Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Prestige rates decreased the playability of the game
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Prestige rates decreased the playability of the game
ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-28 02:39   
Hi. I want to say a few words about new pres gain system. And to say, that the pres amount you get from AI ships are really small. It is even not noticeable. I get 2 pres for a frigate, 3-4 for a dessie, 10 for a cruiser and 30 for a dread. I think, I became Fleet Admiral for more then 10 times already. I am a European. And there are really few players play, when I am in the game. So, it is almost impossible to go into fair PvP (I mean fair 3 vs 5-6 dreads, but not 1 against 3 in different part of the galaxy). So, pres gain for me now is impossible. I really liked this game before, but now it is pointless for me to play it. There is no result. I stay for 2 weeks already with 40k pres amount.

Somebody told here earlyer, that he spent two years to get to the point, where he is now (I think Marshal, or smth). But, I can bet, he is an American and when he is in the game, there are at least 10 other guys are playing too. Besides, I don''t want to spend 2 YEARS OF MY REAL LIFE to get some marshal rank. This is a game, not a part of my life. I came here to relax, to fight a little, to have a good time, and not to live here. I met 2 great girls and started a relations with them during that 2 years, found a job, finished a university, got the Diploma, visited 2 other countries, had 2 surgeries, learned to play the guitar, skate, skiing, spent some time in the mountains. I had a very best colorfull life. Why do I have to sacrifice all that just because of game?
I want to say, that it is just a game, and I want to play it, but not to live it. I don''t want fast rates, but what we have for now sucks. One my death is equal to 200 dessies kills, or 60 cruisers kills, or 20 dreads. That is not easy, because they spawn slowly, other players can kill those or help those. And I play most of the time alone.

So, if someone think, that I am right, post your message here, if someone think I am not, post here anyway. Any point of view would be valuable for devs.

And I am out, no matter that I can play for 2 monthes more. I am out till better rates, because at this point the gameplay has no use to me because I see no reason to play further.

Thanks to everyone, I played with and had a great battles. I was not a farmer, some people can prove that. And if someone were, that is their problem. They will never be as good as real space wolves.

ArturK out.

Goto the website of ArturK
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-28 03:03   
I will never ever understand any kind of logic where rewards are the only reason you play a game.

Surely you play a game to be competitive with people.. or.. taking down huge challenges with others, or something?

Right?

I mean, things that are fun. How are rewards fun? How are rewards that are easy to get fun? Or even something that gives a sense of achievement?

AI gives little prestige because they are easy. They are. There's just no getting around the fact that they are worse than what any player could even potentially be. Its a fact.

Overall, the problem just seems that you don't have enough other people to play with -> you decide to fight AI instead to advance -> you're a higher rank so they give less because they are pathetically easy -> you aren't gaining enough for what you're paying -> the AI not giving enough prestige is the problem.

DS is still a PvP game, or at least I hope it is. God, because other games do PvE better than this one does.

The problem is just that you have less people to play with, something Dev's really can't fix (at least, not without making the game better/more appealing, etc.). And making it so you gain more prestige from AI, just means you get to Chief Marshall one day and still have no one else to play with, against unfair odds, etc.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2009-01-28 03:05 ]

ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-28 03:31   
I remember the time, when I was fighting with players two days ago. That was fun, but when I jumped on a station to the battlefield, due to bug I was thrown back... right into the planet. Station out, so I took a dread in order to move into the battle fast, but I was spawn inside the planet. I lost near 1k pres. That is ok, I don''t ask those back. But I can get 1k pres only in 2-3 days, if those were lucky enough. And still, I wanna get some new ships, some new abilities, but that is possible only with higher ranks. And I can''t get those currently. It is impossible for me. As I said, those who played with me, never complained of my skills, I learned this game and its possibilities. It is a very good game. But I am just tired of getting the FA rank for more then 10 times

ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-28 03:38   
And, if I have a Chief Marshal, (well GA would be enough), I can enter one day into a huge battle on a station and to show others that I played this game a lot and know it. But, I don''t want to enter this battle after a year of playing on a cruiser or good old widespread Mandible (it is a godd ship, but not when you fly it all the time).

Besides, are devs thinking about adding some extra large stations into the game for a marshals and chief marshals. Those could be 3 times bigger current stations and form something like a combination of those.

ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-28 04:31   
I thought for a while and had a brain child. What if the pres rate depend of number of players currently in game?
For example:
real_exp_for_ai - 500/(500 - number_of_players)

That is just example of formula and you will need a better one. That number (500) needs to be calculated automaticaly later somehow.

I used small formula, because it will be used a lot of times to calculate the pres for every ai ship and will affect the server productivity.

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-28 06:03   
And the time you wasted complaining in the forums, is the time you lost gaining prestige. You see where this is going?

H&S

ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-28 06:10   
I don''t worry about prestige any more )) I left this game for a better times
Besides, I am at work now and can''t play any way. I can play only 1-2 hours a day
[ This Message was edited by: ArturK on 2009-01-28 06:11 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-28 09:20   
Well, the last time you were destroyed you actually had more players on your side than we did. It's just that you need teamwork. And like I said in another post a few weeks ago, if you know where to find the ai farmers you will always be able to find pvp

Pvp is where the real prestige gain is. Farming ai is not gonna give you the same results, and is gonna make you a target. I know a lot of Kluth right now, including myself, would rather hunt down UGTO ai farmers than fight ICC. You were with them It's just how the game is though, you will be destroyed and you will destroy in turn, and it will keep on happening.

The problem with ai is that they're just too easy to fight. There's no justification for making them give a lot more prestige (I think they should give at least a little more than currently though). You can sit there almost all day killing them with no risk to yourself. That should not be the preferred way to gain prestige.

This reminds of something that's been bugging me: Is it true that the rare Elite MI drops the rare enhancements? Because if so, that's completely 100% wrong to do. PLAYERS should drop the rare enhancements, never ai. They should drop standard as their highest.

I do have to agree with you on the amount of bugs in this version though, like you were saying in game yesterday. I'm still debating whether I want to subscribe tomorrow after my coupon expires. This version has some pretty annoying bugs. I think the cloak issue is solved, but not the core weapon issue, the general desync issues, the arc bug, and a few others. When you have to keep relogging because you go out of sync every 10-20 minutes it becomes too much of an annoyance. And I think everyone is having that problem; I know on Kluth I constantly hear people complaining about it. I'm sure UGTO and ICC do as well.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-28 09:58   
The Elite Mi Drone is several times harder than a single player. Maybe even two (or three).

It's designed to be hard, so the rewards should be just as equal.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-28 10:03   
jack, its hard in the way it has more weapons and armor. Still, its dumb as hell. We sat with 4 stations in the MIR server, just sticking together and shooting absolutely everything. We didnt die, or even get criticly damaged. We just sat, and mashed spacebar. It was boring as hell, but the gains in prestige and enhancements was good. I agree, make players give better rewards. Perhaps just the player stations or something special. Sticking it to stations would discourage using stations, because you'd be a prime target. Kinda along the way we wanted it, right? because to many people use stations

ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-28 10:32   
Quote:

On 2009-01-28 09:20, MrSparkle wrote:
Well, the last time you were destroyed you actually had more players on your side than we did. It's just that you need teamwork. And like I said in another post a few weeks ago, if you know where to find the ai farmers you will always be able to find pvp

I changed the side to UGTO Mr.Sparkle, because no one wanted to fight Kluth. So I encouraged them with my station to go to the nearest system. It seems you had 2 dreads and a station. We had elite dread and an SS. And still, i faced a bug then. When you killed me I had (acording to my client) 60% of hull and nearly 30% of armor.

That is what I am talking about ). I lose a lot of pres because of small bugs and it is really hard for me to get that pres. I can do it only 1-2 hours a day, when I start to meet other players in game (it is normally 1 am at my place). Then I sleep and go to work.

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-28 10:58   
ArturK - you are not the only one that gets bugs!

After you died and before you died i had a bug my weapons did no more any damage, and still yet i survied.

And its not a bug if you Hit Shigt+J and then ppl track you and kill you.
Its not like you would have survied even if you didint get the "bug".

We just outsmarted you by getting you to jump and after that we were planing to track you. So if you wana stay alive, play smart.

And if you are tierd of getting demoted from FA and back up again, get some Buff press as many other does before they pull out a station and gets targeted by many press grouling playes that knows killing in PvP gives more pres than killing AIs.

A good surviving tactic is to not go into a battle if you know you will die
And always remember that cloaking kluth may be near or just 5 seconds away from you. Teamwork is a good advantage in this game.

And if you say that ppl arent playing when you are, well thats not the games fault really and its not your fault its just a bad thing that really cant be fixed. I live in Europe to but somehow i seem to be playing same time as many American does.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-28 11:01   
I know exactly what you mean. To us you were stuck at 0% hull 14% armor and not taking damage. The game has too many bugs, and most are related to the desync issue, which is somehow related to 1.508 since this problem didn't exist much before it. I wonder if it has something to do with "Data sent over the network will be dramatically smaller."

It might even be some other update shortly after 1.508. All I know is the problem is a normal occurance now, and it didn't used to be.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-28 11:40   
Quote:

On 2009-01-28 11:01, MrSparkle wrote:
I know exactly what you mean. To us you were stuck at 0% hull 14% armor and not taking damage. The game has too many bugs, and most are related to the desync issue, which is somehow related to 1.508 since this problem didn't exist much before it. I wonder if it has something to do with "Data sent over the network will be dramatically smaller."

It might even be some other update shortly after 1.508. All I know is the problem is a normal occurance now, and it didn't used to be.

Right, he was stuck at 0% hull and 14% armor. Sparkle, you saw that like this , and i did , then other kluth players saw him in same conditions.So i am wondering , may it be the server who is getting desync problem?(sarcasm)

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-01-28 21:04 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-28 12:18   
The server can't be desynced, only clients can (it's just the way things work).

However, I just bumped up the priority on the bug in mantis about the client desync.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023726 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR