Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +21.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Abuse of the flaws in the game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Abuse of the flaws in the game
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-04 12:04   
Exploiters have been the death of this game for years. In the old release, people could mirv entires systems flat in minutes, obtaining ungodly amounts of pres for it (We commonly called it the Two Month Grand Admiral). Still others constantly flew ships with bugs that made them almost invincible, ruining the fun of many other players and driving them to quit the game. These flaws were pointed out by players screaming to a deaf admin/moderator crew.

At that time, were on average about 30-40 players (PEOPLE, no NPCs) in the metaverse at any time. Due to ignoring these bugs, people left the game. Within a year, the average player count fell to about the mid teens. At the time, moderators refused to enforce exploiting game flaws, and the population continued to fall.

Now, here we are, just as was predicted by the frustrated players from back when. All the servers read "Low", "Low", "Low", "Low"...... Still players continue to leave and the others continue to exploit.

Soon enough the exploiters will be alone and frustrated at their inability to kill the other exploiters (because they are exploiting), so they too will leave and its bye bye DS.

Grab control of the plane or watch it crash, admins and mods.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-04 12:41   
My negative post sensor is broken.

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 16:24   
i find the biggest irony of this being that two of 483s worse exploiters posted support for punishment for exploiters..

gotta love irony.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-04 17:31   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 06:28, Azreal wrote:
once a week, you may see one of them, but outside of that, they babysit the lobby.

I thought that was the game?

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-04-04 17:46   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 16:24, Veronw wrote:
i find the biggest irony of this being that two of 483s worse exploiters posted support for punishment for exploiters..

gotta love irony.

Exactly!

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-04-04 17:47   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 17:31, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

once a week, you may see one of them, but outside of that, they babysit the lobby.

Game? What game?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Reek Havoc *XO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-04-04 17:52   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 17:47, Coeus [R33] wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Game? What game?

This is a game? I just come here for the free lobby chat.

DarkSpace: ICCU (Fleet tag: =ICC=) is always recruiting ICC pilots! (/clan join =ICC=)

Goto the website of Reek Havoc *XO*
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 18:21   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 17:52, Fatal Reek Havoc *AXO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 17:47, Coeus [R33] wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Game? What game?

This is a game? I just come here for the free lobby chat.

A little of topic but news has it the price of lobby camping is going up.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 18:38   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 10:36, Pakhos wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 07:59, Bardiche wrote:
To be fair DarkSpace moderators do play the game every once in a while. Just because other online games conventionally have their staff actively represented in game does not mean DarkSpace has to follow that format.

I'm sure you have been thrown to death with this but the staff here are just volunteers--they have no obligation to perform their task in ways that the community demands, only in ways that Faustus demands. To enforce them to play the game would be most tolling on the staff.

If you feel so strongly of this, you should make intense use of the /report and screenshot functions.

I think , we really need to discuss what does mean volunteers. I really would agree with you if faustus had a gun pointing to people head and force them to be a staff member, then u would be 100% right. They wanted to be staff member and now they must feel boring about game . Why we need more than 3 moderators in a freaking lobby never gets more crowd than 40 people max. I think Doran himself is enough to moderate 100 people in lobby all alone. Hence also he never sleeps. He is doing good there.

I think dear Sardaukar can attest that I am also frustrated with this movement, but you should consider that three mods in the lobby means one of them can get online and check out in-game abuse when reported.

Quote:
But as you know becoming a staff member just turned into an ass kissing and licking contest of another higher ranked staff. So Why dont we let people to vote for their moderators? Let players choice their moderators by voting via email or forum whatever u think would be the best , and bring some order to in game process.

Peace!

Voting for a moderator is probably the stupidest thing ever. People should volunteer and have something to add to the development/moderation process, not be selected in some vain popularity contest.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-04-04 19:45   
I think there was a mod vote some odd years ago. If I remember it took forever and the person eventually picked (Smartin? Rocko? I can't remember, was a good long while ago) was someone the staff wanted anyway.

Pretty sure it was a DS staff vote...

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-04 20:27   
Smartin was/is a good mod. What we really need are beat cops.
There are some staff that work on development.
Some work on policing the forums.
Some are great for hanging out in the lobby and helping newbies, such as the Doranbot™

What we need are the beat cops. Smartin, Feral, Thorium, JM, and some others were mods that you were more likely to see in the MV than in the lobby. Their very presence deters exploiting, curbs the /y arguements, and makes the would-be exploiter think twice before breaking the RoC. Honestly. I virtually NEVER see a mod in game. If you say that you are in on a different account then that is really a bad thing to do. Having known, active mods that are recognized as who they are is a way to show this game actually still has a pulse.

Two things that I hate about DS right now are this:
Never have I seen the vulgar language so freely fly in the MV. The lack of vulgarity was one reason I really liked this game. I'm old, and old fashioned. I also have kids that play, and I won't let them anymore if it keeps up. Yes I know that you can report it. But used to be some noob would let slip a word, everyone would ask him to please watch his language and warn him he could get booted if he got caught by a mod. The offender would laugh, apologize, thank everyone for the warning/advice, then seldom if ever repeat the offense. Not now. Now they curse you, tell you "you aren't a Mod, shut the **** up!", like I saw happen the other day to a fellow K'luthy when he warned somebody. Mods IN GAME would fix that.

The other is the way almost every PvP action digresses to a /y arguement/insult fest. I am so sick of it, when it starts, I log off. I can't wait for good PvP. I love fighting combat. When I see players on, I want to fight. I even let them escape and live, so they will keep coming back alot of times. (Honest, I do! lol). But when the /y garbage starts, I don't care how good the PvP is, I just log off.

Where is the civility that used to exist in this community? I admit, even I have gotten snippy a time or two. I hate it, and I apologize. We all log on this game for entertainment and fun. We shouldn't need beat cops, because most of us have known each other for years, and should be quite capable of self-policing and self-discipline. Aren't most of us friends, and if not, our friends are friends of each other? It was always that community uniqueness that really made DS great.

Lord knows, it isn't the Two Week™ hotfixxes.

I know this sounds preachy, and again I am sorry. I just want to see people actually having fun again, and where there are game issues, work together to get the staff to get them fixxed.

After all, shouldn't it be us, the players, VS THEM of the staff? How else are going to get this game cracking with new fresh faces again?

Az

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-05 15:42 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-04 22:41   
wouldn't it be great if mods could just log on for 5 seconds and observe the reported offender to check the validity or reports?

Email Sens [R33]
Point Of No Return
Chief Marshal
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-04-04 23:13   
hey Az (cough) cloak quick logging to evade missle tracking and enemy fire targeting locks? pics need not apply.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2009-04-04 23:52   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 23:13, Point Of No Return wrote:
hey Az (cough) cloak quick logging to evade missle tracking and enemy fire targeting locks? pics need not apply.

What are you talking about?

In all my days, I have never seen Az or any other kluth for that matter quicklog for anything except desync issues...

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-04 23:52   
Not that its the point of the thread, but we've never had a public vote for mods. We've had public nominations, but the voting has always been internal to the mods - ie, we take a poll within the mod staff on who should join (either from a list of applicants, or from watching the community). Sometimes there has been the public nominations component, but not always (and not recently).

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019758 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR