Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sabotague and Planet Locking
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Sabotague and Planet Locking
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-29 20:26   
uncle
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-26 21:17 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-29 22:45   
Because fleet locking further splits up factions? I never thought fleet locking was a good thing.

Would it be difficult to add a log of player interaction with a planet? Maybe the F8 key or something could show a log of the past few hours of every time a building is built, paused or scrapped and by whom? Maybe you can filter the list to just show pauses and scraps which indicate sabotage (it
s not always sabotage, but the good players will know the difference, and when it's unfamiliar names doing it it might indicate sabotage)

Players need to be able to see who's doing what to planets and be able to tell the mods.

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-03-30 01:05   
Well i would'nt be to sure if i wanted fleet locking back but i would like to see that when you lock a planet it stops ai tranny from lifting inf off planet.
I am not sure if it would be a easy thing to put in place where players can just click a function key and see what inter action of planet structures others have used, if the was im sure it would only list a few hours at a time
but if it is able to be done then yes people can see more of a clear picture
if planet has been a victim of sabotage but it also would have to list data like plague or attack.

[ This Message was edited by: DarkScorpion on 2009-04-01 01:49 ]

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-30 01:23   
if i hear anything, i will be letting the K'luth know.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-30 01:42   
dont forget the setting of inf. to raze mode ... this one has no rank limit.

ok.. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt work on friendly planets.. but the point is .. if it works .. planet structures go boom. and replace by AI with Mines .. and you will never know it happens when you log in cause structures is 32.

when they do cap it .. nothing but mines.. yeah . ^^

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-30 18:50   
I give
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-26 21:18 ]

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-30 19:42   
Sabotage.

Email Tbone
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-30 20:07   
I believe it was disabled and is not a bug, but I don't have the log handy, so I can't be 100% sure on that.

A log is probably not going to happen. It wouldn't be lag directly, mostly server overhead with retrieving the information and serving it up upon request; this would take a bit of disk space, some processor time, and network bandwidth. Even with compression, I don't think its worth it.

That's just my opinion. I don't see Faustus thinking its worth it in terms of cost/benefit with dev time, server work, etc.

Email Shigernafy
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-30 20:29   
pointless
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-26 21:19 ]

*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-03-30 23:02   
ugto had the same thing happen to us a couple weeks ago when we pritty much caped all of sag we left the system for mabie 30 min and came back to find someone turned off most of the def for the planets in bd and the planets were misteriously back in icc hands somthing i could sugest is when someone scraps or disables a building the message is sent to all servers not just the one its happining in is that even posible ?

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-30 23:06   
Quote:

On 2009-03-30 18:50, Azreal wrote:
Reason fleet lock is good is it is tied to a faction. Maybe make it to where any fleet on that faction can interact with a fleet locked planet. Yeah it does cut out unfleeted people. I admit it, but I don't see them in engies anyways. If there weren't AI engies (may I live to see the day, please God) than that would be a more relevant issue.

Make it so only players in fleets can interact with planets and I'm gone I don't believe in the idea of "fleets" for this game anyway, since your faction is your true fleet.

It's bad enough there's entire fleets who don't communicate with the rest of the faction ingame, and yes I'm talking about voice chat.

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-03-31 00:00   
Well sadly this sort of thing rears its ugly head from time to time and is not
the work or fault of any faction just a few self serving fools who feel its ok
to hop factions to do stupid things like this, such as the type of people that hope from ugto when kluth have controll of procyon system to kluth
to farm ai that is bad enough but then to find next time i log in the supply platforms kluth build in each system have by some strange reason have gone.
i know its the work of faction hop because we dont place supply plats in any cross routes between gates or planets and yes we fill these platforms too 100% with res too i have talked to people who think its ok to faction hop trying to explain that its not really in the spirit of the game and no there not just a noob trying out a faction getting to know ships only response i get is i pay my money i can do what ever i please.

DarkNoble
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-31 02:26   
Easy! fix..

Make All home system into one big system keep pro,rr,newbiessevers like it is, but in this new system .. add a new cluster in middle of all 3 faction home system.. Like a battlefield system a few planets near each gate of each faction .. so we can fight for those .. and plat up our gate to our system.. ... ... .. should bring something to do... But please cut the respawns rate for faction Ai ugto,icc,k'luth by half and limit the dam engineers thy fail i cant get any build pres i fix a planet have to scrape a sy cause some builds it at 32 stucture and there not enough pop so i get like 5 pres for fixing a planet i build 4-5 lvl 2 def bases for what.. 5pres =(
=________________________________________________________=
OH yeah only fleet members can play =) no unfleet players go play with Ur AI!!

they can easy choose from many to join...

And return fleet planet locks.. and ..
Please make beta like this so we can test? Anyway Keep up the good work devs/mods/admin .. U know who U are =D

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-31 13:07   
So you just called me and all the other unfleeted players AI Farmers? Go hang your head in shame, and stop derailing topics.

*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-03-31 15:28   
[quote]
On 2009-03-31 02:26, FX-05 wrote:
Easy! fix..

(Make All home system into one big system keep pro,rr,newbiessevers like it is, but in this new system .. add a new cluster in middle of all 3 faction home system.. Like a battlefield system a few planets near each gate of each faction )...... interesting idea but the goal of ds is to cap the entire metaverse not just certian planets...... ( But please cut the respawns rate for faction Ai ugto,icc,k'luth by half and limit the dam engineers thy fail i cant get any build pres i fix a planet have to scrape a sy cause some builds it at 32 stucture and there not enough pop so i get like 5 pres for fixing a planet i build 4-5 lvl 2 def bases for what.. 5pres =( ).......... yeah i agree with you completly on this but just lock the planets when you go to build them it helps for me mabie it will help for you .......(
=________________________________________________________=
OH yeah only fleet members can play =) no unfleet players go play with Ur AI!!

they can easy choose from many to join... ) i dont think anyone should be forced to join a fleet just to play ds there are plwnty of ppl who just like to go lone wolf dosent mean they all ai farm all the time and it dosent mean every one not fleeted player sabotages factions either

[ This Message was edited by: COMMANDERHAWK on 2009-03-31 15:31 ]

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025247 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR