- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » To all K'Luth = Ursa Major
 Author To all K'Luth = Ursa Major
DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2009-03-10 08:05   
Well, some of you know me, others don't. Old habits are hard to break.

Lucky thing I still have the habit of doing a check up on the planets in the K'Luth home system which is now a constellation of systems, Ursa Major.

I ask and urge all K'Luth pilots to please do a quick check in this server before heading into the other servers for one very good reason.

I spotted an ICC Station (a player, not AI) trying to cap one of the planets near the gate to Rogen's Rift. I think he had been in there for a while cuz the planet had half of the buildings gone, his shield was getting low and armor was about 1/4 gone.

By the time I had changed from an Engineer ship to the Shell and got back in there, the planet only had about 1/3rd of the buildings left and no troops. I kept my distance, always moving, and with a heavy barrage of missiles (Decloak, fire a volley or 2, cloak, repeat) I actually helped the K'Luth AI's defeat the ICC station. He then came back in a Missile Cruiser, asked me a few questions (In yell chat) and then left.

After I had switched back to the Engineer ship I couldn't fix the planet (only 7 buildings left) because it was locked by a Marshal. I logged out and after talking to some players (one of them the ICC Station owner), I logged back in to find that the Pirates had capped the planet (I think they were gonna build it cuz a lot of Pirate Engineer and Transport ships started showing up) I then recapped it with troops from my Engineer ship while the AI's kept the Pirates busy. After a while I got a couple of platforms up so I could rebuild the planet in relative safety.

Anyway that's the reason for this post and again I ask and urge all K'Luth pilots to please do a quick check of Ursa Major to make sure everything is ok before going into the other servers.

DMC-13

P.S.
If a K'Luth Marshal could please unlock a few of the planets in there, I can fix and/or beef them up and also lock them if necessary (I'm a Vice Admiral)

Email DMC-13
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-10 11:12   
Due to the ability to spawn in any cluster, this is a problem endemic to all factions; players can simply skip over the front lines and capture home systems without being opposed by other players, since the defenders are a) busy on the front lines, and b) oblivious unless someone actually goes to their home system and checks, by which time it may be too late to do anything about it.

Naturally, in a real war this would be entirely unrealistic, because the enemy would both have to deal with getting through the front line and then facing rear-line reserve units and orbital defences, neither of which particularly exist in DarkSpace, as well as frontline units being called back to help, which doesn't happen either due to the server structure.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-10 11:17   
Now u can really justify fuel reduction!

==========================

Bulls.

MekosPhone
Cadet

Posted: 2009-03-11 00:57   
Fancy you should post about this as I was going to do so as well.

I was that station (command varient) and I died in 89% hull. Now before people say it let me pre-empt you by saying the following:

No it's not my ISP's fault.
No I wasn't downloading anything at the time.
Yes I realize I was desynched.
No I didn't 'quicklog'

Now for the situation, I saw multiple luth cruisers (bombers LOL) and 1 luth mandable. I didn't once see any players around. The only reason I knew after I popped that a player was around was because he got an enhansement >.< haha

I mean I didn't even ejump out le sigh. Can the dev's pls make ship status (shields/armour/hull) have redundant packages sent? So even if we get desynched and can't see anyone we will still see our ship during so we can leg it

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2009-03-11 18:26   
Well, I don't know exactly what your status was at that time but I do know you were doing a good job at getting that planet desynched.

On a side note, I did launch a lot, and I do mean a lot of missiles very quickly.

No disrespect intended, just looking for info. When someone is desynched can they still bomb the heck out of a planet while not being able to fire at or see any players?

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-11 18:52   
Quote:
No disrespect intended, just looking for info. When someone is desynched can they still bomb the heck out of a planet while not being able to fire at or see any players?

No offense taken =)

umm, i went and i perfectly recreated the bug, on the UGTO home cluster server.

the symptoms that i found (when looking for) them came in the form of non updating resources. i was orbiting the planet i was bombing (still killing it) but even though i had plenty of cargo room, i was not recieving any minerals in my hold.

so when this happens, the supply platforms i built, and my own reloads were doing *nothing* to me. it was like i was AFK taking heat.

both times the issue started when the AI began to shoot me. when it was planets vs me, no desynch. soon as the AI entered the picture the problem started.

hope this info helps you devs with your probs =)

ask n e questions, ill answer to the best of my knowledge

Email Meko
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-11 22:26   
Part of the problem is people just don't care what happens on those other servers. Nobody ever plays in the home systems, and even if one is captured, it doesn't affect Sagittarius at all. It's more a "pride" thing than anything else.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-11 22:48   
Then how about a penalty system in the Home system

If you have X planets capture in your home sytem % of your AI will be automatically spawn as enemy ship in Sag.

If Home planet is capture that should be equivalent to one AI Dread Ship.

Think of this... when your in Sag. and you see your Faction Ships as Enemy, then most probably your home system has been cap.

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2009-03-12 00:00   
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but I think it does matter if someone is trying to cap planets in the home system.

It might not cause any problems at first but if Sag is lost with no friendly planets in it and when you go to log into the home server and find out that it's been capped as well, then it matters cuz now you've been cut off with nowhere to make a stand.

The only other reason I can think of for going into another faction's home server is the promise of easy pres gain without much opposition.

DMC-13

Email DMC-13
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-12 00:41   
Quote:

On 2009-03-12 00:00, DMC-13 wrote:
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but I think it does matter if someone is trying to cap planets in the home system.

It might not cause any problems at first but if Sag is lost with no friendly planets in it and when you go to log into the home server and find out that it's been capped as well, then it matters cuz now you've been cut off with nowhere to make a stand.

The only other reason I can think of for going into another faction's home server is the promise of easy pres gain without much opposition.

DMC-13

Sad to break it to you but yes nobody does cares about the Home sytem except for Pride.

Also, try capping one planet in other faction Home System and AI will be all over you, so one man team will be very diffult as AI will just cap it back by brute inf. drop. not to mention AI's that wants to shoot you.

Thats why ive suggested for every cluster that is cap, there should be some form of penalty so people will have to check the home system from time to time.

ex. Faction ship spawning as enemy in Sag. would be one.

DMC-13
Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2009-03-12 05:40   
Now that is indeed sad news.

Besides the Pilot you mentioned, I'm also somebody that cares.

Since there isn't any type of active warning system to alert the faction about a hostile incursion into the home systems, it wouldn't take long to do a quick check before setting course to another quadrant (server)

As for me, I'd rather lose a ton of prestige points in ships and get myself demoted all the way back to a cadet before I let any of the home planets get captured either by AI's or Hu-Mans.

I have no problem with doing a quick check on the home systems after logging in and will continue to do that every time.

I sincerely hope that all my fellow K'Luth brothers feel the same about this.

DMC-13

P.S.

How can I contact this pilot named Pride? Sounds like him and I should team up and go to work for Homeland Security,

Email DMC-13
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-12 14:17   
Believe it or not, I do check home systems, both ours and enemy's. There's never anything going on. If there is though I can assure you I'd be there to help kick them out; when I say "nobody cares" I don't mean people are just gonna ignore it.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-12 15:46   
We take what we want, when we want. They wanna cap our home system, more points for me when we recap it. Its the server setup that is to blame. Also, the fact that the home systems are virtually nonfactors in the server where everyone PvPs means nobody REALLY cares. Sure, they can be capped, but when does AI stop trying to cap our Sag planets? Or our Mi planets?
I just see future pres. Let them cap it. If I can stop them, I do. Too many for me? Oh well. I chose when/where to fight. I'll just recap

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Page created in 0.017500 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR