No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Desync?
 Author Desync?
Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-05 13:23   
Most of the time, I decloak, pop a few shots, and recloak. I recieve counterfire, which I try to spread across several arcs in a turn. This works.

However, sometimes, I get away fairly clean, and then start taking damage when nothing is arround me. If there are several ships a couple hundred gu behind me, and they are seriously pounding holes in empty space, I will even start flaming, and systems will fill screen taking damage. This can occur for up to 30 seconds after I have cloaked or jumped away, but usually only persists for 3 or 4 seconds.

And I do mean that I can see the UGTO and ICC shooting empty space.

Then, I will "catch up", so to speak. My ship will immeadiately and instantly repair itself to the level of damage that I saw myself take... usually some armor damage... the hull pops back to 100%, the damaged systems disappear.

This is merely a curiousity, as it has no real affect.

However, if the humans manage to drop me to 0 hull during the time they are shooting at ghosts... I die... and I do not pop back to reality.

Is this desync? it is me desynced, is it the server lagging, is it them desyncing? I find it very odd that I can be desynced or the server lagged if I can see THEM shooting nothing. I should be seeing nothing if that were the case.

I do not even suffer from the desync bug when uncloaking, I can fire for damage immeadiately.

Thus, I suspect I am being killed by desynced opponents. Is this logical to assume?

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-05 13:43   
Is your connection decent, or is it a bit flakey? We tend to see this ocure on connections which are a bit flakey.

ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-05 14:06   
I too have seen this, just logged into the game, was bombing a planet and got attacked by a md, took some dmg, cloaked but i kept getting internal system dmg which would repair to 100 then get it again to like 95% then it all would repair . rinse and repeat 10+ times.

15mbit/2mbit cable connection and i have seen this a handful of times. I do think this is a desync issue

Email ssj4megaman
Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-05 14:39   
The internet being the unpredictable beast that it is not withstanding... my connection is not flakey in the least.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Page created in 0.015158 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR