Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » DarkSpace and You as a Pilot
 Author DarkSpace and You as a Pilot
DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-09 00:40   
DarkSpace is a community of Pilots of diffrent gender, race, age, etc. One thing we have to remember the forums are where we come to discuss issues we have that way it can be properly vented as long as within the limits of the RoC. The RoC is the rules and guidelines in which we follow durring both in game play and in the lobby. Most players have read the RoC or hopefully will inspire you to read it again just to refresh your memory.

But the point of all this is about the trash talking going over board to an extreme point now that the /y command will work threw the entire Server that your on. Try to remember that there is children playing this game as well and that they are learning by what your saying and treating each other durring game play.

Some examples of trash talking over "/y" command

Thanks for taking time to read this post and remember "It's Just a Game" and try to have fun.

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-09 04:35   
ppl need thicker hides.

Email Meko
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-09 04:58   
PERSECUTE THE OFFENDERS.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-09 05:09   
Barren chat in space?

SoL Badguy *Monster Energy*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-09 05:44   
So... One of the teams lost and someone started bragging or coming up with excuse why they had won/lost. Thats where it started from right?
Some things never change... >_>

Email SoL Badguy *Monster Energy*
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-09 06:36   
Hides have nothing to do with it, Meko. If this were an 18+ only game, then that might be a valid response. The fact that we explicitly strive to keep it PG and friendly for all ages means chat should be free of obscenities, innuendo, and the like. If you want to make such comments, use friends chat or some other (semi-)private method.

Email Shigernafy
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-09 07:24   
I Realize, and i do =)

i dont talk very much in open comms just for that reason

Email Meko
DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-09 10:00   
Quote:

On 2009-01-09 05:44, Fatal SoL Badguy wrote:
So... One of the teams lost and someone started bragging or coming up with excuse why they had won/lost. Thats where it started from right?
Some things never change... >_>

Most likley, I don't tend to read all of it cause it gives me a headache.

This isnt some kinda bashing post, just a reminder to those who have forgotten that
A. Its a game for all ages
B. People watching your actions
C. That the RoC is more than just a acronym

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Depth
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-09 13:56   
Quote:

On 2009-01-09 06:36, Shigernafy wrote:
Hides have nothing to do with it, Meko. If this were an 18+ only game, then that might be a valid response. The fact that we explicitly strive to keep it PG and friendly for all ages means chat should be free of obscenities, innuendo, and the like. If you want to make such comments, use friends chat or some other (semi-)private method.

Applause!

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-01-09 14:01   
I think we're all missing the real issue here.

There was once a time when trash-talking was an art; an activity for only the deftest of mind and sharpest of wit. Battles more fierce than those taking place in space were waged across the red lines of /e. Men the likes of Spiritlift, KC, and sono cut their teeth in the ruthless trenches of smack-talk. Their weapons were not the clumsy "YER MOM OLOLOL" or the heavy-handed "LOL U GAIS SUKC AT GAEM KEK"; rather, they preferred the sniper-rifle of precise language and the assassin's blade of incontravertible insult. In terms Internet spaceship gamers may understand, they were the Jedi, wielding an ancient weapon of a more civilized age, and have tragically been replaced by hordes of force-pike wielding Gamorreans.

The issue, then, is not the smack-talk. Rather, it is the quality of the smack-talk. I propose, here and now, that we take aggressive action to reverse the trend that trash-talking on Darkspace has taken, and return it to the magnificent practice that it once was.

Poopshackles
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-09 14:22   
The thing to remember is this is a game and to certain extents should remain fun for players of ALL ages not just 18+ or PG.
There is a difference between flaming (done in fun) and insulting.
Saying "you suck" should not be against the RoC, saying "your a pathetic player only capable of utilizing bugs and/or glitches and easy aspect of game-play" is offensive. Obviously insults aimed directly at a person remain totallyyyyyy of limits.
Propaganda has it's uses to. Making one fleet look worse than another is basic recruitment, infaction slander is kinda sad .
Petty arguements are part of the game and always will be, the goal is just how to argue appropraitly.

Have a drink and think.
Smoke a J and play.
<3

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-01-09 14:25   
Quote:

On 2009-01-09 14:01, $yTHe {C?} wrote:

There was once a time when trash-talking was an art; an activity for only the deftest of mind and sharpest of wit. Battles more fierce than those taking place in space were waged across the red lines of /e. Men the likes of Spiritlift, KC, and sono cut their teeth in the ruthless trenches of smack-talk. Their weapons were not the clumsy "YER MOM OLOLOL" or the heavy-handed "LOL U GAIS SUKC AT GAEM KEK"; rather, they preferred the sniper-rifle of precise language and the assassin's blade of incontravertible insult. In terms Internet spaceship gamers may understand, they were the Jedi, wielding an ancient weapon of a more civilized age, and have tragically been replaced by hordes of force-pike wielding Gamorreans.

The issue, then, is not the smack-talk. Rather, it is the quality of the smack-talk. I propose, here and now, that we take aggressive action to reverse the trend that trash-talking on Darkspace has taken, and return it to the magnificent practice that it once was.

Say it brother!

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-01-09 23:56   
Quote:

This.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-10 01:21   
Quote:

While i totally, 1000000% agree with $ythe, i think we're all missing the point here...Has anyone taken the time to watch Depth's sig? That will beat out any argument any of you can put up to anything. I dare you to say something that will go against his signiture....DARE YOU!

Page created in 0.032610 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR