- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Totally unbalanced!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Totally unbalanced!
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2009-02-28 00:04   
Dark Zero, first off, I am sorry that you seem to spawn in the middle of a battle. The cloak has been nerfed to the point of non-existence as it is. The cloak becomes useless within a certain range of enemy ships. The beacons make it take longer to cloak after the cloak button is hit. Now keep in mind that if we are beaconed, and we hit the cloak button, we cannot fire ANYTHING while we wait for the ship to cloak to a 0 sig. And if you are on our tail, you will still see us anyway.

Now, Palestar has nerfed the kluth ship's armor because we have the tactical advantage of the cloak. We cannot kill you 1 on 1. We are forced to use teamwork to accomplish our tasks. We cannot just run around killing things as you can. We have to carefully plan out our strategy for EVERY fight with precise communication. The ICC and UGTO can and do defeat us if they use tactics that are available to them.

Now you get mad because 3 dreads jumped you at a planet. Well you can get in your dread and jump 2 of our dreads that are sitting by a planet, killing at least one and running the other one off with their tail between their legs by yourself. So you tell me why you have any reason to to be upset.

[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2009-02-28 00:10 ]

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-02-28 00:43   
imbalanced*

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-28 09:44   
There's nothing wrong with K'luth ships this version. Infact compared to last version this is paradise.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2009-02-28 09:46   
I am sorry but but the ships are in fact balanced for the most part. Doesn't matter how much you complain and think that things should be changed to your favor and old play style. We fly kluth in numbers to utilize teamwork and combat tactics. That is how we kill you. If you did the same thing, you would not be complaining.

You know, it's really damned funny that we kluth have the WEAKEST ships in this game but yet it is the people with the strongest ships that want more. Go figure.
[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2009-02-28 09:55 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-28 09:48   
I agree with you on that part,you guys does indeed use teamwork,and its great(not to ttell UGTO and there mass of dread too XD). THe beacon,i know what you mean thou what yoou said only work if the beacon is hit befor the ships cloak

[quote]
Now you get mad because 3 dreads jumped you at a planet. Well you can get in your dread and jump 2 of our dreads that are sitting by a planet, killing at least one and running the other one off with their tail between their legs by yourself. So you tell me why you have any reason to to be upset.

[/quote

Thats where your wrong,by the time i jumped those 2 dreads,tadam they both cloak as quickly,next thing there in your behind,with some buds,even if you manage to seriously damage one,they get repaired cloaked(not sure of that,never played kluth)

those were just ideas, i just putted them up cuz i remember playing other space games,where i talked to admin or the MODDers(those who modified some games) why didn't they put cloak,there reason where because its hard to balance properly,and unavoidavle the chatting it cuz AKA /y Whinning
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2009-02-28 10:08   
[quote]
On 2009-02-28 09:48, Dark-Zero wrote:
I agree with you on that part,you guys does indeed use teamwork,and its great(not to ttell UGTO and there mass of dread too XD). THe beacon,i know what you mean thou what yoou said only work if the beacon is hit befor the ships cloak

Quote:

[/quote

Thats where your wrong,by the time i jumped those 2 dreads,tadam they both cloak as quickly,next thing there in your behind,with some buds,even if you manage to seriously damage one,they get repaired cloaked(not sure of that,never played kluth)

those were just ideas, i just putted them up cuz i remember playing other space games,where i talked to admin or the MODDers(those who modified some games) why didn't they put cloak,there reason where because its hard to balance properly,and unavoidavle the chatting it cuz AKA /y Whinning

I can agree with you there on the repair while cloaked to a point. The self repair will work while cloaked but it is a very slow repair rate. And I'm talking at 10% hull, the self repair will take about 15 min to fully repair the ship. The reload drones on a worker will only work when uncloaked. If you bring a sensor scout with you, you can keep a lock on your target.

Now lets not forget about the kluth ship's power hungry weapons. In the middle of a battle, me MUST keep an eye on our energy tank. My scale can get of 6 or 7 alphas before the tank is dry. And that depends on how fast I am moving. And then guess what? I can't cloak until I come to a complete stop and let my batteries charge for a few seconds. And let me tell you, in 6 or 7 alphas, I will have only gotten into 10% of your hull if i'm lucky. By that time you have hulled me to about 20 or 30%. And that is cruiser against cruiser.

The cloak, I believe has been kept in this game to make playing it a challenge for both sides (kluth and ICC/UGTO). It can get boreing very fast if you just cluster crap a bunch of ships out in space with everyone doing the space bar mash.

Please, please stop complaining about the kluth. We are not that difficult to defeat if you know how. And there are alot of people that know how. We play kluth because we love the challenges that it imposes on US. But if the kluth get nerfed anymore than there will be no point flying those ships. Heck, even the Kluth AI are easy targets.

Think of the kluth this way. We are like wolves. If you know how wolves hunt and kill then you will know how to outsmart and defeat us.

[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2009-02-28 10:41 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-28 12:06   
guess your right...

meh it also piss me off to say i only was able to gain 5.5 pres in 4 days...been stuck at 13000 pres....

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2009-02-28 12:32   
Quote:

On 2009-02-28 12:06, Dark-Zero wrote:
guess your right...

meh it also piss me off to say i only was able to gain 5.5 pres in 4 days...been stuck at 13000 pres....

Ditto. But atm I am having alot of fun flying the cruiser and ASSISTING my fleet in key areas such as flanking, tracking and taking out smaller key ships that will aid in the kill of larger ships. No, we don't get pres if another teammate gets the killing blow but that's ok. But yes, I would like to rank up just like you do. But even if I did, I would continue to fly my scale when, not if, needed.

[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2009-02-28 12:49 ]

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-28 14:49   
Just another player giving his 2cents on something he never test for him self.

Remember Dark wht you said you never play kluth.

Now seen your not in a fleet click kluth faction when you join the game. Then jump into a ship and go into battle like the rest of us. Now decloak and watch your sig which before you went into battle be around 6.0 to 20.0 . Now how long does it take for you to decloak to fire when the enemy already see you/ also try to cloak again after you fire your weapons.

Players who dont even play the game or test all factions out should not be posting on the forums to know how the game works for all 3 factions.

Bash
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-28 16:22   
ok i did once play kluth for an hour once,and i didn't like it,i don't like the feeling of being weaker,even if i have cloak,guess thats jus twho i like to fly my ships

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-02-28 16:27   
Quote:

On 2009-02-28 16:22, Dark-Zero wrote:
ok i did once play kluth for an hour once,and i didn't like it,i don't like having to avoid flying in a straight line at my opponent.

fix'd

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2009-02-28 17:30   
Quote:

On 2009-02-28 16:22, Dark-Zero wrote:
i don't like the feeling of being weaker,even if i have cloak

Someone FRAME this!! The truth finally comes out!! You can all stop the crying about the kluth now.
[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2009-02-28 17:34 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-28 18:02   

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-28 18:38   
Quote:

On 2009-02-28 18:02, Azreal wrote:

AZ wins
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-28 18:49   

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029424 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR