- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Hit and Run bug
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Hit and Run bug
Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-03-04 02:48   
There is a good chance this will be put down to desync ... but this issue has been around for a long time now and we have been working around it.

K'luth ship unlcoaks - Alpha's - Recloak - Target ship takes zero damage - on top of the time it takes us to unlcloak through eccm nets up to well set traps put in place by tha meat bags I think this bug has eventually got to come to the top of the list of things to fix. We have been very tolerant of this bug.

I can replicate this at least 80% of the time. This is alot of lost damage for all K'luth

The K'luth main advantage is meant to be a surprise attack - for a couple of months now I have been needing to count 2 secs after decloak to give maximum chance of doing damage negating the normal desync damage issues.

Could this be bumped up on the list please?

I have logged and relogged and relogged..... today and worst connection has been in the 150 ms range. I can still get it on immediate decloak.

Am I the only regular K'luth getting this?

Edit - Their are possibly many players who do not realise this occurring to them - whether they be new to K'luth - never watched the damage from their first shot or have just spawned from SY or gate and fired. If I did not particularly look for it I doubt I would realise it was occurring.
[ This Message was edited by: Sauur on 2009-03-04 02:58 ]

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-04 05:19   
I agree with you Sauur that it is still sometimes there, I have gotten use to the habit of mentally counting 1-2 seconds before launching an alpha strike after I uncloak or Point jump on my prey.
Would be nice if there can be a fix for it, it certainly limits the role of what the K'luth are designed to be.

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-03-04 05:42   
Heya brother,

All my SY ships are setup to allow for this bug rather than outputing an all out alpha strike upon decloak - to me this is quite unacceptable - all K'luth are missing out on the true hit and run love that we should be giving to the hooman tear makers.

Good luck with the faction change mate - I miss ur wing

S'r

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-04 05:50   
Quote:

Good luck with the faction change mate - I miss ur wing

S'r

Oh I just went for a Galaxy stroll, now back on K'luth.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-04 06:20   
This doesn't just happen to you. This happens to me most of the time on Kluth, but I've gotten into the habit of waiting a couple of seconds after I uncloak to make sure.

This also sometimes happens if you attack right after you come out of jump.

-Ent

Reek Havoc *XO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-03-04 06:51   
Hint: Count 1, 2, 3, as you see your cloak go offline and then mash your spacebar. It's not a bug, it's desync and it is at the top of the list of fixes according to Jack. Same thing happens to ICC ships and point jumping with an AD and we don't have cloak. It is not a cloak bug as I see it.

-RH

DarkSpace: ICCU (Fleet tag: =ICC=) is always recruiting ICC pilots! (/clan join =ICC=)

Goto the website of Reek Havoc *XO*
Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-03-04 06:56   
This doesnt just happen to kluth. I noticed this happening on UGTO as well. As soon as you come out of jump and shoot someone, the guns do 0 damage. So I doubt the problem is to do with cloak but is to do with something else that affects all factions!

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-03-04 07:00   
Quote:

On 2009-03-04 06:51, Fatal Reek Havoc *AXO* wrote:
Hint: Count 1, 2, 3, as you see your cloak go offline and then mash your spacebar. It's not a bug, it's desync and it is at the top of the list of fixes according to Jack. Same thing happens to ICC ships and point jumping with an AD and we don't have cloak. It is not a cloak bug as I see it.

-RH

Appreciate the response mate.
I suspected other faction may also have been copping a bad side to this bug as well
As stated the count is what we as regular K'luth have been doing as a rule - though I believe due to the nature of what the K'luth are about (this is not a point worth arguing on) we may be affected more than other factions. The fact that ALL factions are affected though brings more relevance to the issue I believe.

Cheers Reek & Nim* ( snuck that in as I posted ) --> Edit

[ This Message was edited by: Sauur on 2009-03-04 07:02 ]

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-04 08:11   
I usually look at my signature. when its no longer rising i still wait a extra second and fire..

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-03-04 10:01   
I agree that the point jump sillyness has to us all and the kltuh more so than others due to the nature and setup of our faction 2 seconds amy seem like nothing but two seconds can make a differance 1% and no hull

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-04 11:54   
after point jump or decloak, happens same for me. Really need tow ait to sync with server a few seconds.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-04 14:47   
I get this a lot too. Pair the countdown to avoid it with the long uncloak times due to eccm and you're looking at a lot of damage being taken before you can return fire.

It's the reason you don't see me try to do it very often.

ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-04 21:13   
i think also if the sync issue is finally fixed then missiles wont suck major donkey kong.... but actually 2 days ago we had a nice battle with icc near loakmay and i saw our luthie dread uncloak and shoot a destroyer and 2 full alpha's no dmg registered on it and on the 3rd alpha finally dmg started to register..

this may also be whats happening when we see an ead taking on 5000 dreads and surviving.... this bug is also really really old too. Maybe new servers are needed? start a fund?

Email ssj4megaman
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-04 21:34   
servers are near top of the line atm

Email Sens [R33]
killer2472 *Nightrain*
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-03-04 21:43   
just a thought, how about making psi missiles only come out of planetary defense bases as single shots, not two missiles moving along the same trajectory, and simply up the damage on them to compensate. That might alleviate some of the servers' load in terms of only having to calculate for one missile instead of the pair of 'em.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031961 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR