Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » interdictors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
 Author interdictors
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-03 11:19   
Doran DOMINATED your thread, face it.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-03 11:23   
Quote:

Quote:

On 2009-03-03 09:05, Jim Starluck wrote:
aren't accustomed to figuring out

but mostly this

Thus it follows that if Dictors are commonplace and people are having to deal with them on a regular basis, there won't be as much whining.

That said, Faustus, having just planetary interdictors might work... but I think they should either

A: affect all ships, not just enemies, or
B: have a larger area of affect. Right now they have a 1000-gu radius, maybe up it to 1500 or even 2000.

The pre-jump timer idea would work for keeping ships in place, but not to prevent them from getting there in the first place. So it'd be no good at stopping transport rushes or jumping directly into proximity of long-range ships.
[ This Message was edited by: Jim Starluck on 2009-03-03 11:26 ]

Email Jim Starluck
Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-03 11:47   
After you get your dictors back, you are going to do absolutely nothing but lobby camp and whine how much more survivable K'Luth Dictors are because they can cloak, how planetary dictors don't affect K'Luth because they can cloak by them, how K'Luth can cloak up to and destroy the dictor vessels, and K'Luth can cloak out of a dictor trap.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-03 12:07   
in this case, 2 dictors is better then 1

They are needed, its probably the main reason why ICC and UGTO hate the cloak right now,they have no """""Real""""" way to stop them,

If the dictors would be around,yea its an easy target to cloak on,but probably the pinging,and the shooting that can go with it,they will be prepare for such a tactic,
now a Kluth get shot and the cloak goes off,he just jump out,and the talk start,thou if dictors would worked,that would be same..EVERYONE would have to think more deep into there actions
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-03 12:45   
Quote:

On 2009-03-03 11:18, Faustus wrote:
We are considering a couple of changes to interdictors...

Change 1: Add a spin up time for jumping once you are aligned, around 1 second perhaps... however, if you are in a interdictor field, then it make take 10-30 seconds to jump depending on the number and level of interdictors.

Change 2: Remove ship based interdictors and keep planet based ones only.

Your thoughts and comments are welcome...

To be honest I'd rather get rid of them totally and make a totally new role for them instead.
Since V1.5 has come out and the hibernation of the Dictors there has been alot more fights against different factions, unlike back in 1.4X where you see a dictor, K'luth would cloak and wait until it goes away, and the ICC and UGTO would log to lobby and jest at one another saying its keeping them from playing.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-03 13:22   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 18:07, Fattierob wrote:

Enemy ships killing me frustrate and depress my combat willingness

nerf plz

but you can jump out unless your careless enough to jump in on a hostile fleet.

with a dictor present you have 0 change of escaping

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-03 13:30   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 18:52, Jim Starluck wrote:
Longer-ranged ships have a hard time keeping that range open when there's nothing stopping an enemy jumping into direct proximity. Even more frustrating is the transport rush, where ships jump in right next to a planet and drop inf before they can be even targeted.

well, one way to remedy that alittle is to make dictor ships only work on ships jumping in, not out.

while planetary dictors work both ways.

for me personally this would solve pretty much everything. kills doesent matter anything for me so having my enemies be able to jump out doesent bother me. but i WOULD like to use my missile dread a tad more

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-03 13:33   
Quote:

On 2009-03-03 11:18, Faustus wrote:
We are considering a couple of changes to interdictors...

Change 1: Add a spin up time for jumping once you are aligned, around 1 second perhaps... however, if you are in a interdictor field, then it make take 10-30 seconds to jump depending on the number and level of interdictors.

Change 2: Remove ship based interdictors and keep planet based ones only.

Your thoughts and comments are welcome...

hehe, almost what i wrote, but i much rather would like ship dictors to work on incomming jumps only tho, to make missile/carrier ships more viable in more situations then planet hugging.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-03 13:45   
Quote:

On 2009-03-03 13:30, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
well, one way to remedy that alittle is to make dictor ships only work on ships jumping in, not out.

It'd be particularly nifty if Dictor cruisers could have EITHER a jump-in blocking device or a jump-out blocking device, but not both. They'd be a refit option for the slot, and you'd have to pick which one you wanted to employ.

Email Jim Starluck
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-03 13:46   
Quote:

On 2009-03-03 13:45, Jim Starluck wrote:

It'd be particularly nifty if Dictor cruisers could have EITHER a jump-in blocking device or a jump-out blocking device, but not both. They'd be a refit option for the slot, and you'd have to pick which one you wanted to employ.

Seconded. Would make dictors either defensive or offensive weapons. Perhaps it should affect allies, as well?

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-03 14:00   
This has been said a few times now, dictors discourage combat.
I remember in some earlier version everyone would sit around a planet for an hour and if you were lucky maybe someone would lead an attack that would lead to ten minutes of combat. That is why I stopped playing DS and I'm sure many others.
It is my opinion that the developers should be adding things to the game that they think will encourage and enhance combat, I don't see dictors doing that.

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-03 14:01   
I will not detrail this thread again by calling bull on the very notion of "eccm ping then kill" in regards to cloack and its (yet to begin existing) counter.

I will instead call bull on the concept of having an area of effect jump interdiction field that does not affect the side using it.

I call bull on the fact that the faction that has godmode gets it along with the godmode.

I call bull on the idea that said area of effect jump denial ship should not pop like a bubble when hit by the only things that will ever realisticly hit it: cannons and core weapons.

The points aside: dictors are needed, the greater the playerbase becomes (ah right.. who am i kidding?!) the more a need for proper crowd control and battlefield influence tools will arise.

Currently, DARKSPACE is a free for all fightclub with ships jumping in and out chaoticly, everyone enganging everyone and generaly no form of order in any fleet.

Long Range ships have no point in being long range (the target will jump to you most of the time, then kill you), close range ships have no point in being close range (your target will jump away, and someone else will kill you.). The Interdictor actualy enforces and rewards real teamwork. that is sticking closer together, calling targets, having a mixed set of ships.

I certainly cannot agree on how things turned out with this version but dictors, as gameplay elelemt, are needed.

Its just the overall package that makes them frustrating right now.

Okay i lied. i will rant on about kluths cloack and the stupidity of treating eccm pinging as a viable counter. The damn thing isn't even pinging on itself in set intervals. YOU HAVE TO ACTICATE AND DEACTIVATE THE BLODDY THING EACH AND EVERY TIME.

How anyone sane can think "yah thats fine" is beyond me.

[ This Message was edited by: Russian Roulette with Muskets on 2009-03-03 14:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Russian Roulette with Muskets on 2009-03-03 14:04 ]

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-03 14:10   
Quote:
The damn thing isn't even pinging on itself in set intervals. YOU HAVE TO ACTICATE AND DEACTIVATE THE BLODDY THING EACH AND EVERY TIME.

How anyone sane can think "yah thats fine" is beyond me.

For the same reason it's fine that I have to manually fire a weapon every time it is ready.

Darkspace is not EvE. You have to actually do stuff in combat.

[ This Message was edited by: Jim Starluck on 2009-03-03 14:10 ]

Email Jim Starluck
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-03 14:29   
I wonder if instead of removing ship dictors and keeping planet, we remove planet dictors and keep ship dictors, IF they cannot move with the dictor active. If you want a dictor at that planet under attack, bring one.

Aren't interdictors primarly a defensive device, meant to prevent enemy reinforcements from reaching the battle quickly? Because more often than not, they're used offensively to prevent people from escaping and to point jump those that have and guarantee a kill for their team.

That's what frustrates people about dictors btw. It's not so much that you can't jump in, it's that you can't jump out, or if you do you will get jumped by a dictor and destroyed.

The idea of dictors affecting ALL ships is interesting too. ICC and UGTO have the same exact drives anyway, so why not?

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-03 14:30   
Quote:

On 2009-03-03 13:45, Jim Starluck wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-03-03 13:30, Jar Jar Binks wrote:

then ppl will only block outgoing jumps because thats whats generating kills.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021883 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR