Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Public poll
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Public poll
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-03-28 07:56   
People still play SWG?

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-28 07:57   
And yet, with the credit crunch affecting many if not all people, many people from working-class families cannot pay. You heard, CANNOT. Why, do you have a clue how hard it is for people to find jobs? I may not know first hand, what with still being 14 and all, but does that make my opinion count any less? Just because I cannot pay, does that make my opinion void, or does it make me less important? No, it does not.

Quoting my name and rank is a retarded argument, because it has nothing to do with the discussion.

Actually, does this count as discussion? Or does it count as discrimination? I think EVERYONE should deicide, rather than introducing a class system in darkspace.

-Delta

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-28 09:00   
Quote:

On 2009-03-27 16:51, Azreal wrote:
Access is one thing. The ability to post is another all together. Why should non-subbed people be able to cry in the forum and attempt to change the game mechanics of a game they don't pay for? Seems logical to me.

Perhaps some people do not enjoy the game in its current version but would like to keep tabs on future changes, changes that may interest them into paying again.

What happens if a new player comes across DS and is thinking about subscribing but wants to ask a few questions first? Show they not have any ability to do that?

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-28 09:42   
Im going to make this simple as i can so that you can understand it.

1)As to prove what most ppl say, the next time in the lobby, go through each pearsons profile and see wheter there subed or not.

2)In your mind, picture the lobby as if they couldnt be there.

3)Repeat for forums.

- - - - - - - - - -

1)People who arnt subed can't post problems there having with the game or prfile, inevitable leading to them leaving

- - - - - - - - - -

1)New players would want to play the game to learn how to play it, THEN use there coupon to experiance the full version to see if they want to sub.

'nough said

Email -Shadowalker-™
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-28 10:42   
I see an empty lobby, where new players log in, see the low player list on the right, think that the game is dead, and go to play EvE or something.

And come on, stop putting 'nough said' at the end of your supposed 'arguements'. It is really annoying, since you appear to think that because you CAN pay, you are somehow better than the people who cannot.

Personally, I will not be subbing until I get better internet, since I cannot see the point until I stop lagging. I guess that if people keep making stupid arguements like this (that appear on the front page, that new people visit) then we are going to get less and less new players, because the majority of them will believe that the game's playerbase is crap.

Someone please bring sense and a lock to this thread, since it is going nowhere, and I believe that people are getting riled up over this discrimination. I know I am.

-Delta

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-28 11:02   
discrimination? lol Give me a break.

Besides, U have a point of view, others do as well. If you don't like the discussion, butt out. Nobody is slamming anyone or anything, just discussing an idea that was bouncing in somebodies head.

Not like anybody is saying that you should be 18 or older to play. Maybe then u could cry about discimination. Maybe.

And I wouldn't support a lobby only accessable thru the game itself. I only pointed out a few games that do operate that way. Most do in fact.

If you don't like the discussion, simply butt out.

and yeah, 'nough said.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-28 11:56   
... I think its about time for a healthy LOCK now.

Email Sens [R33]
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-28 12:14   
Ok, there are some valid points from each side of this thread. First off all, giving some special attributes to paying members isnt a bad idea. You can make metaverse room only for suscribers, and the lobby for newbies or new comers. You need to assign moderators to each room. One to help new comers and newbies and one for paying members to write down exploits ,bugs and to keep the place in order. Same way u can separete the forums. Hence , even u can hand the manual to new guy as doran does. There is nothing to ask for newbies or newcomer in forum. 99% of them does ask a question in the game after they enter 2 weeks free coupon. How do i get bigger ship is the most commun question we have in nowadays. So looks like Manual and newbie welcome isnt enough or simply doesnt work with current system.

Otherwise;

Talking about discrimination is a kind of phatetic.

Well, you must ask DS staff why you cant create a fleet or why cant install blue dark enhancement on his ship while you are cadet.

Edit: by separeting forums also u can put back staff feedback and bug report forums for paying members. So newcomers wont see our dirty cloathes (quoting faustus).
[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-03-28 12:18 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-28 13:34   
What you don't realise is that 99% of the time a newcomer logs in, a lobbycamper helps orient him/her with the game.

Email Sens [R33]
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-28 14:30   
All I see in this thread is some subbed players pretending they are better than unsubbed players, and unsubbed players responding to this thread as though it is seriously considered.

Limiting lobby and forum access only to people who would play would immediately shut Faustus himself out.

Anyway, let us for a moment suppose that this idea has a good and solid foundation: what, then, is the main argument in favour of limiting access to the game facilities to subscribing players only?

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-03-28 15:19   
No.
Quote:
Coeus [R33]
Grand Admiral
Space Warriors

'nuff said.

/Coeus has spoken! Take heed!

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-28 17:44   
To bad we stopped using scenario..
Could have wanted to consider bringing back green servers..

But for the innitial suggestion: NO.

/me heads to read all the posts in this thread, incase there could be any other good idea's.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-28 18:22   
*post deleted*

This latest "no u" post isn't helping any.
[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2009-03-28 18:45 ]

all I'm saying is, I wasnt quoting any words but rather the actions of many of you.. dont call my words idiotic.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal JBud *ADM* on 2009-03-28 19:13 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-03-28 18:59   
a little off topic here but it would be nice if players had a vote/discussion for upcoming new mods.

and i support the vote for change to the lobby, this is a game not a chat program, if you want to chat join in the game and allow me the chance to kill you while you chat away!
[ This Message was edited by: *Nemesis*© on 2009-03-28 19:03 ]

Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-03-28 19:27   
I think its a bad Idea to isolate more of the game to new and perspective subs. If you have a problem with people complaining about what they see as happening to them in this game then you need to find another hobby. Trying to keep negative opinions out of your tender views is the same as sticking your head in the ground like an Ostrage, but raiseing your head only to find when you look around that you are finaly alone. And just because you may pay does not make your complaining any more worthwhile to endure. Its the new people who we look for so dont fear them if they dont believe you.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019762 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR