No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » interdictors
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
 Author interdictors
Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-23 11:33   
i was thinking the other night about how people hate it when some one brings out the interdictor i came up with two ideas

1. the interdictor would project a Cone in front of its self instead of the current 1000 gu circle therefore a interdicted ship could charge toward the interdictor and attack them in order to be able to escape

2. make the interdictors effective range smaller atleast to whenre ships that are being interdicted can fire upon the interdictor

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-23 11:44   
Quote:

On 2009-02-23 11:33, Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:
2. make the interdictors effective range smaller atleast to whenre ships that are being interdicted can fire upon the interdictor

they can.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-23 11:48   
I like the cone idea.

Maybe not for Interdictor's, could be a type of magnetic weapon designed to slow down smaller ships - this would be on the front of a destroyer or something.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-23 11:59   
Quote:

On 2009-02-23 11:33, Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:
i was thinking the other night about how people hate it when some one brings out the interdictor i came up with two ideas

1. the interdictor would project a Cone in front of its self instead of the current 1000 gu circle therefore a interdicted ship could charge toward the interdictor and attack them in order to be able to escape

only the longer range weapons such as Missles and some of the Long Range Cannons but at that range most can be easily dodage and its OPBVIOUSLY not possible to point Jump a Dictor this is atleast how i remember it in the previous i have now played current patch trust id love to but i can install DS on the library computer as far as i know BTW just and idea anyway couldnt sleep was thinking about DS

p.s. wussup Doran Long time no see
[ This Message was edited by: Mitth'raw'nuruodo on 2009-02-23 12:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mitth'raw'nuruodo on 2009-02-23 12:01 ]

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-23 12:08   
Well, if you stumble upon a dictor, call in the cavalry.

Target
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-01 18:57   
I think, the 1000 gu bubble is a good thing. If I recall it from earlier versions, a single Interdictor without any fleet is simply weak and pathetic. Anyone running into such a bubble should only be afraid of the weapons on other ships around. That's whats dangerous and annoying about enemy Interdictors.

Unfortunately, they don't work correctly at the moment so I can't enjoy flying one in the current free trial.

Email Target
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-01 19:08   
Quote:

On 2009-03-01 18:57, Target wrote:
I think, the 1000 gu bubble is a good thing. If I recall it from earlier versions, a single Interdictor without any fleet is simply weak and pathetic. Anyone running into such a bubble should only be afraid of the weapons on other ships around. That's whats dangerous and annoying about enemy Interdictors.

Unfortunately, they don't work correctly at the moment so I can't enjoy flying one in the current free trial.

sums it up

Email Sens [R33]
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-01 22:12   
It could be interesting if the interdictor had to tag its target like a beacon to stop their jumpdrive.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-02 02:08   
Quote:

On 2009-03-01 22:12, Sops wrote:
It could be interesting if the interdictor had to tag its target like a beacon to stop their jumpdrive.

If thats the case then that modual would be needed to be added to all combat vessels. IE Warp disruptors from eve.

While wer eon the topic, Dictors are still broken.

Interdictors dont need to be changed, they need to be FIXED. like now. To some dicters are an anoyance, while yet others are indifferent.

Myself and those in the fleet feel its game breaking. No dictors = no subscribe.

Email Meko
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-02 11:48   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 02:08, Meko wrote:
If thats the case then that modual would be needed to be added to all combat vessels. IE Warp disruptors from eve.

I don't think so, you would only need one ship equipped with it. Only difference is instead of hiding behind the fleet and indiscriminately jamming everything like they do now they would be required to fly around the battle field and beacon key targets.

The old system provides a major advantage for the team with the interdictor with relatively low risk, I just think the level of risk should match the level of reward.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-02 11:59   
You know dictors ships too annoying when u see them with red shirt in space. But they are part of the game and they are way too useful. I have afew ideas about dictors and i realy would like to see those happens.

Make dictors effect both friendly and enemy ships when it is activated.
Make dictors on planet 1500 gu to avoid instant blockade.(blockade musts occur within 1000 gu to planet)

Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-02 12:01   
Why even have them?

People only want them if their side has them. If the other side has them, people start to play elsewhere, or log off.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-02 12:09   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 12:01, Carns wrote:
Why even have them?

People only want them if their side has them. If the other side has them, people start to play elsewhere, or log off.

truth spoken.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-02 12:10   
Well, if they're whiny babies, yes. Now, me, I just target the dictor and yell for everyone else to do so, or run like hell.

Why, back in 1.480 I led the UGTO on many a merry chase in my Combat Dessie, and they often had Dictor support. Didn't stop me getting away most of the time.

Email Jim Starluck
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-03-02 12:49   
Fix the dictors please.

From what i hear the only problem is all the AI flying around. That is an issue with the planet dictors, not the ship dictors. Simply write a code that allows AI to jump through dictors as long as they aren't being engaged by enemies. a ship based dictor should work as normal. Or actually, this may not be so much an issue now that people can't farm AI for "easy" pres gain, at least at higher ranks anyway.

Dictors are battle equalizers, more specifically the cruiser based interdictors. The individuals who dont like them are the primary reasons why i fly them. I love hunting those types of players for sport. They like to do battle where player or fleet X simply attacks player or fleet Y. but if you throw in that Z variable, now you have to think twice about your actions...

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021041 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR