No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Is the Brood requirements too high?
 Author Is the Brood requirements too high?
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-04-01 06:27   
I understood why the brood of 483 had such high requirements to fly
but now its a total shadow of its former self it don't have the fire power to repel anything bigger than a dessie you cant even fit a build enhancement to it so it is less able than a plain drone engineer, obiously it cant bomb any better than a clav only thing it has going for it is it has more armour
it lacks enough fighter slots to even match it to its counter parts from other factions is the any valid reason its rank requirement can't be lowered to admiral?.
[ This Message was edited by: DarkScorpion on 2009-04-01 06:31 ]

t500
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-01 06:57   
Quote:

On 2009-04-01 06:27, DarkScorpion wrote:
is the any valid reason its rank requirement can't be lowered to admiral?.
[ This Message was edited by: DarkScorpion on 2009-04-01 06:31 ]

i do not see 1

Email t500
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-04-01 10:03   
You just laid out the very definition of the Brood, which is "Jack of all trades, master of none."

[Edit]To elaborate, the reason why its got high requirements is because it can do all of those things, it's one person to man all those posts, bombing building fighterspam (fighterbomber spam if necessary), with the armor to take a lot of crap thrown at it & keep on smiling. Think of it this way - in the event that all your SYs are trashed, you would need just ONE ship in your garage to cover the things needed, and it's big & burley enough that it won't get one shotted.
[ This Message was edited by: Coeus [R33] on 2009-04-01 10:06 ]

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-04-01 11:10   
Well i know its role i was just saying for what it is now its requirements should reduce from Fleet admiral to admiral because before it was better than its counter parts in defence but now it is actualy far less able than ugto/icc command type so its requirement should be of same rank

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-04-02 10:40   
Being the counterpart of the command dreads, i think it should indeed be admiral. I see no difference between it and command dreads. It might even be weaker, because it lacks staying power.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-04-02 13:20   
K'Luth always have had ships classed a little higher than humans.

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-02 23:43   
I believe that was because of the amount of damage we inflicted and the use of our cloak requiring a bit more skill. But i would like to be able to use it at admiral, would be a nice upgrade from from the Drone Engineer...

Can we bring it down to Admiral?

H&S

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-03 19:12   
Bomber dread has NO business on a hit and run faction. The only thing that makes it better than a Clavate is that it has a build mod on it. Other than that, clav is better.

Seriously tho. A bomber dread on a hit and run faction? WTH? K'luth has WAY too many dreads. Hit and crawl.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-03 21:44   
Nerf Brood!

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-03 23:16   
Quote:

On 2009-04-03 21:44, Pakhos wrote:
Nerf Pakhos!

Fix'd!

We need something on dread lvl anyway. Everyone else has it, so why not us. Sides, if it's all on one ship, thats one more ship defending the brood instead of someone in a Drone Engineer/Clavate.

H&S

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-04-04 03:41   
Quote:

On 2009-04-03 19:12, Azreal wrote:
Bomber dread has NO business on a hit and run faction. The only thing that makes it better than a Clavate is that it has a build mod on it. Other than that, clav is better.

Seriously tho. A bomber dread on a hit and run faction? WTH? K'luth has WAY too many dreads. Hit and crawl.

Kluth have 5 dreads, just like every other faction..
And whats wrong with having a command class ship? Kluth have to bomb and build to..

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 06:23   
K'luth aren't every other faction. They are a HIT AND RUN. That means lots of smaller class, fast, agile, semi-powerful ships. ICC and UGTO should have a bomber and a missle dread. Its the wrong type of ship for the style of fighting that Kluth uses.

Have you seen the guerrillas of various countries using tanks? No, of course not. The idea is fast, light, and agile.

The arguement that the other factions have them is weak and stupid. Do we want there to be three exact factions, only difference being the skin on the ship? I hope not. But we have it now.

The Ganglia was a command ship. It should be returned to that role. Take the bomber dread, missle dread, and that awesome tanker, the Krill, from K'luth and give them a command ship.

But then that would require us to be able to attack dreads in cruisers again, and actually be able to kill them. K'luth seems outa whack specifically because we are now patterened too closely to the other factions. Only difference now is the factional penalties. It's stupid, and it has actually made the game less fun, and more of a paper/rock/scissors event.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Page created in 0.016403 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR