No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Interdictors and sensors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Interdictors and sensors
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-30 09:14   
The game is a lot more fun without dictors. Planets are being capped, big fights are happening, people aren't as worried about being killed in a fight so they're not afraid to jump in, etc.

If you go AFK and get killed (is that what happened?) it's not the lack of a dictor that did it.

When dictors are fixed we will see a lot less skirmishes in the MV, a lot more planet hugging, much less planet capping...it's not gonna be nearly as fun.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-30 09:58   
Quote:

On 2009-01-29 11:26, JCommander wrote:
I know interdictors were disable due to AI but that doesnt compare to having a Kluth Dread show up right behind you and kill you, and for them haing the ability to jump out just before they get killed. That is a tremendous disadvantage since they can go anywhere clocked, show up, kill the unsuspecting ship, and get out without any problems even if they are almost dying.
There should be consequences to coming in and killing in that fashion. No other faction has that ability because even if they jump out, they can easily be tracked so disabeling interdictors just because that would stop the AI from jumping in doesnt make sense because AI is also part of the game so they should be subjected to the same combat rules.

If you died then you did something wrong and can be easily avoided by playing smart. Sitting and hugging a planet launching missiles and then asking arthrK if he was going to kill you is not playing smart, what if he had a teammate cloaked nearby (in this case me). He alpha'd a platform behind you and i unclocked and alpha'ed you which followed by you jumping and slapping yourself into a nearby planet. I guessed you paniced which goes back to Darkscorpion comment about the suprise and effectiveness of clocking and doing hit and runs as K'luth, its what we do.
If you dont like it then change your play style, dont sit there alone, find a group even if its 2 or 3 players. if no one around then go to a quiet corner somewhere and hunt ai until someones comes on.
Seriously this thread is pointless and there are lots of tips and advice on how to fly smart using tactics that are succesfull for all factions. Yelling in game and posting here does nothing for your image.

My tips always relate to ACM(air combat maneveurs) and naval ship combat tactics.
Aways be aware where you are, always have an escape plan ready (this can be hard when in the heat of a battle and often forget). "Situational awareness" is key to any solo fight or fleet battle.

Always attack from the least defensive part of a ship, in this case your six(rear). You will notice i will always if possible if nothing else is obstructing me as in your case a planet, will attack from behind, this makes the opponent having to think about trying to gain the advantage. For K'luths it takes patients to move into position.

Use your speed to your advantage, especially in turns to keep the enemy in front of you and limit their ability to return fire. If he turns tight, then increase your speed but turn wider, in ACM term this will either be a high yo-yo or low yo-yo, but in principal on a 2D plane it works just as well.

Fly with one or two wingmen, co-ordinate your attacks by letting one person nominate for targetting and communicate at all times. Though i follow orders i tend to be a quiet one on the k'luth side but we can all make a negative into a positive.

Know your enemy, learn the loadouts of an enemy ships, find where their weaks spots are in relation to firing all weapons properly.

Most of all have fun.

Ranting on yell or making pointless threads here doesnt help, just makes you a bigger target in my K'luth eyes.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-30 17:35   
Quote:
The game is a lot more fun without dictors. Planets are being capped, big fights are happening, people aren't as worried about being killed in a fight so they're not afraid to jump in, etc.

Then whats the point of PvP with no risk? How is it different than farming AI?

If being afraid to lose a ship will stop someone from entering a fight.... please direct that indavidual to the aposing faction. I'd like to be able to count on factionmates to have the minerals to stand up in a fight.

Email Meko
*Shadow*
Cadet

Posted: 2009-01-31 05:16   
Well Pegasus, I wasnt talking about that instance, I was talking about another instance when I was using my BC and I was in battle against a Kluth Dread, he was almost dead but was able to jump out and not get killed and then cloak.

The point is, sure is ok to take the time and manuever in and all that, I understand that, but you tell me how would you like it if I came to you on the street and I plunged a knife in your back without you knowing that I was going to do that? Would you say, oh well I was walking the street and I asked for it and now they can bury me or would you say, you SOB at least give me the chance to face you and I'll take my chances or run away.

You guys are so courageous now saying that everyone is battleing out there, does that mean that when things where more balanced you guys were affraid?

There have to be some consequence going around killing unsuspecting Engineers while hiding in the shows. When we go to your house, we don't come unannounced, now do we?

It's funny, the only one crying about it are K'luth. I wonder why. Affraid to lose the advantage?

I would be happy if the sensors at least worked to detect hidden ships, because they are not working at the moment. They are useless detecting anything.
[ This Message was edited by: JCommander on 2009-01-31 05:19 ]

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-31 05:58   
Quote:
...he was almost dead but was able to jump out and not get killed and then cloak....

Track him, ping him, kill him.

Quote:
but you tell me how would you like it if I came to you on the street and I plunged a knife in your back without you knowing that I was going to do that?

Old Rock Day!
When : Always January 7th

Old Rock Day is an opportunity to enjoy and appreciate old rocks and fossils. Perhaps you can start a rock collection.

~~~
This holiday has about as much relevance to the game as your statement.

Quote:

... more balanced you guys were affraid?

If by more balanced you mean the ECCM pinging broken? as in not intended to be like that? Or were u thinkin in the past Kluth were worse than they are now? Infact, assume these are rhetorical, for you answer matters not. K'luth are easy to kill, but then again so are ICC and UGTO. Each faction has the presumption that they are indeed the underdogs, when in reality that is balance. To each his own weakness and strength, the one your so vividly complaining about is the strength of K'luth hit and run tactics.

Quote:
There have to be some consequence going around killing unsuspecting Engineers while hiding in the shows. When we go to your house, we don't come unannounced, now do we?

2 part answer:
First, how much conciquence does an EAD or an AD have when point jumping an engineer, instapopping him, then motoring out? the same as luth.
Second, yes actually you do. Its called point jumping, and K'luth engineers cannot build while cloaked.

Quote:

It's funny, the only one crying about it are K'luth. I wonder why. Affraid to lose the advantage?

Far as i see your the one crying about it.

Quote:
I would be happy if the sensors at least worked to detect hidden ships, because they are not working at the moment. They are useless detecting anything.

Sensors actually do detect hidden ships. Just cause it doesnt light them up like a christmass tree does not excuse the fact that you simply are not looking for the right signs.

You want to go afk at a planet? push for dictors to be fixed faster. however that will only make it marginally safer to do something as hideously inept as that.

Email Meko
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-01-31 07:09   
As for the dictors meaning people aren't afraid to engage in combat, this is the reason that the prestige loss for dying has been lowered. This way, you don't lose giant ammounts when you die. I've been frequently jumping into battles now, being aware that i would probably die. Be aware of what your doing, if you go in KNOWING its going to happen, you can just shoot them all to bits, capture 1, and detonate on the next. Got enough prestige to make up losing that station with a single jump. It takes planning, skill and coordination.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-31 09:07   
Quote:

On 2009-01-30 17:35, Meko wrote:
Then whats the point of PvP with no risk? How is it different than farming AI?

If being afraid to lose a ship will stop someone from entering a fight.... please direct that indavidual to the aposing faction. I'd like to be able to count on factionmates to have the minerals to stand up in a fight.

Maybe my memory of the game with dictors is different than yours. I left early in 483 so it's been a long time, but I distinctly remember entire fleets doing nothing but sitting at planets safe inside their interdictor field. I remember dictor cruisers whose role seemed to be to jump to whichever enemy emergency jumped away so that he could be killed. I remember planets that were really hard to capture (ICC planets especially), but I wasn't around to see much of the easy bombing so that changed after I left. I remember overall bad vibes in the game from dictor cruisers.

My concern is more with dictor cruisers than planetary dictors, although I don't like either one.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-31 10:46   
Quote:

On 2009-01-31 09:07, MrSparkle wrote:
but I distinctly remember entire fleets doing nothing but sitting at planets safe inside their interdictor field. I remember dictor cruisers whose role seemed to be to jump to whichever enemy emergency jumped away so that he could be killed.

this was more due to the fact that (particularly in ugto's case) a dictor cruiser with AMEs and a couple reactors could run around at full speed, with the dictor on, and point jumping with an AMJ would allow it to keep on top of any ship that it couldnt directly out-run.
the armor/shields issue didnt help much easier, but it did make scouts and your garden variety 12-pcannon ED/PDs probably the best option for taking out dictors. dictors werent invincible, everyone just acted like they were.

this version, with the significantly increased e-drain on the dictor, you're limited to about 10gu/s or less if you want to be moving without any major energy loss

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-01-31 11:14   
I made a post before 1.5 was released. I think it was " Is this the Ds we want to play". Idea was making dev team to see what player base wish to have in next patch.

None of you criers came and wrote something. You all said it was cool. I invited you to play beta.. and none of you came to play beta. Everytime a true tester made a post , he was blamed to be silly, stupid..

You arent the only one who spends 10 buck on this game.

Now cry me a river......

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-01-31 14:48   
Quote:

On 2009-01-31 11:14, Pakhos wrote:
I made a post before 1.5 was released. I think it was " Is this the Ds we want to play". Idea was making dev team to see what player base wish to have in next patch.

None of you criers came and wrote something. You all said it was cool. I invited you to play beta.. and none of you came to play beta. Everytime a true tester made a post , he was blamed to be silly, stupid..

You arent the only one who spends 10 buck on this game.

Now cry me a river......

Well said
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-01-31 14:59   
Yeah but who was that directed at? The OP? The rest of us? I wasn't around to beta test this (truth be told, I gave up on this game and was really surprised to get an email saying 1.5 was released. I thought the game would have died and been taken offline instead). I wasn't around to comment on what testers were finding. I think there are more than a few of us who left last version and were not involved in testing this version, but who are still experienced enough with this game to know when things just aren't working correctly.

So for those people "crying" well this version still has some issues, between bugs and balance issues like torpedoes and mines not doing enough damage. They may also have not been around, like me, and thought 1.5 was just a dream...vaporware like Duke Nukem Forever...and all of a sudden here it is.

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm now interesting in seeing how dictor cruisers will work this version. If they will truly be slow and vulnerable when doing their job it could work.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-01-31 15:12 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016009 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR