No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » My 1st post be kind.
 Author My 1st post be kind.
hemlock
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-02-05 06:52   
Just wanted to say I am really enjoying this version of the game but I do have a few comments to make and would welcome any feed back regarding my comments.

Prestige gain: I agree with the lowering of the prestige gain from the AI ships and think this is a good thing although I would like to see some sort of balance in place, An example of the kind of thing I find most nights when I log on Sagittarius is I will see maybe a few stations or dreads attacking a planet with maybe a dread or so tying to stop them.

This kind of fight is fun and the sort of thing I would like to participate in a lot more but there is one minor problem at the moment, I could spend two or more hours taking part in this fight and maybe gain 100 prestige, what I am finding is that supply platforms are now taking over the role that the newer player and his supply ship would have preformed. I must add I think platforms are great tools for the game allowing players to be fixed up and get back to the fight faster and this is a good thing as more PVP = more fun.

So I can snatch some prestige from the ships jumping back that need to be repaired and go to them when they need repairing. Now this is all well and good for a while but I want to get in on the action! The fun is out there with the rest of the ships tussling for the best firing positions and I love it. (I am not good at it tho

Now I am not asking for an I win button on smaller ships but it would seem anything less than dreadnoughts well simply is not up to much, yes its great fun sliding in between the larger ships avoiding there fire while trying to fire your own weapons and yes cruisers can do damage of that I am aware but I am not a threat to a station or a good dreadnought pilot.

What I would like to see is a reason to fly small ships, if we look at some old wet navy battles destroyers had a role to play as screening ships and as torpedo attack ships. I’m not asking for the base weapons of smaller ships to up gunned as they are clearly fine for there intended roles but they need some sort of one or two shot weapon that’s maybe the same as a dreads torpedo’s in damage.

This would make them more viable and you would have a reason to play smaller ships as you would need Cruisers and other destroyers to act as screens against them,

Anyway just a thought I know there is not much time or money for drastic changes within the game but I think 1.5 is a great version and keep up the good work.

Hemlock

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-02-05 07:00   
Well put... Nice job on first post...

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-02-05 10:20   
Feedback in not welcome in this community; hence the removal of the feedback forums.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-05 10:51   
way to not read his post.

good first post, cyas in the MV

Email Meko
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-05 10:52   
Your post echoes exactly what myself and a few others have been saying. There was actually a very good discussion about it a few weeks ago in the lobby.

The first thing you will be told is "this is not real life". I too want destroyers to have a real purpose in the MV, the way a supply ship or engineer or scout with beacons does. All a destroyer is now is small combat ship that can't do much. It used to not be like that (and in the previous version they were too powerful)

I really hope more new players find the time to post their thoughts like this. The devs need to realize that a business model of "the highest rank ships must be the best" is not really necessary for this game, since you need to subscribe anyway to fly anything other than a few scouts and frigates. Changing things a bit to make smaller ships a little stronger and closer to how it was in the old days will not harm Darkspace one bit. In fact it might help greatly.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-05 15:18   
If I may, I just started a thread to discuss the viability of torpedo-boat-esque vessels that would give some more reason to fly destroyers and frigates even in these days of dreadspace: here.

Nice to see some positive feedback, though, and I would agree that the latest version is something of an improvement in general over .484, although naturally, as in any game, there are balancing issues.

Page created in 0.015479 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR