No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » OH SNAP!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author OH SNAP!
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-19 04:41   
Only problem is, what if I'm the only non-fleet online at the time? I cannot group?

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-19 05:02   
Quote:
Only problem is, what if I'm the only non-fleet online at the time? I cannot group?

Valid concern. Also as was mentioned earlier, can you intentionally group. Say one non fleeted individual wishes to join myself and cohorts on a roam, can we invite them to our gang?

an alternite question as well: can you by choice ungang yourself.

now onto the new questions:

1: Is the shared pres stuff server by server? or does it transfer around the entire MV?

2: What about Idle people? when u said 'automatically' in the post, the first thing i though of was some midshipman going AFK in an ecm scout at a random location, only to return to the computer as a 2nd RA.

3: does this re-introduction of grouping include gang warp and formation flying?

4: Are you intending to add a hotlinked menu in a later patch for ease of UI use? ill explain what i mean. when in a gang, a minimizable window (say f8?) contains the name of everyone in your fleet with a clickable name. (click to select) that way people can say "Jump to me guys i need backup" or whatever and people dont need to A; sort through the crap in f2 screen, and B; wait for the f2 screen to update.

5: concerning missions, are they going to be NPC missions; ie go here, do that. or are they going to be a high ranking player assigning a mission for 'capture awaiad' and some other lower ranked guy accepting the mission, and thus getting the bonus pres?

5a: assuming the answer is NPC spawnable, how will they be levelled? its rather easy for a GA to cap a planet, but if a midshipman were to be assigned the same task, it would be a nightmare.

5b: assuming the answer is player spawnable, how are you going to ensure its unfarmable.

unf unf

Email Meko
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-19 05:06   
Yeah I have to say that there will be many times I won't want to group at all, and do not want to be forced to.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-19 05:33   
Quote:
Yeah I have to say that there will be many times I won't want to group at all, and do not want to be forced to.

^ This.

Email Meko
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-19 06:29   
Hope some sort of manual grouping will be available, i.e someone invites another and that initial person becomes group leader. This then can be used for fleet only grouping, or selective group for operations attacking or defending systems.
I'm sure more information will become available soon.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-01-19 06:30   
Actually all non-fleeted people will automatically group together.

There are limits as to the exact number of people in each group.

There will be "range" limits to participate in a group and receive points.

Email Tael
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-19 09:57   
@T dawg, wut about the rest of the questions??

Email Meko
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-19 11:33   
Quote:

On 2009-01-19 05:02, Meko wrote:
1: Is the shared pres stuff server by server? or does it transfer around the entire MV?

There will be a proximity to which prestige is shared. Whether this is per server, or per system, we don't know, but it deffinately will not spread to the entire MV.

2: What about Idle people? when u said 'automatically' in the post, the first thing i though of was some midshipman going AFK in an ecm scout at a random location, only to return to the computer as a 2nd RA.

We're already talking about ways to prevent this.

3: does this re-introduction of grouping include gang warp and formation flying?

Grouping, currently, is only planned to share prestige. We have no plans to make a gang jump or formation flying (also, how do you pick who has control over these things - what if you don't want to?).

4: Are you intending to add a hotlinked menu in a later patch for ease of UI use? ill explain what i mean. when in a gang, a minimizable window (say f8?) contains the name of everyone in your fleet with a clickable name. (click to select) that way people can say "Jump to me guys i need backup" or whatever and people dont need to A; sort through the crap in f2 screen, and B; wait for the f2 screen to update.

A UI overhaul is slated at some point in the future. It's of importance to us, so it's not far down the list. At the moment, we'll probably be using the old grouping window to show all of this.

5: concerning missions, are they going to be NPC missions; ie go here, do that. or are they going to be a high ranking player assigning a mission for 'capture awaiad' and some other lower ranked guy accepting the mission, and thus getting the bonus pres?

It's unknown what type of missions will be available, and how, when we do impliment the system, but rest assured we'll have something for everyone.

5a: assuming the answer is NPC spawnable, how will they be levelled? its rather easy for a GA to cap a planet, but if a midshipman were to be assigned the same task, it would be a nightmare.

5b: assuming the answer is player spawnable, how are you going to ensure its unfarmable.

Whilst it may be easier for a FA to cap a planet, they also require more prestige to get to the next rank. There will be variance in the missions, ie, if you have to kill something, then the difficulty will be much higher for a higher ranked player.

Farmability is a valid concern, and we've already taken steps to stop the AI farming (or rather, lower the prestige from it). Most likely, if we see farming becoming an issue in missions, we'll do something about it.

unf unf

snu snu

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2009-01-19 11:34 ]

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-19 11:43   
Not to gripe, but can we get a little more content in the way of ships, designs, new classes etc, so that fleets like this are viable in a very wide range of tactics, instead of the usual dreads and sups we have now.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-19 12:10   
Quote:

On 2009-01-19 11:33, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
(also, how do you pick who has control over these things - what if you don't want to?).[/b]

Well, what if I don't want to group with others? Am I gonna be able to leave this group I'm automatically in?

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2009-01-19 13:53   
Groups are no longer going to be automatic... we are going to do them just like before, where players can form, join, and leave groups on their own.

So automatic grouping is nixed because of the reasons you guys have given...

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-01-19 14:03   
yay! were gonna be like normal MMO's now!

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-19 14:57   
Quote:

On 2009-01-19 13:53, Faustus wrote:
Groups are no longer going to be automatic... we are going to do them just like before, where players can form, join, and leave groups on their own.

So automatic grouping is nixed because of the reasons you guys have given...

-F

Hehe, hes a fleet admiral.
Poor guy got demoted in his own game

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-19 15:02   
he big f got to learn suns burn ur ship right? lol

Email deathblave
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-01-19 15:09   
Sounds fun, reminds me of the old days.
Just hope grouping could be a little more advanced this time. I'm hoping for something like a /group command (/group list), or some manageable GUI like some have suggested already.

O SNAP.. missions are coming back to. i so loved those buggers.

New if i can only find time to play the game, i haven't even got time to L-camp...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019023 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR