No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Darkspace under Vista 64 - No Go
 Author Darkspace under Vista 64 - No Go
Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-26 07:16   
[64 bit Vista (Vista 64) is a totally different beast than plain 32 bit Vista.]

I have tried all the suggested tips: Run as Admin, Install in non 'Program Files' directory, Signing on as ADMIN and running it, changing the properties of the application files to run in XP compatability mode as Admin, nothing works.

I can get the lobby and server list, but as soon as I click on a server and it does its update, I get a tab at the bottom of the screen for [Darkspace v1509], but no game. If I try to click on the 1509 tab, the screen goes black then comes right back to the lobby screen. If I end Darkspace, the 1509 tab stays. (I have to end the process tree for 'client.exe' to make it go away.) Once I got the sound for the game, but I usually don't even get that.

[ This Message was edited by: UberHunde (Recruiting) on 2009-02-26 07:25 ]

Goto the website of Uberhund
Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-26 07:21   
I'm using Vista 64-bit and DS works perfectly except popup dialog when exiting.
So I think you have other problems on your machine or setup.

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-26 08:19   
You did do the setup for the game, right?

I have been running DS under vista 64 for now...lets say almost a year...no problems. Something your doing isn't right.

H&S

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-26 08:26   
Recently moved to Vista 64 due to a new built machine and no problems here, run as administrator and loads the lobby and game fine.

Possibly you able to provide any errors or event logs to help us diagnose the problem?

Glimmer
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-26 08:46   
All I get is the client not working when I exit Darkspace everything else is fine as long as you remember to select the correct video set up if your using hybrid sli

Email Glimmer   Goto the website of Glimmer
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-02-26 13:30   
Quote:

On 2009-02-26 07:16, UberHunde (Recruiting) wrote:

I have tried all the suggested tips: Run as Admin, Install in non 'Program Files' directory, Signing on as ADMIN and running it, changing the properties of the application files to run in XP compatability mode as Admin, nothing works.

I can get the lobby and server list, but as soon as I click on a server and it does its update, I get a tab at the bottom of the screen for [Darkspace v1509], but no game. If I try to click on the 1509 tab, the screen goes black then comes right back to the lobby screen. If I end Darkspace, the 1509 tab stays. (I have to end the process tree for 'client.exe' to make it go away.) Once I got the sound for the game, but I usually don't even get that.

Go to setup and try running it in windowed mode.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-26 15:20   
Quote:

On 2009-02-26 13:30, Sixkiller wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-26 07:16, UberHunde (Recruiting) wrote:

Go to setup and try running it in windowed mode.

this

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-27 07:20   
Sometimes I get a 'BugReport' window when I start it up that asks me to write what I was doing and to press send. It does not say WHAT the bug is, nor even what part of the system it is in (Video/Audio/etc). (I assume it is sending it to Palestar) After that, it continues on to the lobby and server selection window.

For those of you that say you having it working under 64, what you did to get it to work (if anything) or even suggestions on where to look would be more helpful than saying 'You did something wrong'. I used to play on my old XP machine (before it got stolen) and I have done everything to get it to work under V64 that I know how.

What info would be useful to help determine the cause of this issue?

Vista64 Ultimate Edition (SP1)
AMD Athelon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ (3GHz)
8 GB Ram
NVidia GeForce 8800 GT (HDMI Hookup)
DirectX 10
Keyboard/Mouse via Bluetooth

Goto the website of Uberhund
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-27 08:28   
www.microsoft.com/directx
Download and install DirectX 9, see if that works.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-02-27 10:44   
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 07:20, UberHunde (Recruiting) wrote:
Sometimes I get a 'BugReport' window when I start it up that asks me to write what I was doing and to press send. It does not say WHAT the bug is, nor even what part of the system it is in (Video/Audio/etc). (I assume it is sending it to Palestar) After that, it continues on to the lobby and server selection window.

For those of you that say you having it working under 64, what you did to get it to work (if anything) or even suggestions on where to look would be more helpful than saying 'You did something wrong'. I used to play on my old XP machine (before it got stolen) and I have done everything to get it to work under V64 that I know how.

What info would be useful to help determine the cause of this issue?

Vista64 Ultimate Edition (SP1)
AMD Athelon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ (3GHz)
8 GB Ram
NVidia GeForce 8800 GT (HDMI Hookup)
DirectX 10
Keyboard/Mouse via Bluetooth

There are several things to try. One i think you might not have tried is installing outside the default C:Program Files folder. Dont know the exact details, but some security issues. Try running everything as admin. It needs several exe's then to be admined, so look around in the main folder, but also the .cacheDarkspace folder. Then, if all else fails try to run in compatibility mode, eventough i dont use that. It works for me with admin and outside the default folder.

Page created in 0.019361 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR