No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Mycopia and Necroph
 Author Mycopia and Necroph
Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-01-25 12:26   
Was just wondering if there was a possibility of these revolting back to pirate less often.

At the moment they will revolt within a minute of being capped which remves any incentive to cap them and the def bases make the near by planets interesting.

Obviously they're great for figterbombers and nice training grounds to create elites inf but I think too many pirates / pirate planets in key places distract people from going off and fighting the other factions.

If the pirate planets stayed capped for awhile - ugto ould have to move into luth space / icc space more proper combat might ensue

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-25 16:07   
Yeah, been saying this for a while now and they really haven't done much (so far).

Hopefully they'll reduce AI spawn times like that, makes it far to easy to farm.

Email Supertrooper
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-25 16:25   
What I'd like to see is a random planet in Sag revolt to pirate when one of their planets is capped, not just the planets in Luyten. Maybe Mycopia is attacked, and soon after Oymvre revolts, then Haven, then Rhalago etc. There will always be at least 4 pirate planets, but you never know where they will show up next.

Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-01-25 17:53   
Could have the pirates move back away from whichever faction capped a planet - so Ugto cap one - pirates cap another away from Ugto - they gradually retreat back towards kluth / icc .

I many ways this would be realistic. The frontier between the 3 factionswould be where the pirates would be safest and as the frontier moves - the pirates would move with it.

You'd need to balance that up with some AI tweaks so that AI spawn is in inverse proportion to human.

i.e. loads of Ugto on = little UGTO AI. No ICC on = Loads of ICC AI on.

Then another one so that as the overall player base logged on increases - the number of pirates / MI reduce.

That way - if you're the only person on - you'll see loads of AI to fight. As people join - AI numbers reduce until you end up with almost all human and just a few AI to add interest / balance the teams

Light404
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-25 18:04   
Quote:

Then another one so that as the overall player base logged on increases - the number of pirates / MI reduce.

That way - if you're the only person on - you'll see loads of AI to fight. As people join - AI numbers reduce until you end up with almost all human and just a few AI to add interest / balance the teams

That's actually a fantastic idea, the only problem becomes dealing with the pirate stations which are now as good, if not better than a battle/line station

Griffinhawk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-25 20:32   
I took out a Pirate Station earlier today and your right it is as tough as the battle/line station

Goto the website of Griffinhawk
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-26 00:23   
Who gave the Pirate station 2 QST's AND 2 Ions? those hurt, and if your close enough it can fire almost constantely with core weps...and in rogens rift, where i can't get anything higher then the Heavy Crusier...oye. Though of i could go dread on it, it'd be really fun and a tough fight.

Griffinhawk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-26 14:41   
well i tend to get jumped by a couple pirate cruisers and then the station pops in sometimes i wish i could launch all my fighters...

Goto the website of Griffinhawk
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-26 21:21   
Quote:

That's already how they work, more or less.

Factional AI is inversely proportional to the number of players on that faction, so as more ICC logoff, more AI are spawned.
Pirates and MI are proportional to human players, though, so the fuller the servers are, the more the NPC factions will grow to harass them.

Email Shigernafy
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-01-27 13:39   
Quote:

Factional AI is inversely proportional to the number of players on that faction, so as more ICC logoff, more AI are spawned.
Pirates and MI are proportional to human players, though, so the fuller the servers are, the more the NPC factions will grow to harass them.

Thats actually very good to know. I had no idea why i was getting trounced by 20 to 30 MI in procyon 1 particular day... just thought they got sick of me blowing away their planets...

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-28 04:13   
I suggest spawning less of the MIR/pirate AI when the server gets fuller. Will encourage PVP more.

Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-01-28 16:30   
Quote:

On 2009-01-28 04:13, Sixkiller wrote:
I suggest spawning less of the MIR/pirate AI when the server gets fuller. Will encourage PVP more.

Me too.

I liked this game because of the PvP. don;t get me wrong, i have no problem with wasting pirates occasionally BUT

a lot of people like fighting the AI - its easy pres. Also if you'reattacked by AI you have to fight back. That means that you get so many busy against NPC that you can't get a fleet together to go fight PVP.

Page created in 0.018017 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR