Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +17.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » note to Faustus
 Author note to Faustus
xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 22:38   
Darkspace is an amazing game and all it needs is someone to take more of an interest in it. You dont have to make any major changes to it, just tweak a few problem areas.

1-- increase the ability of planets to defend themselfs

2-- stop the abuse of shipyards with a time retriction

3-- fix the dictors on planets

By fixing these 3 things you would greatly improve game play in Darkspace.

Until you have fixed the bugs and the exploits stop trying to add new thing s to the game.

I wish you the best of luck

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 22:42   
Faustus is always flushing out the little bugs and exploits, the new stuff is the stuff made public, that's why it only seems like he is dinkin around...

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
DarkNoble
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-06 02:15   
Wow

Whats this the 6th post about the few gitches/bugs in game..
i agree with xTx.. and jBud of all bugs in the game these 3 seem the best to fix..
There some other one's that would seem hard to fix.. but comon like j said faus just relase this earlyversion to see what would happen .. If it could be done.. and to see how much it would hog the sever..

1.517 beta on paper seem to fix some of these bug.. maybe 1.517b can fix the shipyard bugs.. and dictor =D But there one big fix/tweak for 1.517 that will coz alot of trouble,and prob why its taking so long..

1.518 for mission and grouping .. praying to hit before the summer.. but i c it more like 1.6 =( I think u guys are doing a good job dev/coders.. but yes it's hard.. you guys done alot we just here grasping for more coz this game rocks and we see the light and what this can become.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 02:24   
Grouping was done by Faustus, as far as I know, it is in the current game code, just waiting to be activated... As for missions, no one but maybe Faustus knows what is taking Maverick soo long to finish, I last talked to him a month ago and he said he was working out 1 more bug and it would release within a week, obviously something else happened...

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-04-06 02:34   
Yes your right jbud something else did happen 2 weeks™

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-06 06:53   
Quote:

On 2009-04-05 22:38, xTx wrote:
Darkspace is an amazing game and all it needs is someone to take more of an interest in it. You dont have to make any major changes to it, just tweak a few problem areas.

1-- increase the ability of planets to defend themselfs

2-- stop the abuse of shipyards with a time retriction

3-- fix the dictors on planets

By fixing these 3 things you would greatly improve game play in Darkspace.

Until you have fixed the bugs and the exploits stop trying to add new thing s to the game.

I wish you the best of luck

Dont forget the rear arc bug, thats a real headache at the moment for players to actually stay in any fights for a lenght of time. No news on this being fixed, when it will be fixed.

Also for Kluth only there is a signature outage (full details included detailed screens have been forwarded onto support@palestar) the signature doubles after you entered some form of combat. If you quick log it disappears. Not a big issue but an issue still the same for us K'luth players who need every second possible for cloaking and uncloaking.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-06 07:13   
So say [Admin]xTx, so it shall be done!

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-06 08:48   
You know, you say that the game is awesome.

And yet you critisize it at every day of every week.

You say that can be improved.

Yet you imply that the developers are useless

You say that you want it improved.

And yet you just say what has to be improved, and make no effort to see this through and contribute positively to the Darkspace community and to the game as a whole.

If you do not like the fact that Faustus and the other developers have spent so many hours of their free time (UNPAID) to make this game as awesome as it is right now, and you just want more, take a hike I say.

You want a better, more involving game, and yet you have not actually made any actual content for DS. You haven't submitted code, you haven't submitted graphics, you haven't submitted actual fixes to the game, you have only stated what the bugs are, and you expect the devs to fix it instantly.

As far as I recall, there is over a hundred different files in the .Data part of Darkspace (I was looking for screenshots recently), each with probably hundreds of lines of coding in them. If you want to get something fixed, you become a dev, and you go and find the inclination and willingness to fix the game, when all the playerbase does is moan at you all the time.

Stop moaning and let the developers do their job for which they do not get paid.

-Delta

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-06 08:58   
I don't know, I thought this was one of the better threads that bring up problems with the game. Thanks for your support, though.

Email Shigernafy
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-06 10:03   
Quote:

On 2009-04-06 08:58, Shigernafy wrote:

Yes, but problems with the game should not be totally blown out of all proportion with links to them on the front page of the site. Problems are to be e-mailed to Faustus (as I believe he said a few months back.)

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-06 16:05   
People prefer to see things get done, and with Darkspace track record, I see why people would post to get a response, to put them at ease.

And don't be so defensive Delta! It's only a game, Whats worse, topic about bugs and changes that need to be addressed or a topic about bugs and changes that need to be addressed with replies all OMG DONT TALK BOUT THAT RUIN GAME RAAAAAAGE.

<3 Slinki

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-06 17:32   
How about doing what Faustus said and E-mailing the bugs instead of shouting them out on the forums? How about making actually useful topics instead of re-iterating what other people have said NINE TIMES OVER?

Plus, I was grumpy this morning.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-06 18:20   
Well there's something to be said for public posts. Even if they don't get a response, that is a response, or at least a message from Palestar. Having all feedback done privately, while not "airing dirty laundry" or whatnot, doesn't provide any sort of idea on what's going on in the background -- even if that's nothing. Of course, if nothing's happening, it might be worthwhile to not highlight that. But by the same token, there have been periods of great activity and bug squashing, which might not get much recognition.

sadly, now is not one of those times..

Basically, if the communication methods between staff and players are all private, those who aren't involved in those communications naturally crave information. These recent threads are just that manifesting itself.

At least, that's how I see it.

Email Shigernafy
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-06 18:22   
Thats what we have been doing, or at least I have and a few others I know anyway, as mentioned in my post above submitting a detail report with multipul screens of a bug.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 18:38   
Bugs go to support@palestar.com when I find em. They do read said Emails....

Page created in 0.021627 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR