- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +17.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Abuse of the flaws in the game
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Abuse of the flaws in the game
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-03 23:52   
Now it has gotten to the point that a few older players, (those that have been around for awhile) are teaching newer players to abuse the flaws in the game, if at any time some one wants me to name names ask me, for my list is growing... When you bring this up with them, about working the game and not playing it, the older players keep quite, they do not say a word, but you get stuff from the newer players like oh you can cloak, so it is ok for me to go in and out of the shipyard, or if I was not allowed to do it I would not be able to, or comments of that sort... Now personally I do give a crap, I like this game and those that do not play it as it was meant to be played should be chucked, axed, terminated, in other words tossed out with the garbage... Now I believe that we all know how this game is meant to be played, and I think we should all play it the way it was meant to be played... Right or wrong, or should people be allowed to destroy this game by abusing the flaws that have not yet been fixed by the development team.

Here are few thing from the ROC

Rules of Conduct generally serve two purposes: to let participants know where the boundaries are (boundaries like an imaginary line, rather than a brick wall) and to serve as a guide for moderators to know when Player behavior exceeds those bounds. Once established and published, all users are expected to follow them from day one; as such, immediate reprimands are justified as no one can claim ignorance of the rules. Rules of Conduct also serve to eliminate assumptions and ambiguities in what is acceptable/unacceptable behavior in the context of the particular venue (forum, chat room, in-game, et cetera).

All Players should adhere to the Code of Sportsmanship.
As a game involving more than one Player, all Players should abide by this prime rule: Be honest and fair to one another at all times; win well and lose well.

Exploiting any bug or weakness in the DarkSpace Game System is forbidden.
This includes not only the exploits listed in section 3.3 of this document, Game Exploits, but also anything that clearly provides an advantage for some over others, and is not designed to be that way. Players are required to communicate any bugs or weaknesses they discover to PaleStar via email or any official bug-reporting facilities provided by PaleStar. Distribution and/or publication of information about any bugs or weaknesses in the DarkSpace Game System for the purposes of encouraging exploitation by any other DarkSpace Players and/or Staff is forbidden.

This is not to say that the "short and sweet" version of the rules defines the entirety of what is expected of each and every participant in the DarkSpace Community. Everyone is expected to know, understand, and adhere to the rules in their entirety.

Exploitation
The simplest definition is "playing the game system instead of playing the game". Also, playing the game in ways it is not meant to be played...

So may be a few of you out there should slap your selves for being what you are, or maybe your parents should have taught you better, may be your parents should have slapped you for not learning what was taught you, now how about we play this game the way it was meant to be played and quit exploiting the flaws in the game...

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-04 08:24 ]

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 00:33   
I agree To many players think an exploit/flaw/whatever is ment to be used.

And to add, Moderators/Staff/Admins Really aint doing anything to punish´or give a warning to the exploiters.

Well i havent noticed.

Or say to everyone that those exploits can be used by anyone untill fixed OR say that using em will be Punished for doing so. And you actually punsih em to.

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-04 03:19   
Quote:

On 2009-04-03 23:52, El Guapo wrote:
Ugly annoying snippit...

So many be a few of you out there should slap your selves for being what you are, or maybe your parents should have taught you better, may be your parents should have slapped you for not learning what was taught you, now how about we play this game the way it was meant to be played and quit exploiting the flaws in the game...

Woah there buddy, now that might be taking it a bit far...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 06:28   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-26 21:09 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-04-04 06:59   
Danm! If my other computer was still alive I would have some really jucy pics of this RoC abuse from just about every player here, From the oldest players that still play to the newest players that are still learning the game. The truth is that some RoC things everyone abuses, and pretending that your (poop) stink dosent mean that you are excempt from the list of RoC abusers.

Do I think that the mods/admins should pay a little more attention, yes. But we all haft to remember that these are the same lazy people that we are, so it should come to no suprise that they don't want to come ingame to baby sit and get spammed by "this person did this here" and such.

Really the only thing we can do is try to discourage the new and the old from abusing these bug and such, And hope that the dev team is hard at work finding a solution. But untill then we all haft to try and respect the rules and remind others to respect them too.

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-04-04 07:13   
I understand the fustration the abusers are causing other players i am finding myself often fustrated with sy abusers and to add to it they have also have been abusive for the fact that you killed them and are called
a F***ing noob for doing so, i am reluctant to start naming names as at the moment the cadets in lobby far out wiegh the players in game and feel DS needs all the cash income it can get at this time, but saying that rot needs to be dealt with or it just spreads and becomes harder to deal with.
Well if your expecting a solution for those who are abusing the system with
its flaws,
you can expect a swift fix from the dev team in about 2 weeks™

[ This Message was edited by: DarkScorpion on 2009-04-04 07:25 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 07:35   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 06:59, All Under Heaven wrote:
Danm! If my other computer was still alive I would have some really jucy pics of this RoC abuse from just about every player here, From the oldest players that still play to the newest players that are still learning the game. The truth is that some RoC things everyone abuses, and pretending that your (poop) stink dosent mean that you are excempt from the list of RoC abusers.

Sorry, I disagree. I don't use exploits. I also never see you in game, which means even if I did, you wouldn't be any witness to them whatsoever. You are talking of things you know little of.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-04 07:47   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 07:35, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 06:59, All Under Heaven wrote:

Sorry, I disagree. I don't use exploits. I also never see you in game, which means even if I did, you wouldn't be any witness to them whatsoever. You are talking of things you know little of.

Aww, well that is awesome. because i do recall some jucy pics of you tractoring some poor player in a cruser into a planet (before they fixed it), But then again i must not know what i am talking about

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 07:59   
To be fair DarkSpace moderators do play the game every once in a while. Just because other online games conventionally have their staff actively represented in game does not mean DarkSpace has to follow that format.

I'm sure you have been thrown to death with this but the staff here are just volunteers--they have no obligation to perform their task in ways that the community demands, only in ways that Faustus demands. To enforce them to play the game would be most tolling on the staff.

If you feel so strongly of this, you should make intense use of the /report and screenshot functions.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 09:20   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 07:47, All Under Heaven wrote:

Aww, well that is awesome. because i do recall some jucy pics of you tractoring some poor player in a cruser into a planet (before they fixed it), But then again i must not know what i am talking about

No, actually you do not. I have actually NEVER EVER tractored a ship into a planet. I have tractor pushed bombers off their clouds to get the planetary PD to help, but that is the only time I have ever tractored an enemy ship.

Sorry, phail again. So whatever pics u have, it ain't me.

Az

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-04 09:32   
It would appear as if we are at an im-pass, For I know i (Had) the pictures of it, but no longer do. And that you claim to have no relocation of the event, although you also have no proof.

But it is highly unlikely to say that you have never ever fallen into even one RoC violation ever, its a fun thing to believe, but its just not really possible.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 09:41   
All Under Heaven
Fleet Admiral

Considering I quit the game BEFORE you even started playing, and since I have returned, the tractors no longer effect enemy ships, there is your proof that you have no screenie.

Second, when I quit, I was a moderator. You do not know that because, again, I quit before you even joined the game. If I had been an exploiter, I would have been inelligable to be a moderator. If I had been guilty of exploiting after I was a moderator, I would have been kicked. I am not a moderator because of inactivity, not getting kicked.

Your arguement has more holes than Bito's sandal socks. Stop now while you aren't ahead. lol.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-04 10:36   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 07:59, Bardiche wrote:
To be fair DarkSpace moderators do play the game every once in a while. Just because other online games conventionally have their staff actively represented in game does not mean DarkSpace has to follow that format.

I'm sure you have been thrown to death with this but the staff here are just volunteers--they have no obligation to perform their task in ways that the community demands, only in ways that Faustus demands. To enforce them to play the game would be most tolling on the staff.

If you feel so strongly of this, you should make intense use of the /report and screenshot functions.

I think , we really need to discuss what does mean volunteers. I really would agree with you if faustus had a gun pointing to people head and force them to be a staff member, then u would be 100% right. They wanted to be staff member and now they must feel boring about game . Why we need more than 3 moderators in a freaking lobby never gets more crowd than 40 people max. I think Doran himself is enough to moderate 100 people in lobby all alone. Hence also he never sleeps. He is doing good there.

But as you know becoming a staff member just turned into an ass kissing and licking contest of another higher ranked staff. So Why dont we let people to vote for their moderators? Let players choice their moderators by voting via email or forum whatever u think would be the best , and bring some order to in game process.

Peace!

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 11:18   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 03:19, Ham&Swiss wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-03 23:52, El Guapo wrote:
Ugly annoying snippit...

So many be a few of you out there should slap your selves for being what you are, or maybe your parents should have taught you better, may be your parents should have slapped you for not learning what was taught you, now how about we play this game the way it was meant to be played and quit exploiting the flaws in the game...

Woah there buddy, now that might be taking it a bit far...

Now what is meant by that is the old adage 'Spare the rod, spoil the child.' In to day's huggy make every one feel good world we live in, people are not taught that there are consequences for the acts that you do. People are promoted, advanced, moved on in school and life because to hold them back my hurt their feelings, now really what does that teach people. It teaches them that it is ok to do anything that you want, that it does not matter you will not be punished, that you will be rewarded... Well that really is not the real world works...

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-04 11:19   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 09:32, All Under Heaven wrote:
It would appear as if we are at an im-pass, For I know i (Had) the pictures of it, but no longer do. And that you claim to have no relocation of the event, although you also have no proof.

How do you prove a non-event? He would have to have pictures of EVERY second of his playing to show that he never used a tractor in that manner. Its like me saying that "I'm certain that nobody has ever said 'quaiblohappaflob'." I can never prove that -- but anyone can prove me wrong by providing evidence that it HAS been said.

So in this case, the burden of proof is fully yours.

Plus, I believe Azreal on this.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018049 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR