- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a great game
 Author a great game
xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-02 19:25   
I think the devs have finally got it right, all factions believe they are the weakest, this tells me the balance between factions most be right. The strongest faction is the 1 with the most players and this should encourage people to recruit as many players as they can for their favorite faction.

I want to congratulate Faustus and his team for the improvements they have made, well done.

I only have 1 problem with the game, planets are too weak, I think that if the planets had the strenght they had in the last version the game would be perfect.

keep up the good work

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-03-02 23:16   
Even though it pains me, i must agree with xTx. a good compromise leaves all sides un-happy, and this version is the closest thing to a good balanced game that i have seen in a long time. I congratz all the staff for finally getting it right and i hope you get a whole lot less complaints.

The only thing is like xTx said, planets could use a little work. But in the grand scheme of things, i am just happy that everything is mostly balanced.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-02 23:32   
Amen to that
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Dauphin
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-02 23:43   
I've been very impressed with the game since I returned for the free trial. The devs have done a great job; it's like old times again

I'll definitely be subbing once the free trial's over.

Email Dauphin
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-03-03 01:43   
Amen to that indeed. Balance is at an all-time high, i think the only way to get it any better would be to give each faction the same ships, what we obviously dont want:)

Also, please do increase planet defenses. People cant feel safe at their planet anymore, they might just get jumped and shot there, and the attackers can turn around, wait for JD to recharge and get out. Not how it should be.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-03 02:37   
It really is dishearting to see station orbiting and start bombing without being seriuosly hurt, For some people who really like to build its a pain to see all your work wasted.

Overall the game is great......
[ This Message was edited by: mbllanes - Dark Vader on 2009-03-03 02:41 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-03 06:32   
I agree. We'll start working on defences soon.

Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-03-03 15:57   
Quote:

On 2009-03-03 06:32, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
I agree. We'll start working on defences soon.

Just please don't add loads of missiles or make the PD too effective. Planet def should be QSTs and BIG HCLs / Assualt ruptors.

Bombers and B27s need to get through - it just needs to take a while. I'd like to think that a station could knock out planets defs but that it should take a long time.

At the moment - its too easy to take def off line- Just bomb out the research labs and all the def bases turn off. Instead - why not make the tech needed to repair / maintain the def bases rather than oprate and add in some timed deterioration to structures if no tech.

e.g. bases deteriorate at 1% per minute. With tech can repair at say 2% per minute. so knock out the tech and after 100 mins the def bases self destruct.

That way - if you do knock the tech out, it will be a long time before the def fails - giving the defenders time to organise a proper def. You canstill try and bomb out power or def bases but it's harder to do.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-03 16:32   
Well actuly been thinking of the same thing there dion. I was thinking why do the tech drop that fast as it does? It could drop ALOT slower like 1tech per 10mins or something. That way they can keep the curent system with tech needed to make things work.

Also on the note of figtherbombers, their WAY to powerfull...u can take out buildings on one shot. Should be maximum like 10% damage.

To the point that a station alone should do it i dont realy like..they always said it should take a team effort to do this..and i agree with this.

anyhow! the topic is not this and i have to agree that this game realy gets bether and bether for evry patch! And im realy happy that the bugs have been prioritied the last weeks and the game has improved alot because of this.

So a BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-03 16:46   
as far as planet D goes i waz wondering if the tech lvls too keep them working could work like this, one lab for lvl1's (no change there)

lvl 2's would need one lvl 2 lab, however still needing too get the research up too build the lvl 2's

as u guess same for the type 3's only a cortex.

if that doesnt make much sense i mean for u too have too get up too 90 tech for the lvl 3's but only require one cortex too keep em operational.

this would allow more room for D bases while adding an adequate ew defense also

downside, only one structure needs to be taken down, but thats all u need to do too knock lvl 3's offline currently.

also on a sidenote, i sooo happy too see vets returning, this is the closest matchup ive seen so far.

my biggest gripe would be too possible take AI's and plats off ur navigation screen as a choice. Its annoying too have my contacts list filled up with em while not seeing the other players positions and watnot.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-03-03 18:40   
Not to rain on everyones parade, but this is an apreciation thread, if you have any good ideas, they could be put ot good use in the DarkSpace - Beta site. they are all good ideas, but this thread is for saying good job, not how to do a better one.

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-03 19:15   
Yup, agreed here also. Everyone kept downing on Kluth because they kept dieing to us when they were few, uncoordinated and lonely while we were many and working as a team. As I have said before and I will say it again. This game is finally balanced as far as ships go. Kudos to the Dev team!!

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-03 19:25   
we weren't "uncoordinated" per say; we just had a bunch of wanna-be heroes and a 1:4 disadvantage

Email Sens [R33]
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-03 19:36   
Quote:

On 2009-03-03 19:25, Sensitivity{Swashbuckler} wrote:
we weren't "uncoordinated" per say; we just had a bunch of wanna-be heroes and a 1:4 disadvantage

lol

Page created in 0.022818 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR