No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Public poll
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Public poll
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-27 21:29   
That's a good idea too.

I don't think the opinions of those who subscribe are inherently better. They are contributing to the financial .. erm, success of Darkspace, but that doesn't mean the feedback we get from unsubs is any less valid.

Plus, from a purely selfish perspective, I don't want to encourage the idea of "I pay for this game, do what I say, damnit" mindset that muffling the unsubs would contribute to.

Email Shigernafy
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-03-27 21:48   
Azreal I would buy that argument if SWG, PotBS, WoW, etc didn't have one slight difference:

People actually play those games. I think at this point Darkspace needs all the constructive criticism it can get. Also, the appeal of Darkspace has always been its community. Now, I would agree if you said the community is lacking these days, but this idea completely destroys any semblance of it.

And you kids thought I could only troll.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-27 22:59   
actually, I was suprised you could type. Hadn't seen that in a while.

Nobody is talking about "I pay so do what I say". Just saying people who don't support the game should have less. Afterall, there's nothing like being forum trolled by somebody who hasn't paid for a sub in 2 years.

And honestly if the community were anywhere near what it once was, I would never entertain the idea.

Now? I would say lose the lobby alltogether and use the extra server space for something more useful, like displaying Bito's sandal sock collection.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-03-28 00:38   
Well alot of opinions on this subject a more fair way is you earn so many credits by play time sub or not it will still be allowing people to take part in posting/lobby bitching
this then wouldnt put off new players from trying the game it would make more people have to fly other ships it might also solve a little problem Nim talked to me about when we was talking about cloak and finding us with scouts his reply its hard to get people to fly scouts/frigates to do these jobs
all though strangely enough ugto seem to have no shortage of extractors/trannys ,so if people realy want to change the game a actual good start would be to see more ships in the actual mv apart from ai.

P.s i mean you earn as you play not what you did 3/4 years ago

[ This Message was edited by: DarkScorpion on 2009-03-28 00:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: DarkScorpion on 2009-03-28 00:51 ]

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-28 00:51   
Aaahhhhh, even the forums??

I don't even post that much, but I'll miss lurking~
Amazing how long this game/community has been up...

Email Light-of-Aurora
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-28 02:20   
I beg to disagree by limiting access to unsub ppl.

Long explain .. but to cut it short ..

Limit to sub the lobby/forum access... its another nail in the coffin.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-28 02:27   
This thread is idiotic... I mean honestly it shouldn't have lasted beyond being created... Shigernafy should have locked it then... The whole "I pay I do what I want" crap is childish the forums and lobby are all that keep many people here, and them being here, honestly, it keeps this place alive.
So, please, I pray to the forum gods... Lock this thread

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-28 02:36   
I say lets do it.

That way, when the game lobby has ten people in it and there are 3 people actively posting in the forum, the game can then have real progress.

And then a bunch of people will want to pay to play this game, since this game must be so awesome that people will pay $10 a month just to talk to one another!.

I mean, its not like there's plenty of other free chat rooms and forums out there.

Let alone games that people play. Nobody plays other games. Crazy people.

-Ent

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-03-28 03:25   
Quote:

On 2009-03-28 02:36, Enterprise wrote:
I say lets do it.

That way, when the game lobby has ten people in it and there are 3 people actively posting in the forum, the game can then have real progress.

And then a bunch of people will want to pay to play this game, since this game must be so awesome that people will pay $10 a month just to talk to one another!.

I mean, its not like there's plenty of other free chat rooms and forums out there.

Let alone games that people play. Nobody plays other games. Crazy people.

-Ent

Damn - ya broke my sarcasm detector

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-03-28 03:30   
Lets move away from pay to say and more in the direction of play to say
When i decide to try a new multiplayer game my first priority is to check the game out not how full or good the lobby looks or the forums not asking for you to have to play 5 hours to put up a post or make full use of the lobby
and its no good us posting endless request on fix this fix that most of us have been guilty at it one time or another new players need to see more people in the game because no matter how good or funny we are they havent come to see us.
i just want to personaly see more people taking active roles in the game
rather from the sidelines
and yes i play other games too but i dont go posting or realy spending any time in the lobby because i feel im not realy active enough.
P.S
Please dont go around asking a public poll to be locked what is your name stalin

[ This Message was edited by: DarkScorpion on 2009-03-28 03:36 ]

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-28 04:03   
[Rage mode Initiated]

And what about the people whom cannot pay? I disagree heartily on the whole subject. This is why:

A- Darkspace has an admittedly small playerbase right now. It's bigger than it was in .483, but it is still small. You take away those lobby campers and you lose roughly 60-80% of the people who log into DS everyday.

B- It is discrimination, just because You can pay, doesn't give you the right to essentially say what us people who cannot pay (or in one or two cases, don't want to) can and cannot do.

C- You think that paying makes you better? That is like bribing a police officer, and then strutting around the place doing what you want. Well, for you, reality sucks. YOU CAN'T.

D- All of the above.

So, let's be honest, there is no real arguement for this, and all you are doing is stirring up a load of (for want of a better word) crap. I say we all shush up and let this thread die. Painfully. By fire.

-Delta

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-28 06:32   
Quote:
[Rage mode Initiated]

And what about the people whom cannot pay? I disagree heartily on the whole subject. This is why:

A- Darkspace has an admittedly small playerbase right now. It's bigger than it was in .483, but it is still small. You take away those lobby campers and you lose roughly 60-80% of the people who log into DS everyday.

B- It is discrimination, just because You can pay, doesn't give you the right to essentially say what us people who cannot pay (or in one or two cases, don't want to) can and cannot do.

C- You think that paying makes you better? That is like bribing a police officer, and then strutting around the place doing what you want. Well, for you, reality sucks. YOU CAN'T.

D- All of the above.

So, let's be honest, there is no real arguement for this, and all you are doing is stirring up a load of (for want of a better word) crap. I say we all shush up and let this thread die. Painfully. By fire.

-Delta

What about the people that cannot play? well if you want to play then you have to pay, new players with a two week subsciption are unaffected, they can still join in ask questions and then they can make their decision if this game is for them or not. They hopefully will be part of the subscription base helping faustus and his band of free helpers by contributing and making the game better. I myself have resubbed to EVE and Pirates of the burning sea to see if i wanted to be part of that community, i found after spending abit of time in each one they are not for me, so i have unsubbed and now trying Lord of the rings online again.
Yes Darkspace has a small playerbase and thats down to reasons which we all know, and to be honest in my honest opinon the player base is actually smaller if not about the same as 1.483 now that 1.5 has been released for about 3 months, the game and its fan base have given time to adjust and players who had their short lifespan have unsubbed for one reason or another, they cant afford the subscription, or they dont like what 1.5 has to offer.
Sure the 60%-80% you mentioned that sit in the lobby and do nothing all day long, they are not contributing, i'd say sub to the game that we all love and enjoy and make it better, youre doing more harm than good by loitering around a virtual chatroom, im sure Faustus or any other admin think to themselves and say if all those cadets can sub and get into the game and have some fun, the community would be on a higher plane.
I do not think you can wave the discrimination card, what you going to do? go to the european courts of human rights and demand that all online gaming companies treat unsub players equally, i do not think so. End of the day this is a business for one man and his small crew, economics and the like, if he wants to succeed then he needs paying members.
I would not call it an argument and we as adults or at least some of us are can treat this thread as a discussion, and be mature to talk about ideas that come up from time to time. For players whether they are subbed or not to say to lock this thread and brand this game as it should be some sort of opensource counterstrike you are looking at this type of community and in the wrong light.
The community as a whole has become stale, the game needs to breathe, the release of 1.5 has helped to give it a new direction, and yes there are still alot of things to fix like the arc bug which has reappeared but affects the rear arc, to cloaking bugs, trying to balance AI and of course planetary defences and blockades which do not work for K'luth right now. They take time to fix and we all get abit frustrated because we feel it takes to long. Well thats another reason to start parting $9 or £7 a month, what is that three packets of fags? (sorry i mean cigarettes) and a couple of pints down the pub or one trip to the cinema.
I would like to hear Faustus views on this, as i guess its his overall decision to allow everyone and his dog to be part of this community, and whether he sees the current status actually improves his business as a whole, or would a new direction be more beneficial.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-28 06:49   
Quote:

On 2009-03-28 02:27, Fatal JBud *ADM* [R33] wrote:
The whole "I pay I do what I want"

That is in quotes. Who are u quoting? Nobody said that. Your post is idiotic

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-03-28 06:50 ]

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-03-28 07:01   
"and a couple of pints down the pub" who the hell has only a couple of pints down the pub its not worth going out

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-28 07:33   
Quote:

On 2009-03-28 04:03, Deltaflyer [R33] wrote:
[Rage mode Initiated]

D- All of the above.

-Delta

Deltaflyer [R33]
Cadet

'nough said.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022207 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR