No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +12.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » How to... play as K'Luth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author How to... play as K'Luth
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-10 21:49   
Disruptors suck how? They're practically superior to CL's in everyway unless you're under about 50gu...

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-10 22:07   
Quote:

On 2009-02-10 21:49, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Disruptors suck how? They're practically superior to CL's in everyway unless you're under about 50gu...

This, a million times, this. Disruptors are amazing now. Although I think heavy ruptors suck up too much power for their damage output (the heavy CL too)

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-10 23:37   
funny thing is, any decent Kluth used to know to stay JUST INSIDE 'rupter range. Of course, torps were a little faster, splash a little different (what, faster? more damaging, not sure, but overall, am torps are ta sux now), but now, its basically all about the rupters.

The closer you are to anything with a CL, you lose advantage dramatically. Forgo the deadly all in one alpha. Try using rupters mostly, and if it has stellars, use them too.

Get good using your assault disrupters and your mini flashlight disrupters first, then work the rest in as it comes natural. You'll do less damage, but you'll retain more hull, and live in the battle longer. The fact you do less damage SHOULD be offset by the fact that you are in a pack of a few pilots, variously cloaking and uncloaking as advantage shows itself, seering off armor with each rupter alpha.

Ever notice you almost always get your killshot with your rupters?

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-02-10 23:52 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-11 10:45   
I'm looking forward to when they fix the arc bug, so that I can actually hit with my disruptors the amor arc I've been damaging, instead of seeing some other arc get to red and my disruptors hitting an entirely different one.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-11 11:06   
Quote:

On 2009-02-11 10:45, MrSparkle wrote:
I'm looking forward to when they fix the arc bug, so that I can actually hit with my disruptors the amor arc I've been damaging, instead of seeing some other arc get to red and my disruptors hitting an entirely different one.

Possible fix for this in beta.

Sir Diablos {C?}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-12 00:07   
hhahah well ruptors are sppost to do the same damage at any range altho ive found a few times it them doin more damage at closer range so whatev, the fact that humans can fit reflective armour to greatly reduce disruptor damage kinda sucks in my opinion, especially with the way torpeedo's are right now, omfg can you be serious for a minute wtf is the point in them right now ?? i can evade them in a station for cryin out loud, you guys seriously need to consider de-nerfing torps, there so slow my dread can almost fly faster than them....i dont care if you reduce there damage or whatever you seem to "see fit" but for cryin out loud make them faster than what they are right now cause there bloody useless. combat being my main drive in this game i dont even use torpeedo's anymore there that bad....

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-02-12 02:24   
Quote:

especially with the way torpeedo's are right now, omfg can you be serious for a minute wtf is the point in them right now ?? i can evade them in a station for cryin out loud, you guys seriously need to consider de-nerfing torps, there so slow my dread can almost fly faster than them

qft - alot of reg luthies have said this in game. All my ships have the torps set to 8 out of the way so they do not get accidently fired unless point blank and i can take the reverse damage back onto my own armour.

From my experimenting have found them to only do slightly more damage than a normal ruptor. Not worth the energy usage. Replacing 2 x torp slots with 1 ruptor would be far better in my opinion.

That said - would rather the desync and arc probs taken care of 1st. One for the back burner

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-12 02:49   
Seriously, i would like to have a siphon without elf beams and without torps. Call it nerf or whatever but they would be better without them.
[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-02-12 03:42 ]

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-12 04:23   
Quote:

On 2009-02-12 02:49, Pakhos wrote:
Seriously, i would like to have a siphon without elf beams and without torps. Call it nerf or whatever but they would be better without them.

Also the 2 forwards guns (plasma, psi) slots, not needed and seems to be a bit of waste of space.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-12 06:25   
They take up a certain amount of points, and they cannot be replace with anything.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-12 10:50   
Yeah AM torps are just awful Super slow and don't do much damage when they hit.

I would say even though Kluth's primary weapon is the disruptor that their AM torps are a close 2nd. Or at least they used to be. I remember the scarab had no disruptors at all, just torps and mines. The way it is now you're better off not firing them at all.

Torps, mines and missiles are woefully underpowered this version. Torps should be the second most damaging weapon in the game, only behind core weapons which are really just superpowered torps. Mines are simply awful, and missiles can not only not track, but when they do hit you wonder why you even bothered in the first place.

All 3 of those weapons should be stronger than cannons. They're harder to use effectively, slower to fire, travel at a much lower speed, use more energy, and you get a lot less of them. Missiles should not do the damage of a destructive torpedo but geez they should do something!

I went a little off topic there A siphon gets 6 AM torps of a high level (higher than mandible, since mandible torps come 25 per bay and siphon 22 per bay) so torps make up a big part of it's offensive power, much like missiles make up a big part of a ganglia's power and virtually all of a missile dread's power. At least missiles have the benefit of being very long range even if they barely scratch the paint of their target.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-12 13:44   
Tips:

- Always change and randomise your attacking pattern when in a group, K'luth being so weak don't compromise the fleet for one member.

- Stay spread out around your target, even though your in a fleet, close fleet formations that benefit UGTO and ICC fleets do not bode well for K'luth fleets, remember you can concentrate your fire on one of their targets, but don't let them concentrate fire on one of yours - else the entire fleet goes.

- Don't go it alone - Attacking a target while others are not ready will more then certainly mean beacons bleeping happily on your face.

- Try to attack at maximum weapons range whenever possible - do not uncloak behind enemies thinking it's funny and they're defenseless - chances are they're not alone and you'll only have several more jumping on you.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Whispers
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-01 14:00   

[/quote]

If you don't grasp the wolfpack, no point in trying kluth. Not much to add after that.
except maybe this;
For the record, there are plenty of Kluth that understand that principal. That is not to say that the wolfpack is easy to pull off tho. The advantage is really only realized to its full potential if you have a good group of squadmates, and a comm system. Its too hard to run an efficient wolfpack without a good comm system.

Az
[/quote]

It is hard if not impossible to do any kind of group PvP without good comms (as in voice comms like vent or ts)
That said, I have just joined DF and I am looking for a good Fleet that is recruiting (and that uses voice comms as mandatory) Pls pm with details
TY

KNOWLEDGE is POWER!
ABUSE IT! USE IT! Never LOSE IT!

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-01 14:41   
you might find it useful to rotate your rupters like UGTO and ICC do with their cannons as it creates a lower energy drain for the same amount of danage.

Email Sens [R33]
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-01 15:09   
Quote:

On 2009-02-07 15:42, Lark of Serenity wrote:
fattie has it right until the mash spacebar bit

gotta time a run coming in on your target so you get an alpha strike off as you pass them, preferably from the side if its a foreward firing ship, otherwise gotta adjust your flightpath coming up their rear, in either case cloaking again right after your attack and making a wide loop around to come at em again. doing this with 3 ships on 1 simultaenously is murder.

theres a really easy way to render that tactic alot weaker tho. just randomly fly around in figure 8's and 0's and u cant get any of that to work properly

sure they might still try it but the chances are that i'l be having most of my guns facing you by the time your done decloaking.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024216 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR