No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Totally unbalanced!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Totally unbalanced!
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-28 20:05   
dude im tryin g to make friendly post and this is how it ends up...
Don't ask why few people play this game,you got your answer right there

i am one who loves battles,face off or close range,i love to see the shooting and stuff,avoiding at long range and crap,Being a cloak whore,even thou the armor is weaker,is simpyl not my game style
[ This Message was edited by: Dark-Zero on 2009-02-28 20:07 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-28 20:20   
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 22:50, Dark-Zero wrote:
Well i ain't a Kluth player,fact i hate cluth for set up reasons,But the Cloak is balanced between the ships stats trough out the faction,The real problem is somewhere else

i remember the first tiem i played,funny little frigate,what was not funny thou is when i tried to find my way around,got pwned by 2 dreads,wow

now today, i try to find some buddy's to play with,so i just spawned,in my carrier dread, not even 2 minuts later, boom got alphad by 3 dread and 2 cruisers,

i admit it,i hate that,thsi is the main reason i quited in the first place,and this is the reason i will quite again,at first i even got some friends on,but guess what,they all quited for the same !?%$!#!$ty reason

Cloak should have never being implemented in the first place,True,its a tactic,True it take skills to properly cloak and decloak to alpha someone,true theres alot of (i call em ineffective) ways to spot for a slight second a cloaked ship,but its horrible to lose pres for this kind of !?%$!#!$,c'mon,wasn't Darkspace made for large scale space battles? not *oh a dessi ,lets get 4 Dreads cloak and alpha him*. Dude i mean, i can't even spawn properlly without getting killed the second i move,

Im not pissed off for the cloak users,its the current strategy,i understand it can be hard with all this stuff around,i don't like uncloaking behind a ship to insta pop him, people don't like bwing jumped on all the time,and Kluth don't like how the other factions are buffed and there cloak nerfed,its all cool,im just trying to find a solution to end all this,so il end this friendly post with 2 possible suggestion that came in my mind

We get rid of the cloak indeffenetly and make Kluth stats be balanced within the rest of factions,Uncool as it is,it would solve lots of problems for both sides(yes even for kluth who wouldn't have to deal with either such /y whinning or beleiving other factions are beign buffed agasint there cloak

2.Start getting rid of most of the multiple ways to detect cloak, and focus one a single one
Either make the Cloak gen part on the ship targetable,so it can be disabled(so if you fight head on, chances are your cloak gonna go bye bye first)
or make a SINGLE gadget that alow the factions to help find cloaked ships,i had 2 ideas,First get rid of the ECm and ECCM ping ability,and make the scanner? able to automaticly ping every Xamount of second(Real scanner should do that right? send a wave every x second that get the sig of anythign nearby up for a small ammount of time and it should not be mountable on every ship,only Scanner/Sensor,recon ones) Or get the beacon to be more useful,(i remember when i spammed the Dread with 5 beacons and all of them landed,still could barly see the red rings next to me in this space...)so that it actually show the cloaked ship (i mean sure its a dirty way to find the cloaked ship,but they do have to find you first and it will invol in the better usefulness of the scouts corvettes

Cause of that your post started off as a flame and you get flame. End of Story

Your post say we have weak armor but you want us to lose out cloak. Why not follow up with give kluth armor like ugto or some special way. The fact is your just like many players who get killed by the hardest faction to be use cause of team work. Try to work with your friends just like your post says.

Bash

[ This Message was edited by: Bash on 2009-02-28 20:24 ]
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-28 21:02   
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 22:50, Dark-Zero wrote:

1.We get rid of the cloak indeffenetly and make Kluth stats be balanced within the rest of factions

Please double check before make a statment,This quote means that if cloaks gets ever removed,THe ships should be reworked on so they can equally balanced with the other factions

second,there was no flame post,just mere ideas to be thrown on the table,i understand you don't like them,but it doesn't mean you have to go AGAINST the one who post it aswell
[ This Message was edited by: Dark-Zero on 2009-02-28 21:03 ]

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-01 08:14   
Dark, nobody in on you bud. We don't want our ships to be JUST LIKE yours. We like the fact that the kluth ships require skill and diff tactics from yours. We like the fact that you are required to have skill in order to find us when we don't want to be found. We are sick and tired of people calling unfair , overpowered and be gone with the cloak when they die to us when we use our teamwork and they do not. You said exactly what we/I were/was trying to get out of you. You do not like the weaker ship, you admitted to that. You said that the kluth def have the weaker ships of the game. You want the fast and easy kill and that goes for everyone else that is complaining about the cloak.

As I said, it would be very boreing if it went back to the old version of the space bar mash. Now, in this version, it is actually FUN and requires at least half a brain to play this game.

On another note, there are alot of old vets returning to the kluth side. We know when and how to pick our fights. But, there are alot of vets returning to the ICC and UGTO who are very good at finding us when we don't want to be found. I would suggest that you get with those people and learn from them.

Also, we have told you countless times on this msg board how to find and defeat us but some of you haven't picked up on it yet or just plain don't want to put forth the required teamwork to actually do it. It take our teamwork to kill you. It will take the teamwork of your fleet to keep a lock on our ships and kill us.

If you can't get good teamwork from your fleet then you should be looking for a fleet that has a good command structure and utilizes diff strategies for dif situations.

Tip..... We try to lure you guys into traps. I would suggest that your fleet do the same when you are in battle with us. Some of the other fleet have lured us into traps and foiled our plans and we found ourselves in a real stink hole. So, you see, it can be done.

We don't hate anyone. We enjoy playing with all of you. But we want you to use your head when you encounter us instead of crying unfair. Richard and his team has done an excellent job at rebalancing the ships. So please just relearn the game as we have had to do.

[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2009-03-01 09:17 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-01 10:17   
ok ok i agrea with you,but to one thing

Quote:

On 2009-03-01 08:14, Bandit wrote:
You want the fast and easy kill and that goes for everyone else that is complaining about the cloak.

i never said i want easy kills far from there,I only threw ideas on how to solve and balanced this stuff since one side said its overpowered while the other said its too much nerferd already,

trully my ship taste is my opinion,Do i really want to get rid the cloak,(ok maybe in times id wish to) Not really,the reason iv done this is probably like Kluth,Im am sick of the /y yelling every single time a fleet had a fight and the fact that people said its overpowered,and others said its nerfed....who to beleive? i opted to no one

with that said,i have really nothing more to add

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-01 17:12   
I have a new idea how about remove /y option in game. To many cry babies and trash talkers.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-01 20:47   
Quote:

But we want you to use your head

Wait a min! this is too familiar!

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-03-01 21:18   
Omg! Why dosent this topic just die already!?!? Is it even still remotly on its origional topic or is it just spiraling out of control?

Target
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-06 05:09   
I didn't read all the posts yet, but I want to add a brief statement, founded on my experiences during the free trial:

An ICC fleet sitting at a planet with sensor bases and loads of ECCM is definitely vulnerable to K'Luth. My scout got fried 2 times while orbiting and several times in a normal battle. The attacker could run away.

We also tried to track a single dread, that got caught in the interdictor field of a planet. The 4xECCM pinging actually worked... for about 2 seconds. I always sped into that direction and threw multiple beacons in that direction. All missiles just went past the cloaked guy and only the torpedoes of a single nearby dread were able to hit him wirth some luck.

A few times, I was able to beacon K'Luth during battles. This works fine, as long as I'm able to get very close (less than 200 gu for a moving dread) and the ship does not attack me (a spacebar attack with beams from a dread is relatively lethal on a scout).

When there were no scouts (even with much ECCM), fighting K'Luth with ICC feels a bit like:
- No idea where their fleet is
- Wait for them to attack and get 1-2 ships fried
- Try to launch a counter attack quickly with any ship close to them
- Watch how they either re-cloak or jump away immediately
- Hope that your emergency-jumped comrades won't get tracked
- Consider, if it pays off to hunt e-jumped enemies (there could be more around and tracking a cloaked ship is extremely difficult)
- Go back for a repair

If people get demotivated, I surely understand. It can be compared with a WWII convoy without sonar. I guess, the people were not very happy about feeling like helpless prey with only the chance of blindly throwing depth charges. It "feels" like you have no control and just have to wait for any mistake of your opponent.

At least, I seem to be sufficiently annoying. Some of them actually turned on point defense and sometimes even ran away when I was at their backs. My conclusion:
Flying a scout is suicidal, difficult and sometimes even rewarding. You did your job right as soon as the enemy starts complaining. It's a bit like flying an interdictor, but your "killed" counter is ticking much faster and it is only a real option (necessity) for fighting on K'Luth.

I'd appreciate, if it were slightly easier to attach a beacon to a cloaked ship, though (or at least get very clear feedback after a beacon hit). Otherwise it's getting grilled (offensive K'Luth) or random beacon spamming into the pinged direction (defensive K'Luth). Sacrifying the firepower of a cruiser with reasonable firepower for a tiny suicide booth must pay off somehow.

[ This Message was edited by: Target on 2009-03-06 05:24 ]

Email Target
Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 07:54   
K'Luth Cloak is paid for with paper armor.

Do we have a method of turning off your shields? Do your shields turn off if you run out of power?

You guys are so right though, we should totally make this balanced.

Therefore, from now on, any opponent hit with an ELF beam has its capacitor drained instantly to zero, the engines cannot generate power for 2 seconds, and your shields are drained to zero and turned off.

Further ELF beam hits in the next two minutes extend the engine disruption for an additional second, each hit.

This is completely balanced by pinging, eccm, and beaconing.

If you don't like this plan, maybe you should shut the hell up.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-06 08:21   
@Target: Its easy to hit cloaked ships with becons.
Either you cant or then your enemy outsmarted you.
Cause ive been beconed as have many other kluth been.

You said that you tried to becon a ship that got cought by planet dictor, okey so you jump in 500gu from ship and try to hit him and catch him.
FAIL.

Try to predict where he moves and point jump him exactly, that way you will probly hit him with a becon.

And if beconing is made any easier then we can forget the cloak at the same time RIGHT? Then it would be as we never had a cloak.

And i used Point defence to kill the becons well its a smart thing i would say.

And many players seems to have a problem with the cloak, but somehow ive seen many GOOD players kill kluth. So mabye you just need to learn to play a bit more

Target
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-06 12:23   
Well, the problems were:
- Setting the target spot into empty space to fire a beacon does not always work properly, sometimes it just vanishes.
- There is just no clear feedback, if a beacon hit or not (only the marginal color change, which can barely be noticed in a battle).
- My scout is only equipped with a beacon gun (17 beacons) and a cute laser pointer. The only way to hit, is to spam a fan in the suspected direction and pray for a defensive opponent.

I really don't complain, but I understand the frustration.

And of course: the above was my experience in the last few days in the free trial. In earlier days, I managed to kill cloaked K'Luth dreads very often. The mechanics changed and I need some time to get used to it. Seeing a dread using their precious beams to PD my beacons showed, that I am on the right track.

What would be interesting to me: Statistics about damage dealt and kills for each faction. My recent peek into the Metaverse suggested, that humans seem to have much more trouble in finishing off a K'Luth then vice versa. I have absolutely no clue, how representative this observation actually is, so some relatively independent information may actually be helpful in the balancing discussion.

P.S.
I remember the times, when K'Luth didn't have paper armor. They had none at all. But there were also no beacons.

Email Target
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-03-06 12:47   
Quote:

On 2009-03-06 12:23, Target wrote:
Well, the problems were:
- Setting the target spot into empty space to fire a beacon does not always work properly, sometimes it just vanishes.
- There is just no clear feedback, if a beacon hit or not (only the marginal color change, which can barely be noticed in a battle).
- My scout is only equipped with a beacon gun (17 beacons) and a cute laser pointer. The only way to hit, is to spam a fan in the suspected direction and pray for a defensive opponent.

I really don't complain, but I understand the frustration.

And of course: the above was my experience in the last few days in the free trial. In earlier days, I managed to kill cloaked K'Luth dreads very often. The mechanics changed and I need some time to get used to it. Seeing a dread using their precious beams to PD my beacons showed, that I am on the right track.

What would be interesting to me: Statistics about damage dealt and kills for each faction. My recent peek into the Metaverse suggested, that humans seem to have much more trouble in finishing off a K'Luth then vice versa. I have absolutely no clue, how representative this observation actually is, so some relatively independent information may actually be helpful in the balancing discussion.

P.S.
I remember the times, when K'Luth didn't have paper armor. They had none at all. But there were also no beacons.

Your scout also has ECCM, wich can be used to frequently ping the Kluth ship, allowing you to much better predict its movement, and accurately try to beacon it. As for the beacon hitting, it will give of the red pulse, wich it will also do when its at the end of its range.
However, i think when hitting, the Kluth would be shown for a while, long enough for it to get rid of the 20 signature added.

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 15:50   
Try all factions then post.

When a beacon hits a ship (even cloaked ones) there sig goes up by 20. so you can see him for some time before the cloak kicks back in. ECCM + beacon at the same time will help your team mates kill the kluth or force him to run. Smart kluth will see there cover is blown and get out/if not you got a kill.

Sliverine
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-07 01:28   
Quote:

On 2009-03-06 05:09, Target wrote:
An ICC fleet sitting at a planet with sensor bases and loads of ECCM is definitely vulnerable to K'Luth. My scout got fried 2 times while orbiting and several times in a normal battle. The attacker could run away.

^-------you must have been orbiting too far out. you should be aware something will be coming for u if you choose to orbit at the perimeter of a big fleet. dying and then complaining is not an option. As for the normal battle thing.....i seriously dont know how someone in a scout can get himself killed. just by burning straightahead makes u uncatchable by anything other then another scout. zigzagging slightly gets rid of the volleys fired at you. and if you got point jumped you can always jump out. so choosing to stay in battle and then die trying to beacon or ping people is all your own doing not because kluth are too powerful or eccm pinging is too weak.

We also tried to track a single dread, that got caught in the interdictor field of a planet. The 4xECCM pinging actually worked... for about 2 seconds. I always sped into that direction and threw multiple beacons in that direction. All missiles just went past the cloaked guy and only the torpedoes of a single nearby dread were able to hit him wirth some luck.

^------- you guys had 4 eccms and you pinged a guy for 2 seconds? learn to stack pings.

A few times, I was able to beacon K'Luth during battles. This works fine, as long as I'm able to get very close (less than 200 gu for a moving dread) and the ship does not attack me (a spacebar attack with beams from a dread is relatively lethal on a scout).

^------ given kluth's lousy weapon angles, im amazed someone actually tried to beacon a kluth dread head on. 10 points for bravery.

When there were no scouts (even with much ECCM), fighting K'Luth with ICC feels a bit like:
- No idea where their fleet is <---- duh. if you knew where we were whats the point of kluth?
- Wait for them to attack and get 1-2 ships fried <----- thats not waiting for an attack. thats waiting to get killed. people who wait for attacks formulate plans. apparently you just sit there and hope no one alphas you.
- Try to launch a counter attack quickly with any ship close to them <---- once again....something to be said about planning.
- Watch how they either re-cloak or jump away immediately <----
as usual, people with great plans.
- Hope that your emergency-jumped comrades won't get tracked <---- for some reason u can plan to use them as bait. seems people do show an amazing tendency to like to split themselves away from the group. thats why wolves manage to pick off so many.
- Consider, if it pays off to hunt e-jumped enemies (there could be more around and tracking a cloaked ship is extremely difficult) <---- tracking a cloaked ship is not possible. you cant jump while cloaked. but too bad most kluth dont press shift j anyway. its too easy to track. we manually select a point in space and jump further then the ejump range so that people who try to ejump follow us get jacked ^^
- Go back for a repair <------ interesting. this is what we kluth do too everytime we fight you guys. seems we share some similarities after all

At least, I seem to be sufficiently annoying. Some of them actually turned on point defense and sometimes even ran away when I was at their backs.

^----thats good to hear. congrats!

Flying a scout is suicidal, difficult and sometimes even rewarding. You did your job right as soon as the enemy starts complaining. It's a bit like flying an interdictor, but your "killed" counter is ticking much faster and it is only a real option (necessity) for fighting on K'Luth.

^---- so your complaining now. killing scouts is always a part of kluth strategy. obviously. does it mean we are doing our job right? ^^

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.024847 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR