Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +21.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Shield
 Author ICC Shield
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-09 02:13   
Ok we all know as a defensive faction ICC ships is no match for Ugto Armor, thats how i see it especially when uggies Hug Planets with depots and Sup Plats.

This is a wild suggestion that would help them on their way,

Make the Power Generation of a planet benefit the orbiting ships just like Depot are doing. Meaning;

Variance Generator will give x amount of energy recovery. Of course lesser Power Generator could only provide enough power for small ships. But 10-15 Variance Generator will give enough effect for a ship to maintain its energy output.

If uggies benefits from depots and plats, why not give ICC benefits to Power generation of a planet for extra X surplus of energy it produces.

just a thought.

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-03-09 04:13   
i like that idea

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-09 05:55   
o.O

how does not running out of power (btw is the planets powergrid evenly distributed along all the iccs vessels around there? do bigger ships get more?) manage to be a counterpoint to ugtos "getting repaired before dieing of old age" ?
[ This Message was edited by: Russian Roulette with Muskets on 2009-03-09 05:57 ]

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-03-09 06:25   
I actually like this idea. I hope Staff looks into this.
protentional I say.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-09 06:35   
It certainly has merit, not a bad idea.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-09 07:23   
We could still owned the ICC ships in the Open and they can't take this energy recovery while on the offensive, its purely defensive in purpose.

So i guess ICC with defense in nature in mind has the advantage it needs, lol we could still bomb the planet if you have multiple depot and Power Generations, Planetary defense would suffer or we could just tranny rush it under them or Uggies can bomb them 4k away.

Overall it is an option they could have. pros and cons.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-03-09 10:23   
I must admit, this idea sounds really good. I have thought long and hard abot a way to tackle the UGTO home field advantage, or exleast balance it. This sounds like just the trick to do so.

Very good idea.

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-14 11:08   
Just to state merely an opinion. I believe platforms introduced a new variable into the ship balance equation - namely, repair and the ability to throw up a dozen platforms only to watch a ship gain more hull/armor while under constant fire.

While these are all intended - you are supposed to be able to build platforms (supply) and they are supposed to repair ships hull & armor, there's still something skewed here, a little.

If one system seems to be stronger and throws the ship balance out of whack, it's not always the right response to raise the level of everything else. You merely end up with a steady escalation of numbers...humorously, just like how in Pinball machines you don't score 1 point, you score 1 million points. It might be more appropriate to somehow surgically target the specific problem rather than increase everything else.

The development team has been reviewing the balance of the ships continuously for the last few months and there's still some tweaking going on here and there so definately don't assume we're now in static mode on this topic. I just kinda doubt the route we'll take is to add yet another game mechanic (planetary power shield regen). Who wants to planet camp anyways?

Nax

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-14 11:54   
I think , coding would be easier if dev decides to create some icc shield regen platforms instead of applying all the code into planet/construction system.

Reek Havoc *XO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-03-14 13:17   
thumbs up for the idea.

Variation - ive ICC ships a "ram scoop" option or enhancement to collect energy from planet reserves.

-RH

DarkSpace: ICCU (Fleet tag: =ICC=) is always recruiting ICC pilots! (/clan join =ICC=)

Goto the website of Reek Havoc *XO*
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-03-14 14:01   
Eh. I think this is a bit much; the depots don't benefit the UGTO as much as they used to, and our new shields are fairly even with them either way. Depots are non-essential on a planet, so having any number of them means limiting the planet in some way- whereas every planet has power generators. If anything, it would have to be a non-essential structure that did this to mirror the depot. But then, you'd probably have a nerf of the shields as they are- because the idea of the current shields with extra recharge seems ludicrously powerful- taking away one of our biggest advantages over the UGTO: That our defenses are superior in the open field, that we can be defensive anywhere, while they can only defend at a planet or near a repair zone. Holding gates, encroaching on a planet, all of these things are made easier for us because of our shields replenishing without any assistance.

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2009-03-15 01:38   
not bad idea ... interesting concept ...

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-15 16:28   
Here's an alternate idea.

Instead of power generators, make it the planetary SHIELD generator that can recharge a ship's shields. It would work like a Depot, in that it only targets one ship at a time. It would also only be able to do this when the planet's shield is at full strength.

Multiple shield generators would be able to repair more than one ship or repair a single ship faster. But ANY damage to the planet's shield would cause them to stop recharging the ship's shield until the planet's shield was back at full.

Shield Generators have much higher infrastructure requirements than Depots, so that would prevent them from getting completely out of control.

Email Jim Starluck
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-15 16:50   
Quote:
Shield Generators have much higher infrastructure requirements than Depots, so that would prevent them from getting completely out of control.

that would also stem the "Cap a planet and quickly recharge" aspect as well, keeping in line with ICC's defensive stance

Email Meko
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-15 21:54   
Quote:

On 2009-03-15 16:50, Meko wrote:
Quote:

that would also stem the "Cap a planet and quickly recharge" aspect as well, keeping in line with ICC's defensive stance

Especially since the shield would probably need to recharge, too.

Email Jim Starluck
Page created in 0.039241 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR