Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Abuse of the flaws in the game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Abuse of the flaws in the game
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 00:00   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-26 21:16 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-04-05 07:56   
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 23:52, Shigernafy wrote:
Not that its the point of the thread, but we've never had a public vote for mods. We've had public nominations, but the voting has always been internal to the mods - ie, we take a poll within the mod staff on who should join (either from a list of applicants, or from watching the community). Sometimes there has been the public nominations component, but not always (and not recently).

Well if you would post list of nominations and allow the players from each faction to vote for there Mod who it would think suits the job best it would at least give
the players a feeling of input rather than who you like best on staffs friends list i just feel its time for change.

[ This Message was edited by: DarkScorpion on 2009-04-05 07:58 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-04-05 08:41   
As Bardiche said elsewhere, part of the power of DS law lies in the hands of the users, the sacred /report command. Even if the entire staff were ingame, we'd doubtlessly miss many things- a "beat cop" especially, as they'd only be able to effectively police their own faction (a frustration I've experienced many times doing this), and it wouldn't stop the worst offenders who have the patience to wait for them to leave. By being on standby to help the odd new user and tap into chat, we can access the tools to recieve and act on reported offenses, even though it will still take some time in certain cases.

In the months I've been honored to be on the moderator team, I have seen all of three proper /reports. We cannot take effective action without proper evidence and information.

http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=42285&forum=33&1

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2009-04-05 08:42 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 08:47   
Quote:

On 2009-04-05 07:56, DarkScorpion wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-04 23:52, Shigernafy wrote:
Not that its the point of the thread, but we've never had a public vote for mods. We've had public nominations, but the voting has always been internal to the mods - ie, we take a poll within the mod staff on who should join (either from a list of applicants, or from watching the community). Sometimes there has been the public nominations component, but not always (and not recently).

Well if you would post list of nominations and allow the players from each faction to vote for there Mod who it would think suits the job best it would at least give
the players a feeling of input rather than who you like best on staffs friends list i just feel its time for change.

[ This Message was edited by: DarkScorpion on 2009-04-05 07:58 ]

I think teh current system is based on who applies and volunteers.

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 11:58   
Quote:

On 2009-04-05 08:41, Sardaukar wrote:
As Bardiche said elsewhere, part of the power of DS law lies in the hands of the users, the sacred /report command. Even if the entire staff were ingame, we'd doubtlessly miss many things- a "beat cop" especially, as they'd only be able to effectively police their own faction (a frustration I've experienced many times doing this), and it wouldn't stop the worst offenders who have the patience to wait for them to leave. By being on standby to help the odd new user and tap into chat, we can access the tools to recieve and act on reported offenses, even though it will still take some time in certain cases.

In the months I've been honored to be on the moderator team, I have seen all of three proper /reports. We cannot take effective action without proper evidence and information.

http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=42285&forum=33&1

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2009-04-05 08:42 ]

Well now maybe I can get an answer on the above link, for I once asked a mod how to and was given the above link. Then I ask the mod where to submit the report and was ignored. Now maybe, just maybe those in the conductor outfit could put in that link where to submit the reports that you would like us to submit... Thank you that would be helpful, better than ignoring someone that has just been handed a beating by a person in a station that yoyoed in and out of a shipyard to get position and the kill, then the person is given that link and ignored for along long time, nothing will twist your shorts in a knot faster than that... so a who, what, when, where, and a whom and a how to submit it would be nice, once again I will thank you for repairing that link for it is lacking... fixy fixy please, quick quick, before someone else ends up chasing their tail...

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-04-05 12:20   
As far as I know, anywhere. Screenshots? Upload them and either PM them to a staff member or include the link in the original /report. Same for the rest. There is a really wonderful utility called Dropbox that makes this easy; you just drop the items in your designated Public folder and dropbox will start uploading them, rightclicking the file will give you Dropbox options, among them "retrieve public link". In many situations a moderator will go ingame to verify the report, but can only act on witnessed transgressions. The evidence needs to be linked at some point during or after the report for conclusive action if the violations cease before a mod can see them firsthand.

EDIT - emphasis on "PM" for chatlogs and multiple screenshots. It's always best to send those in private forum messages for posterity.
[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2009-04-05 12:23 ]

Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-05 22:02   
You know what I think some people are taking things way to seriously in the MV lately Azreal, and considering every flame war has started in the heat of and after a battle, I can at least sort of understand why they would start typing like that...sometimes. As you said however, this game has a rating, and it should be upheld. What I cannot stand is the fact that the other 95% of /y chat is the same old stuff, kluth cloaking, planet hugging, etc etc etc, around and around we go. Give it a rest, its apart of the game its time to deal with that fact.

Now I'm not going to lie, I like to poke fun at people in the MV, mabye a joke or two after a battle or whatever, but thats all in good fun, and I think that is perfectly alright. I'm sure some of these other flame wars start this way as you said, and thats just ridiculous. A little banter back and forth never hurt anything, as long as its in good humour, it keeps things interesting.

Everyone just needs to have fun, and relax!

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-04-05 23:09   
I think that this situation brings to the light the real problem in Darkspace. It's not that there is smack in the game, but rather the quality of the smack in the game. Now, I have not played regularly in quite some time, but the overwhelming consensus in this thread is what I saw when I did play; stale, unoriginal smack.

I will be holding a class to help rectify this problem. Dates and times forthcoming.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.023002 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR