No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Public poll
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Public poll
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-27 16:34   
Do you feel Darkspace community would benefit from having the lobby and forum accessed only by subscription members ?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-27 16:36   
Wouldn't that make it impossible to demo the game?

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-27 16:40   
exactly what shig said, how are you going to bring in new members... I myself would have never joined this game had I not gone through 3 of the 14 day trials if it required me to be subscribed just to log in - I would have laughed my ass off and left immediately..

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-27 16:50   
Lobbycampers would get an MiRC channel or stick to MSN, DS loses old community. Hurts DS more than it will help.

Email Sens [R33]
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-27 16:51   
Access is one thing. The ability to post is another all together. Why should non-subbed people be able to cry in the forum and attempt to change the game mechanics of a game they don't pay for? Seems logical to me.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-27 17:14   
How about you have to pay $0.20 per forum post. Cuts down on whining and increases revenue.. its brilliant!

Email Shigernafy
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-27 17:32   
Quote:

On 2009-03-27 16:51, Azreal wrote:
Access is one thing. The ability to post is another all together. Why should non-subbed people be able to cry in the forum and attempt to change the game mechanics of a game they don't pay for? Seems logical to me.

I agree, when talking in Darkspace earlier we discussed this openly in K'luth channel and quite suprising we all agreed its a good idea. Hence the idea to put it to a poll to get a more wider audience response as we were curious of other peoples views aswell.
I think already that there are some views already expressing that the community of old would be gone, well of course it would. You only look at other mmo or mp games that even they will only allow forum access to its subscribed members, EVE is for one, World of Warcraft is another, and also World War 2 online, plus there are many many more.
i feel that being a couch potato in the lobby where at times there is an ability for non subscribing members to wind subscription members up or cry in the forums because they dont like the way some ideas are thrown around and they not played since 4.82/3 or only play when the free game time are made available. This does not contribute to moving the game forward and certainly does not help with assisting the way new players are guided through the gaming process.
I also feel the the lobby serves no real purpose in its current state, and the mechanics of the lobby should be changed so that you can only access the lobby after you have entered the game first, this also keeps out the non-sub players.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-03-27 17:57   
Because surely, it is only unsubscribed members that post undesirable things or say disruptive things in the lobby. Subbed players would never ever do that, ope nope nope.

If you limit it to just forums, you scare a few people away, but you still have the "problem" of people "whining" in the lobby. If you include it to encompass the lobby, you lose AT LEAST 75% of the people that log in every day. This will effectively kill the game, given that the largest advertisement campaign DS has is word of mouth.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-27 17:58   
Quote:

On 2009-03-27 16:34, Pakhos wrote:
Do you feel Darkspace community would benefit from having the lobby and forum accessed only by subscription members ?

ummm, failure more?

we have a lot of non-subbers here, why shoot ourselves in the foot? more thought into your posts, please.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-27 18:18   
Quote:

On 2009-03-27 17:57, $yTHe {C?} wrote:
Because surely, it is only unsubscribed members that post undesirable things or say disruptive things in the lobby. Subbed players would never ever do that, ope nope nope.

Difference is, we pay for the right, and pay for the game.

And SWG, Pirates of the burning sea are same way as well. Must enter game first.

Also, just like to point out...

$yTHe {C?}
Cadet

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-03-27 18:37 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-27 18:35   
For reasons stated above, I think it's a horrible idea. Were I subbed I can guarantee I'd tell you exactly the same thing.

How would you convince a vet to come back into the game if they couldn't access the community? The community's always been the backbone of the game, without it this game would've died a long time ago.

Also, DS is nowhere near big enough to warrant comparisons with EvE and WoW in this respect.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-27 19:24   

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-27 19:46   
To be fair, it would root out the troublesome elements.

Veterans from days gone by who only complain, frustrated people who haven't subbed, people who don't even play who think they know all the answers to all the DarkSpacian problems, people who are new to the games and have the audacity to ask questions...

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-27 20:13   
I don't think it's a good idea. The unsubcribed greatly outnumber the subscribed so limiting them would make this game seem truly empty to new players.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-27 21:09   
Quote:

On 2009-03-27 17:14, Shigernafy [R33] wrote:
How about you have to pay $0.20 per forum post. Cuts down on whining and increases revenue.. its brilliant!

how about, the top 10 posters get paid $0.20 per forum post. After all, we are so brillant.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.016918 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR