No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » MV came Alive
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author MV came Alive
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-26 08:31   
Quote:

On 2009-02-26 03:38, Meko wrote:

The most Denied post i've ever read.

Meko, buddy, you are awesome.

H&S

Gray Fox
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-26 09:10   
lol Meko good to see youre still playing
Dunno if you remeber me but we used to fly alot togheter in the old day's.

Ive arived whit the 2 weeks of free 2 play seeing alot off changes and still adapting to them...

I might see you in game soon

Fox out.

Email Gray Fox
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2009-02-26 09:39   
Quote:

On 2009-02-25 07:47, Carns wrote:
Two weeks is about the time I need to lose a couple thousand more pres.

The reality of the world is that I don't deserve to drive anything bigger than a frigate, and Darkspace is restoring equalibrium. Since 1.481, I have fallen from VA to nearly 2RA in my brief revisits.

However, the main thing that drove me away has always been the loss-of-control lag for 20 seconds anytime more than 3 people were in the same system. With that removed, chances are improved.

On the other hand, last night, I encountered a station capping planets with a few bombers. The station had lost all but single digit armor and shields to the planet defenses.

I fired on the station in my destroyer with 6 forward firing plasma cannons.

The station was able to outrepair the damage that I could do.

That level of crap is a whole new reason to tell Darkspace to shove it for another year.

Ok, let me get this right. You were in a frigate, trying to kill a STATION that had lets say 9% (i'm assuming you meant hull) left plus shields according to you. I've never flown a station but I can asume that they have at least 2 reloads on them. Now, take this into consideration... a station has alot of armor compared to your little frigate. When you are both at 9% hull, the station will still have more hull than you and take longer to kill just because it is bigger. The weapons on a frigate will not ever overpower a station even at 9% hull.

I am happy that you have come back to play again but you must understand that the game mechanics have changed so you must change with them. If you are wanting to take on the MV by yourself, good luck. But you will be disappointed. Try playing as a fleet should to win victory.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-26 10:30   
well said meko

Email Borgie
Mastakazam *P2*
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-26 12:54   
"Also, stations arent meant to be taken down with ONE destroyer," - not fully, no, but it shouldn't be able to repair so much faster than the destroyer's damage output.

I agree with the fears for new players... the biggest ships rule absolutely, and they are still used almost exclusively, except now compared to 1.48 the little ships are absolutely incapable of really playing with established players, except as supply ships and - for the enemy - free kills. I don't expect 2 weeks of free play to change a lot.

What I see now is just a completely different kind of imbalance, but one which is even less friendly to new players =

Email Mastakazam *P2*
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-26 13:58   
OK guys Kluth last night did a little test as a group of players. 2 Stations 3 Dreads 4 cruisers 4 destoryers. Went about killing any player ship we saw. We back each other up , know when to cloak, who we was hitting and the destoryers did alot of tracking of any that or station that try to get away.

The few changings that happen within the past month made the game more balance. If you have the time to ask one of the right people on ships and weapons. How they are made to be balance you learn alot more from it then telling others you suck.

This game is not about dreadspace. It's about players not picking a dread when they log on and jump into something else. As a players of Dark Space you make the game the way you play it. Dont complain about 10 ugto dreads just jump you. Then in return you do the same back.

Bash

01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-26 15:20   
The way i see things is this...

Players who spend less time in Darkspace wanted to be in Par with those who spend countless hours trying to get the ship they wanted and to fly....

Now tell me ... where is the justice in it ...

if you notice all those who voice there concern are mostly low level players who spend less time playing the game and when they do they wanted to owned. LOL

NO PAIN.... NO GAIN.....

Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-02-26 16:45   
So A dessy should be able to take on a station...............

A statiojn is 3 ship classes above the DD - Go figure which should win the fight.

And cruisers (especially luth) hurt.

I like the EAD ( a lot) i'd rather fight the siphon than the scale in that - a good scale pilot will decloak behind me - fire off an alpha or two outside the range of my 2 SCLs and the decloak and do it again.

I have 3 choices.

1) Hope he decloaks in front of me = I win
2) Jump out = Draw
3) Wait for him to kill me

New players will rank up quite quickly in this version.

Noobs will lose pres.

Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-26 21:46   
K'Luth Cruisers do not hurt... thus far, only the Scale can be said to hurt, and it is a rank above Dreads.

The Clavate is a bomber, the Piercer is a Interdictor... no weapons of note there. The Scarab wastes its entire budget on mines that fail to do any damage, even if released directly below the target craft. The Parasite... maybe I don't understand what the point of the Parasite is... a close range ship without the ability to survive being in close range. There are maybe 5 cannon in the lot of them.

I still cannot see any justifaction that any ships RECHARGE, be it supply asisted or not, should be greater than any combat ships output.

I do like the picket phrasing... what exactly is it is supposed to picket? Is it supposed to protect against Dreads? I thought we had covered that.

Is it supposed to protect against smaller vessels? Because it totally lacks the ability to destroy even a smaller target before the smaller target reaches it's target. And why exactly would this be a desired function? I thought we covered that it really didn't matter... the larger vessel is far more capable of protecting itsself, and it truely doesn't matter if the vessel has no real means to threaten the Dreads to begin with.

"Grrr... these damn frigates are making me regen slightly slower, I wish I had some frigates of my own so they can... fly arround in circles shooting each other for 12 minutes..."

Would it not be simpler and more resource effecient to simply remove everything smaller than a Cruiser that isn't a Supply.

Why would a faction waste factory time building such pathetic craft?

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-26 22:42   
Quote:

On 2009-02-26 21:46, Carns wrote:

Would it not be simpler and more resource effecient to simply remove everything smaller than a Cruiser that isn't a Supply.

Why would a faction waste factory time building such pathetic craft?

Some Rank needs ship and that is the purpose of these until you outrank those shinps and get a new one...... you ever heard of a Ladder?

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-27 04:07   
Quote:

K'Luth Cruisers do not hurt... thus far, only the Scale can be said to hurt, and it is a rank above Dreads.

Well actually it takes Vice Admiral to fly a Scale. And scales really actually do hurt, alot.

Quote:

The Clavate is a bomber, the Piercer is a Interdictor... no weapons of note there. The Scarab wastes its entire budget on mines that fail to do any damage, even if released directly below the target craft. The Parasite... maybe I don't understand what the point of the Parasite is... a close range ship without the ability to survive being in close range. There are maybe 5 cannon in the lot of them.

The Piercer has the highest weaponry of any of the interdictors. This is also a crucial role.

The Scared 'wastes' its budges on mines, because its a minelayer.

The Parasite is a medium ranged cruiser, or a first strike cruiser. IE: u decloak on the ass of an AD, and whichever way he starts to turn, u turn the other way and cloak, cause youve done your job.

Quote:

I still cannot see any justifaction that any ships RECHARGE, be it supply asisted or not, should be greater than any combat ships output.

Then your blind. A supply station has 3 station repairers on it. A ship designed to hurt the station does overcome the repair rate. A ship designed for other tasks, IE a Bomber... or a Transport... or a Picket Ship wont.

Quote:

I do like the picket phrasing... what exactly is it is supposed to picket? Is it supposed to protect against Dreads? I thought we had covered that.

Picket ships dont defend against dreads. They defend dreads. A line ship (dread, combat cruiser) fights a line ship. Picket ships sweep the battlefield for targets of opportunity and run point defence for the Line ships. Thats what a picket ship is.

Quote:

Yeah sure, it would also be more efficient on the use of cloth to only have one leg made on each pair of pants.

Email Meko
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-27 11:36   
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 04:07, Meko wrote:

Well actually it takes Vice Admiral to fly a Scale. And scales really actually do hurt, alot.

Meko, just letting you know something i noticed during this week. I flied cruiser during this week , everyday. The most interesting part of the game was when i chased down a ugto battle dread which had 42% hull and 10% armor in open space. I in a scale , all alone.. from realy good range (120gu) made total of 7 alpha on that ship to kill.

Just letting you know..

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-02-27 11:39 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-27 11:46   
Quote:

On 2009-02-26 12:54, Mastakazam *P2* wrote:
"Also, stations arent meant to be taken down with ONE destroyer," - not fully, no, but it shouldn't be able to repair so much faster than the destroyer's damage output.

I'm afraid you're just not getting why this cannot happen. A station costs several hundred prestige when you die. A frigate costs less than 10. If frigates were capable of taking stations, then you'd never see anyone in anything but frigates.

We had this problem last patch, wherein two destroyers were vastly superior in both defence and damage to any other ship. No-one bothered to fly dreadnaughts because they died too fast due to being out manouvered, and not being able to put down the damage; meaning everyone was jumping in these two destroyers.

We're not going back to that path. As Bash noted, players are only stating dreadspace is dreadspace due to the fact that everyone is getting a dread. If players actually stopped and got a cruiser, or maybe a destroyer, and teamed up with a few friends you'd find that it's actually a very difference story and can be a lot of fun.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-27 12:55   
Quote:

I do have to say that long with a countdown timer on SY use (between activating it and disappearing) and a countdown timer before you can respawn after being killed, I would like to see repair drone rates reduced when under fire, scaled with the amount of damage being done.

Wouldn't you figure that those little repair drones would be damaged or destroyed if the ship they're repairing comes under heavy fire? It's simply illogical to think that multiple supply ships could repair a ship under heavy fire faster than it takes damage.

What about a reduction in repair speed, and an appropriate reduction in prestige-per-minute or however it's calculated? That way repairing is slower but you don't gain more prestige, and we don't see these situations where ships are effectively immune which is illogical. It's a bit ridiculous when a pack of stations can supply themselves so much that an entire fleet can't hull one.

EDIT: I personally think supply prestige is ridiculously good. I gain way more prestige repairing ships than doing anything else. It's practically abusive. And fast.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-02-27 13:01 ]

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-27 13:48   
I dont agree with sparkle there. Repair rate base on the fact if there team is using a few supply ships or a few stations group up. Only means they are acting as a team. Kluth first order is to kill the supply ships. You learn this from being a destoryer pilot. killing off all the supply ships then take on the combat ships is a far better way of out thinking others.

Tactic's is needed in the game Not Bashing The Space Bar and /y cry over yell after you lose a ship.

Once again Kluth did the have fun thing last night. 2 dreads 2 stations 5 destoryers went on a pick off anything small. As Drafell said he and the other dev made this verison base on 2 destoryers can take on a cruiser and 2 cruiser can take on a dread and so on. Well i'm happy to say YES 2 destoryers took on a cruiser and force him to run.

The only part i've notice about this little having fun test we did is there is not enough damage to be given out from some of the destoryers. The job can be done just takes alot of skill and team work.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.037931 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR