No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » OH SNAP!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author OH SNAP!
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-19 15:26   
Quote:
Groups are no longer going to be automatic... we are going to do them just like before, where players can form, join, and leave groups on their own.

So automatic grouping is nixed because of the reasons you guys have given...

-F

<3

this is good news

Email Meko
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-19 16:23   
Very good So long as people don't exclude others on purpose.

I wouldn't mind a system where everyone in the faction is grouped. Is that possible to do? Fleet or non-fleet, everyone is grouped together upon logging in. And if someone wants to leave the group they are free to do so, and join again later if they want.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-19 19:37   
Quote:

On 2009-01-19 16:23, MrSparkle wrote:
Very good So long as people don't exclude others on purpose.

I wouldn't mind a system where everyone in the faction is grouped. Is that possible to do? Fleet or non-fleet, everyone is grouped together upon logging in. And if someone wants to leave the group they are free to do so, and join again later if they want.

I would. Imagine 20 people sharing prestige? No thanks.

Im just happy with what we have. If people get excluded, well, too bad for them .They can make their own group too.

-Ent

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-20 04:44   
Well to be honest I don't like the idea of sharing prestige at all. That's why I wanted a way to get out of an automatic group.

I really don't see the problem with the system we have now? There's no grouping and everything is just fine?

EDIT: Actually it depends on what exactly is shared. Is it just prestige, or is it specific badge requirement points that will be shared? Am I going to be getting engineering points if I'm grouped with someone who's building stuff? That I don't agree with. Sharing basic prestige regardless of who's doing what might not be so bad. But again, I like it the way it is so I don't see the point.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-01-20 04:58 ]

DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-20 05:55   
How about adding an option to use prestige sharing in the groups? That way if you are trying to help someone, say a lower ranked member of your fleet for instance, get a few more points to rank up then you can but not do it all the time. So in theory if I'm within say 250 points of getting another rank but I can only play for a lil while then I have the chance to get prestige a little quicker, or something along those lines. Another idea for ships is how about adding more slots for repair drones on the heavy supply ships, two is good but it still takes a really long time to repair a damaged dread if you are the only one repairing, or how about adding and efficency multiplier to the supply ships, so the more supply ships there are on the server the lower the efficency is, while if there are fewer supply ships the drones are more efficent and repair faster. Just a thought.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-01-20 07:25   
Quote:

On 2009-01-20 04:44, MrSparkle wrote:
Well to be honest I don't like the idea of sharing prestige at all. That's why I wanted a way to get out of an automatic group.

I really don't see the problem with the system we have now? There's no grouping and everything is just fine?

EDIT: Actually it depends on what exactly is shared. Is it just prestige, or is it specific badge requirement points that will be shared? Am I going to be getting engineering points if I'm grouped with someone who's building stuff? That I don't agree with. Sharing basic prestige regardless of who's doing what might not be so bad. But again, I like it the way it is so I don't see the point.
[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-01-20 04:58 ]

The main reason for grouping is so that people will be able to gain prestige when flying non-combat, non-supply ships. Like Interdictor Cruisers or sensor scouts/frigates. Stuff that may very much help out the team, but won't get the player any prestige.

Email Jim Starluck
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-20 07:30   
What I would really like to see is if a group formed under a Command Dreadnought could hold more people. (Not Command Sations though, they already get too damn many benefits, save that for command interfaces).

At least it would give those particular ships something noticeably useful that actually makes sense.

-Ent

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-20 07:53   
Will there be group leaders? It would be very, very neat if simply all groups needed to be started by a command dreadnought or station. (or keep the other groups smaller)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.010628 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR