Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » new idea involving certain dreadnoughts.
 Author new idea involving certain dreadnoughts.
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-19 09:36   
we all know about Dreadspace, right? well, i thought up a solution.

why not have the Assault class dreads the fleet 'flagships'?

IE, only one flagship per Darkspace fleet. as in, the VCA's flagship dreadnought is the Elite Assault Dread. there would be one flagship per fleet, and a few Battle dreads as wingmen in the fleet. the carrier dreads and below are unchanged.

seeing as how dreads are very powerful now, why not have Dreadnoughts as reward for being in a fleet, and of appropriate rank to fly them, of course. unfleeted would not have the battle class or the Elite class. command dreads are not limited in this fashion.

i also suggest that the size of the fleet limit how many Battle Dreads they can field. example:

5 members get one EAD and one Battle Dread.
10 members get one EAD and two Battle Dreads.
15 members get two EAD's and three Battle dreads.
20 members get two EAD's and four battle dreads.
25 members get three EAD's and five Battle Dreads.

they get one 'flagship' per fleet, as is all fleets regardless of number. this flagship can issue orders to the fleet. you can also include the order system here, the battle dreads can issue their wings orders, but they cannot issue fleet orders. only the flagship can issue fleet orders. the members that are not issued 'battle Dread' positions, or not the flagship or any EAD of the fleet will get assigned under whichever Battle Dread wing they want to be under. with 25 members, there would be basically 3 cruisers per Battle Dread wing, with two left over to do whatever they want, be they supply ships, or transports for a bombing fleet.

so, in all, i say do not nerf the dreads in any way, just put them in a structured environment where you can include the orders system. unfleeted can have access to any dreadnought except for the battle class or the Assault class, or like this:

K'luth:
Assault class: Siphon
Battle class: Mandible

ICC:
Assault class: Assault Dreadnought
battle class: Combat Dreadnought

UGTO:
Assault Class: Elite Assault Dreadnought
battle class: Battle Dreadnought

any other dread in the factions are accessible by other players.

discuss.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-19 09:41   
People have earned a right to fly a ship, it doesn't make sense to stop them from flying one just because someone else got there before them.

Makes sense to restrict them based on resources available because there's something you can do to actually get resources so you can get another one.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-19 09:44   
agreed, i like the resources system better than hard limiting them, i had to write that post before i forgot it.

how about not limiting the dreads by hard number, just by resources, and keeping the structure system i suggested? it's a good way to use the orders system that you guys want to set up.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-19 12:07   
Even if its a good idea..it will only lead to that ppl will build resource planets all over the place. Then planets will be even easier to cap. ( Not that this is a challange anyways ).

So the outcome will be that you have lots of more "dumb built" planets all over the place, and almost no one will bother to fix these planets because its a waste of time. It takes to long and the reward is nothing.

And another question is, since we never lose a ship thats been killed, we wont need to have resources to spawn the killed one.
And if you decide to make it so that these killed/new ships will cost resources we can always just go back one server and make tons of new ones. Only thing you will do is that ppl will change their ways to get ships, but they will still use dreads.

So therefore i dont see any good outcome of this. As it will only lead ppl to make new ships another way. And then it will be just as many dreads like it is now. It will just take one minut longer to get them into battle.

I myself want to make the requirements higher for dreads/stations, as we now have marshall and cheif marshall. But ive been told that this will never happend. To bad.

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-19 18:52   
And limiting it so that only fleeted members can use EAD's or BD's?

/unsigned

This should never be implemented because of that.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-19 21:01   
well it does promote a more solid playerbase for each faction, although it should be "flagships in play" rather than who has the ability to spawn them.

Email Sens [R33]
Page created in 0.012016 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR