No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Re: Shipyard Abuse
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Re: Shipyard Abuse
Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-03-26 17:06   
Quote:

On 2009-03-25 10:25, El Guapo wrote:

Now we have a cooldown period for ecm, and a recharge rate for jumpdrives and it all varies on the size of ship. Now how hard would it be to tie that to the ship you spawn. Make a cooldown period for that ship before you can use the shipyard again. The bigger the ship the longer the cool down.

Now we just need one for cloaks and everyone will be happy!

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-26 17:10   
yeah, see the thing is we were specifically testing to see if we could get one Saturday. El Guapo, Pakhos, I think Dark was there too, and a few others. I tell you we were unable to blockade the sy at ANYTIME. We never saw a time while we were battling where the enemy wasn't able to SY and pull a new ship out or to come back out. I really think something isn't operating right for our faction.

Also, this was in the Procyon server. Maybe that matters. I don't know for sure.

At the same time, we were jumped by stations while sitting in our own sy planet. Pakhos had enough time to get his station safely into the sy, but was unable to spawn again. This happens all the time.

In Sag, I can sit at Raf and be blockaded into the sy by an ICC scout ay eyma. That's sad. We cann't show up with 3 stations and dreads and get a blockade. It really is quite aggrevating.

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-26 20:54   
Quote:

On 2009-03-26 17:06, Nim * wrote:
Quote:

Now we have a cooldown period for ecm, and a recharge rate for jumpdrives and it all varies on the size of ship. Now how hard would it be to tie that to the ship you spawn. Make a cooldown period for that ship before you can use the shipyard again. The bigger the ship the longer the cool down.

But we all ready have a cool down period for a cloak, it is the time it takes a ship to fully decloak and be able to fire and the time it takes a ship to fully cloak and this depends on the size of the ship...

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-03-27 08:45 ]

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-26 21:02   

[The topic is shipyard abuse in combat situation. You have a topic hit the topic thing at the forum page and start typing. If you have relevant suggestions then be my guest. Please do not get off topic...
[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-03-27 08:42 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-26 21:31   
Complaining about observe? COME ON!! You're joking about that one, I hope...

As for shipyard abuse, all you have to do to stop it is blockade the planet... Not only does it not let someone spawn but now it doesnt let them dock either... The spawn location is random, maybe if it was static, only spawning you on one side of the planet, ever, it would fix this, maybe a shipyard timer will, either option is probably not something that can be easily implemented, however... So, lets stop begging for a fix and wait and see if one comes.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
DarkNoble
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-26 21:32   
Quote:

On 2009-03-26 17:06, Nim * wrote:
Quote:

--Reason for ecm cooldown u used to b able to spam ecm button turning/off and on .. which would disable cloak.. story for cloak was... we had to replace our amour for use of cloaks..

--Reason for ecm cooldown u used to b able to spam ecm button turning/off and on .. which would disable cloak.. story for cloak was... we had to replace our amour for use of cloaks..

if u want us to lose our cloak.. then y not give kulth ships more amour.. like 5 more armour slots and 5 shiled slots =D

k'luth sacfirce alot for cloaks Plz dont take it away or put crappy cooldown on it (they aready put 1 why have 2) X.x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nim there a reason why K'luth is the advance faction .. its harder to use.. and still u want it to b harder =/ OO Speaking of cooldowns Why not have cooldown for MANEUL TARGET !! HAHAHA .-reason-if our sig is high with all of ur eccm on like 59sig on my dread u have alot of time to shoot at us before we are fully cloak .. and then u can easy guess where we at.. so why not have a cooldown for targeting =D .... Lets STOP all these cooldowns and make pvp... more fun and stop Tranny rushing .. i say lower inf carge space on Tranny and ,.... extractors to 6=pp 6.... nuff said..

Diesalot
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-27 02:13   
afaik its not an exploit going in and out of sy with the same ship. Its not abusing and everyone does it. Just because el guapo doesnt have a station yet doesnt make this an abuse. Like using observe...

As for tranny rushing, tell the dev's to sort it out by making the planets strong again. Bring back the fighter base too!

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-03-27 02:21   
FX, kluth is the easiest faction to play atm. Why do you think they got the most playerbase? You rarely die, you got great alpha, you got the ganglia ( why did theygive long range ship for kluth again?) Pinging and manual targeting isnt easy as you might think. Esp in an EAD which doesnt even have eccm slot and runs out of energy so fast.

One thing they could do is remove ecm slots from the ganglia and the advanced worker ( 2 ecm slots on a sup?):)
[ This Message was edited by: Nim * on 2009-03-27 02:22 ]

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-03-27 02:51   
alot of this post has gone off topic the sy abuse of coming in and out spawning at differant sides is to me fine when its not a combat situation but as for what nim said about you should be able to decide what side you come out is ok as long as you dont sy to then choose your spot because you see a ship coming from other side as to me that is still sy abuse but only more perfected if the was a countdown timer it would solve alot of problems, plus after doing some testing earlier i have also found a more pressing reason to get this fixed sadly i cant reveal what it is untill i have spoken to someone about this to see if it can be fixed.

DarkNoble
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-27 02:53   

[ This Message was edited by: FX-05 on 2009-03-27 03:04 ]

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-03-27 08:35   
Quote:

On 2009-03-27 02:13, Diesalot wrote:
afaik its not an exploit going in and out of sy with the same ship. Its not abusing and everyone does it. Just because el guapo doesnt have a station yet doesnt make this an abuse. Like using observe...

As for tranny rushing, tell the dev's to sort it out by making the planets strong again. Bring back the fighter base too!

it IS however a exploit if you SY awhile engaged combat to avoid any "effects" to your ship. (unless its been recently changed???)

-Hellz
[ This Message was edited by: Hellza - Dark Master on 2009-03-27 08:37 ]

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-27 09:45   
Make a cooldown for the Sy docking, or fix/tweak the planet blockade so that ppl can't dock or undock if its under blockade. If ppl are outnumbered and dont wana die, they can jump away then and then move to next cloasest SY if they wana go dock.

And not all ppl abuse this, some just dock and stay there or undock at a safe planet or gate.

Those who abuse it fight with their station/Ship untill they almost die and change to another fresh one. And there is other ways to abuse this, as for tranny rush.

As for cloaks, i think the cooldown for cloaks is the same when enemy triggers a ECCM on as its makes the cloaking longer, and at same time we cant shoot back or jump out even.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.031400 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR