No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +8.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Don Nukeys Statement
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Don Nukeys Statement
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-01 14:41   
Ok now I was in procyon alone with three ICC palyers and Don implied that what I was doing was the reason for the low player base. I ask him to explain and never got an answer back. Now a lone k'luth player against three ICC one in a station or a AD, one in a missle dread, one in a missle cruiser, now not wanting to commit suicide I was doing hit and run, till Don went in to his station, so I switch to a gan, he said that, that is the reason for the low player base? Maybe, just maybe it is the fact that two factions hug planets, they are afraid to move away for the security of the planet or the cluster, maybe it is the fact, but I do not think so. What do you think...? Personally I love the game wish more people would sub, I go away I come back, depends on my work situation. Me personally I think it is funny that you have two factions that really are afraid to move away from a planet, that are afraid to get involed in comabt unless they know that they have the upper hand, and at the first sign of trouble jump away and or shipyard, but then again who am I. Or maybe it is the ones that exploit this game every way they can that brings the game down... Your thoughts please, and Don I would still like to know what you meant by that statement?
[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-01 14:44 ]
[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-01 14:44 ]

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-04-01 15:01   
i just find it sad that the bigger part of the player base has gone kluth
and that its not more balanced out. and that how DSA died cuz too many were on 1 side and killed the game eventually.

dont take me wrong i find it great that the kluth relive again, especially after 483 where they had kind a down side. but i had many moments in 483 and now where i find myself alone on the icc side

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Don Nukey of ICC *ACO* on 2009-04-01 15:03 ]

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-04-01 15:02   
play as a faction that cant cloak to hide then you would understand.

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-04-01 15:02   
Quote:

On 2009-04-01 15:01, Fatal Don Nukey of ICC *ACO* wrote:
i just find it sad that the bigger part of the player base has gone kluth
and that its not more balanced out. and that how DSA died cuz too many were on 1 side and killed the game eventually

because kluth is the best / easy faction to be atm.

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-01 15:07   
well we've been kluth for a week in november and i have to say i loved it
more then being uggie for a week.
but my hart lays here with the icc
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Don Nukey of ICC *ACO* on 2009-04-01 15:08 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-01 15:13   
It's all paper/rock/scissors for pete's sake lol.
This is just a neverending cyclic arguement.
I still say just get rid of the cloak. It ain't worth all the spent Kleenex™
Then when you still get whipped, you can find a new thing to blame.

Now we get yelled at because we have more numbers. I give up.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-01 15:14 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-01 15:25   
well you started it when you asked in another thread why there almost not people out there

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-01 15:56   
It should be said that rock paper scissors no longer applies when fifty rocks attack paper.

Email Sens [R33]
Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-01 16:36   
how about rock paper sissoe lizard spock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iapcKVn7DdY&translated=1

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-04-01 16:45   
-sensitivity-

Posted: 2009-04-01 15:56 It should be said that rock paper scissors no longer applies when fifty rocks attack paper.

I would hate to agree with you, but I must. This is the situation which makes me really not want to play anymore, and i think that is what is happening now. I understand that well it is not directly any one k'luths fault I do believe that it is the k'luth as a whole fault, Just from their sheer numbers.

And the fact that the K'luth is suppose to be more of a "loan wolf" or "small group" player style, And is no longer. Imagine say 3-1 odds, except they are all invisible and hard to kill, Now make them faster and easier to get to place to place and have better fire power, and leave the opposing faction with limited supplies and means to fight. That is about what you have now, I may be over dramatizing it a bit, but you get the idea.

If the k'luth had less numbers that would force them to fight in small groups, then that's all that i am going to see. This may seem a little one sided but this is one of the main reasons i am unsubscribed atm, Because of this, and i really think we would see a turn around if something could be done about this.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-01 16:59   
Actually, the K'luth function just as well in small packs as in a large fleet. The difference being that K'luth thrive on the ability to partition the enemy fleet. When K'luth are evenly matched by the enemy at a certain point(typically 8 ships+) they are actually at a disadvantage; reason being that the enemy can focus more firepower on whatever ship decides to poke its head out. However, this requires both precision and teamwork. As it stands, the K'luth are playing the way they have always played; only the only resistance comes in the ideal size and shape for utter anihlation. There is no need for less K'luth, but rather more ICC and UGTO players. All three factions thrive on numbers and then skill. It is that simple; balance the playerbase, balance the game.

Email Sens [R33]
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-01 18:08   
Quote:

On 2009-04-01 15:02, Nim * wrote:

Sorry Nim, its not like I have not played the other sides, just in WOLF I get the scratching I need...

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-01 18:20 ]

Quote:

Thanks Don for answering your statment

See you around a planet... er I meant in combat

Quote:

On 2009-04-01 15:07, Fatal Don Nukey of ICC *ACO* wrote:
well we've been kluth for a week in november and i have to say i loved it
more then being uggie for a week.
but my hart lays here with the icc
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Don Nukey of ICC *ACO* on 2009-04-01 15:08 ]

Don hold you ground, don't let Nim get to you mate.

Quote:

On 2009-04-01 15:56, -sensitivity- wrote:
It should be said that rock paper scissors no longer applies when fifty rocks attack paper.

Yes but paper beats rock...

Quote:

On 2009-04-01 16:45, All Under Heaven wrote:
-sensitivity-

Posted: 2009-04-01 15:56 It should be said that rock paper scissors no longer applies when fifty rocks attack paper.

I would hate to agree with you, but I must. This is the situation which makes me really not want to play anymore, and i think that is what is happening now. I understand that well it is not directly any one k'luths fault I do believe that it is the k'luth as a whole fault, Just from their sheer numbers.

And the fact that the K'luth is suppose to be more of a "loan wolf" or "small group" player style, And is no longer. Imagine say 3-1 odds, except they are all invisible and hard to kill, Now make them faster and easier to get to place to place and have better fire power, and leave the opposing faction with limited supplies and means to fight. That is about what you have now, I may be over dramatizing it a bit, but you get the idea.

If the k'luth had less numbers that would force them to fight in small groups, then that's all that i am going to see. This may seem a little one sided but this is one of the main reasons i am unsubscribed atm, Because of this, and i really think we would see a turn around if something could be done about this.

No I think you really have things wrong... k'luth are telepathic by nature, there for more of a pack mentality... there by the pack tactics, and we need numbers where one on one we last 10 seconds...

Quote:

On 2009-04-01 16:59, -sensitivity- wrote:
Actually, the K'luth function just as well in small packs as in a large fleet. The difference being that K'luth thrive on the ability to partition the enemy fleet. When K'luth are evenly matched by the enemy at a certain point(typically 8 ships+) they are actually at a disadvantage; reason being that the enemy can focus more firepower on whatever ship decides to poke its head out. However, this requires both precision and teamwork. As it stands, the K'luth are playing the way they have always played; only the only resistance comes in the ideal size and shape for utter anihlation. There is no need for less K'luth, but rather more ICC and UGTO players. All three factions thrive on numbers and then skill. It is that simple; balance the playerbase, balance the game.

Here. Here listen to the man...

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2009-04-01 18:43 ]

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-02 01:43   
Quote:
No I think you really have things wrong... k'luth are telepathic by nature, there for more of a pack mentality... there by the pack tactics, and we need numbers where one on one we last 10 seconds...

Holy freakin crap, when was this installed?! I just brought a decent VOIP headset but now I have to buy a bloody telepathy one too?

Ffs.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-02 02:32   
Now you know how we felt in 1.483 for a few years.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-02 03:49   
Quote:

With your rank you should have accepted by now that Luth do cloak, im amaze that this is been brought up by you of all the people, i could understand if this question was ask by a New Guy (noob) in the game but for a Grand Marshal .. LOL

bytheway, without luth you will not have that lots of press, you could hull Kluth easily and have those pres. you can't say the same to others.

Kluth is like a press factory a strategically position ship (planet depots) can have a press more than his ship cost (new resources lost). and still jump out to fight another day.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023626 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR