Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Prestige rates decreased the playability of the game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Prestige rates decreased the playability of the game
ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-30 02:06   
Quote:

On 2009-01-29 20:45, Tael wrote:
Going back to the original post on this thread...

As you go up in rank you get less and less points from killing the A.I., you no longer need the saftey net, go battle other players and take risks. The greater the risk, the higher the reward (and points).

Personally I think this whole thread is just plain silly.

Actually, I though that the pres is gained with the same rate all the way long. And that is why other players leave this game so fast (as I thought). But if you say that it can be gained much faster in the begining then it should be fine. But tell me, if you wanted pres in the begining, before 1-st rear admiral, what would you do? I think that would be supping. And fighting with a destroyer is silly. For now, it is useless. You can just take off the armor of the enemy and he will flee. And you will not do any hull damage, you will do no pres by fighting on a dessie. That is why we did supping. That is how I got my vice admiral. Agree, that to get and admiral I did a lot of farming. But after admiral I fought a lot of PvP battles. Actually, that is the only thing I do after getting Admiral. And now to get an admiral players have to suffer a lot.

I can agree even with the idea to give no pres for ai ships after getting FA. You can apply it even just for me. But please, think about how to keep new players interested in the begining of the game. Because the fight 3 dreads 2 SS vs 2 dreads and 2 SS is not a MASSIVE multiplayer game. That is a local network fight.

I spread this game in my local network, hope someone will download it and play for 14 days at least, but we need to keep new players interested in the game. Because it become boring. So, I say, increase rates for new meat.

Goto the website of ArturK
SoL Badguy *Monster Energy*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-30 02:09   
Lol Art. Its funny that you dont find the battles, cause ICC and Kluth are fighting like all the time. Not saying that I've been in every battle but I've been in most of them, and you Kluth team mates know it.

Email SoL Badguy *Monster Energy*
ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-30 02:10   
Quote:

On 2009-01-30 00:19, deathblave wrote:
haha teal owened u!

You really have to find out what does that mean - to be owned. Tael just expressed his point. And to be owned - that is something different.

ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-30 02:17   
Quote:

On 2009-01-30 02:09, Fatal SoL Badguy wrote:
Lol Art. Its funny that you dont find the battles, cause ICC and Kluth are fighting like all the time. Not saying that I've been in every battle but I've been in most of them, and you Kluth team mates know it.

I saw you a lot of times also. But, as I say. 3 dreads vs 2 dreads - that is not a massive fight. That is a duel. So, I come in the game when it is 00.00 am at my place and play until 2 am. That is the only time I see other players.

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-01-30 04:16   
Heya Art

The fact that you have made FA in under 4 weeks in this version as a new player is a slap in the face (more like a punch in the face - its a really big deal) to alot of players who have put great efforts to achieve the same rank in a count of years while keeping their social lives in balance.

This post has really highlighted how flawed the AI prestige gains have been. And I believe are continued to be even after the reduction.

For you personally I think well done, a majority of players who joined at the same time that you did have not made the same gains. So you have shown a resourceful side to your game playing. I have seen you in game telling of unwritten pacts with the uggies in the Luyten system that you all kill the AI together rather than fight - quite understandable. And risky - I woulda killed Ya

Now you really need to focus on the player side of the game mate (This is not WoW its a PvP based game and this new version has kinda blurred that line I think). You unfortunately are in a more challenging position than alot of us have been (And likely what has provokd your post). You have access to the higher end ships but have not gone through the trials that most have and are more likely to lose against a tried player and thus your promotion fluctuations.

Personally I spent 6 straight weeks on ICC followed by 6 straight weeks on UGTO then 6 straight weeks on Kluth before I made a final decision on my faction (18 weeks of playing and I was stoked I could fly a Cruiser). In less than 4 weeks you achieved what took me at least 2 years to achieve. I am proud of that achievement as many here are. In less than 4 weeks you just registered a complaint.

You've missed this (a good side of the game) and now the easy Prestige has been taken away from you. Welcome to the real game - I pity you, I slightly envy you, and I will enjoy hunting you

And by the way, I am Australian - there are even less of us in this time zone than the the europeans I have had to set my alarm to 2am at times so I can get into a fight.

ArturK
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-30 05:08   
Quote:

On 2009-01-30 04:16, Sauur wrote:
Heya Art

You've missed this (a good side of the game) and now the easy Prestige has been taken away from you. Welcome to the real game - I pity you, I slightly envy you, and I will enjoy hunting you

Would be a pleasure to die from your blast. Hope, I will see ya on week-ends. I really understand, that you proud of what you did in this years. But still, I prestige can be gain by supplying rather fast. It is still possible to become 2-nd rear in two weeks.

I know, I was wrong with my first post. But we have somehow to encourage the new players to join the fight. Not like a supps, but like a battle ships. Increase a firepower of dessies, frigats. Because now only dreads, stations and torpedo cruisers participate in PvP. And it would be more interesting if all kind of ships will. It is not interesting for newbies to fire in a huge ship with no effect. Maybe it is possible to give some pres for armor damage? Not only for hull. We need a fighting fleet, not a duel between flag ships.

PS: Torpedos' damage really needs to be recalculated. Those are torpedoes! The huge devastating slow flying stuff! In real life (at navy) you need only one torp to destroy any ship. Of course, I don''t ask about the same, but make them more powerful, much more then they are now. Now those do less damage then a common weapon. (QT are good, but if other will be recalculated those should be empowered a little too).

PPS: Sorry for making FA in less then one month. I just followed my strategy. You can hunt me whenever you wish. I will not complain about pres any more. Will complain only about few players in game. But I try to find some guys in my city. Sent this game into few local networks. That is nearly 10 000 people. Maybe someone will join us.

PPPS: That is some kind of ALL TROUBLES post already ). Anyway, at least I said everything that was inside me and now feel myself much better
[ This Message was edited by: ArturK on 2009-01-30 06:11 ]

SoL Badguy *Monster Energy*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-30 06:31   
@Art - There you go . Forget the AI. Just kill them for fun, not for the prestige.
@Sauur - Tell Hellza to drop by in the MV sometimes

Email SoL Badguy *Monster Energy*
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-30 09:12   
Quote:

On 2009-01-28 21:07, Pakhos wrote:
Ahem, I in a double duel, kicked arse of battle dread and torpedo cruiser in my stinger...

They must have done something wrong then? Every minute or so they're able to point-jump you, which is what they should have done.

I agree with ArturK that lower ranked ships should have more firepower. That's how the game has always been. Dreads and stations have the massive firepower they should have, but destroyers and frigates don't have enough (I'm torn now on whether or not cruisers do - torp cruisers do pretty well). Raise their weapon levels a bit maybe?

As for torpedo damage, yeah it's bad. Not sure why torp cruisers do so well, but I know 6 siphon AM torpedoes do 7% shield damage to ICC dread active shields. That's pitiful especially considering how much energy they use and how inaccurate they are. AM torps are supposed to be the most powerful, and siphon torps seem to have a higher level than even mandible torps (22 torps per bay vs 25 on mandible, means higher level right?) I did hear torpedo and other weapon damage is being looked into, but nothing is as important as the desync issues so we might have to be patient.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-01-30 09:37   
Torpedo cruisers do well because they are relativity quick and they are small, and in a fight between dreads and stations the cruises can generally do whatever they want without becoming a major target. And unlike a torpedo dread they can actually move and shoot at the same time with out running out of energy.

When flying a station your view is so far out you can't even see anything smaller then a dread.

[ This Message was edited by: Sops on 2009-01-30 09:39 ]

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-31 14:29   
Thank god for Tael to say something . That newbie was going to get some nice choice of words from me.

P.S 1 month of playing and he is FA(WTF) stop the whine and learn how to play.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-31 19:03   
FA in one single month. And you moan about lessened prestige gain.

Some people have been playing for YEARS and havent gotten that, because they don't exploit.

How is it fair? Tell me.

Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-01 06:49   
Ur crying about AI pres =/
YOU GOT TO FA in under 4 weeks.
i got FA about two weeks ago.....
i have played on n off since 2003.....

I live in Australia and only time i can play with the US guys is like midnight or early in the morning 90% of that time im in bed or working....
But i only PVP and there is always someone on willing to PVP....

grraahhh me just going to click submit and stop wasting my time...

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-01 07:24   
Sure Fleet Admiral in a month is extreme as some of us taken years to get to that level.
Not defending him but maybe he didnt realise thats how it was for us, slow and painfully hard, maybe he thought it was the usual quick route to high level as much as world of warcraft or lords of the rings online offers to others.
Maybe he joined when 1.5 was released and saw the prestige it gave him as he thought this was normal, and the higher playerbase numbers we had back then. Now that its been turned down and the playerbase has dwindled abit he was showing some concern for the game. Also from his grammar English if not his primary language so he might now be able to express as clear as you or I.
We should give new players benefit of the doubt when they come here to express their concerns, and politely in an mature manner tell them how it was, and the problems we have faced to get to the new release.

Really no need to all jump on him or any other new players like a pack of wolves and rip him a new one. (no pun in tended)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.026499 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR