Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Prestige rates decreased the playability of the game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Prestige rates decreased the playability of the game
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-28 13:44   
cinda strange that the MI elites is the only one droping rare enchantments..thats just encurages farming of ai`s. How am ppl that dont farm or go hunting for ai`s supposed to get those rare enchantments?

So let the rare enchantments come from players with big ships aswell, so that all of us can benefit from it.

And i realy hope u bump that desynch problem to pri 1. Because atm its not realy playable in the mv...cant go 10 mins without a bug happening. I do not know if its only in luth space this is goin on thoug.

And about the pres droppin for you arthur is cinda strange..ive playd alot with you on luth and evry day we have had many battles with the icc. Lots of chances to get prestige. I can agree its not easy to get the big press out of it but your not supposed to be ranking up real fast either.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-28 14:37   
Quote:

On 2009-01-28 12:18, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
However, I just bumped up the priority on the bug in mantis about the client desync.

Things more important then data not being sent to the client correctly:

1)

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-28 14:47   
Quote:

On 2009-01-28 14:37, Fattierob (x2 Black Keys) wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-01-28 12:18, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
However, I just bumped up the priority on the bug in mantis about the client desync.

Things more important then data not being sent to the client correctly:

1)

Fattie, I lov-*ahem*.

Agreed.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-28 15:25   
Quote:

On 2009-01-28 13:44, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] wrote:
And about the pres droppin for you arthur is cinda strange..ive playd alot with you on luth and evry day we have had many battles with the icc. Lots of chances to get prestige. I can agree its not easy to get the big press out of it but your not supposed to be ranking up real fast either.

Losing a station costs a lot, like 600-700 prestige or even more. That can actually take a little while to make up. Dreads lose considerably less but still a lot. It's why I don't often use stations. Dreads right now offer the best chance of making prestige through combat vs risk taken.

There's also other ways to make prestige Bombing and capping planets can give you a lot. Don't think solely combat.

Sinister Strawberry
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-28 19:46   
i agree completly with artuk its makes the new players want to leave almost immeditaly noticing that they cant do anything cause they have such weak ships and cant get press to get better ones. same for other ranks as well.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-28 20:14   
I've been saying that myself. Some of the mods and devs know all too well that I've been saying that The difference in firepower between dreads and destroyers is too great. I didn't have this problem when I was new. Back then a dread could kill your destroyer, but dreads were fairly rare and needed to be protected because destroyers did have some firepower. Noticeable firepower. Enough firepower that a few them were a very serious threat.

Back then we didn't have levels for weapons and armor. That's the thing.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-28 21:07   
Quote:

On 2009-01-28 20:14, MrSparkle wrote:
I've been saying that myself. Some of the mods and devs know all too well that I've been saying that The difference in firepower between dreads and destroyers is too great. I didn't have this problem when I was new. Back then a dread could kill your destroyer, but dreads were fairly rare and needed to be protected because destroyers did have some firepower. Noticeable firepower. Enough firepower that a few them were a very serious threat.

Back then we didn't have levels for weapons and armor. That's the thing.

Ahem, I in a double duel, kicked arse of battle dread and torpedo cruiser in my stinger...

lio
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-29 12:28   
art u gained FA in less than a month, your post insults playme.

ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-29 12:52   
When I started to play the game, there were a great bunch of people playing it too. I became an admiral in 2 weeks by supplying. And still it is possible to do that now. Got a commander on a newbie server and then there were something like 30 people playing there. Then everybody moved to Sagitarius and I did a good job there. I did a good job to get FA. And had a good time. And still wanna have it. Wanna great battles, but I don't see those at my time zone

Goto the website of ArturK
Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2009-01-29 19:35   
Well in all fairness I can see were your comming from...but I've lost my train of thought and fogot what I was going to say...moving on
I also work but from time to time I find the time to com ein and have a few battles. There have been days were i've spent near enough 24 hours ingame, you just have to look around and switch servers every now and then. If you sit in the same server/system your not going to find anything else but AI and the odd wanderer.

- Admiral Alucard

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-01-29 20:45   
Going back to the original post on this thread...

YOUR rank is the reason you get so little from killing the A.I.... The A.I.'s were initially put in to give lower ranked players working their way up something to fight and not have to worry about getting jumped by 6 dreads in their transport.

As you go up in rank you get less and less points from killing the A.I., you no longer need the saftey net, go battle other players and take risks. The greater the risk, the higher the reward (and points).

Personally I think this whole thread is just plain silly.

Email Tael
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-29 21:07   
and tael talked..

what can u say after all this!

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-30 00:19   
haha teal owened u!

Email deathblave
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-01-30 01:03   
Not just that he's a Fleet Admiral... but that he's a fricking Fleet Admiral in a month's time. Good grief.

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-01-30 01:24   
Good point Cadet Sardaukar.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030398 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR