No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » darkspace
 Author darkspace
t500
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-29 20:40   
a call to save DS!!

if you agree/disagree post here, try not to make it too negative I don't wanna be starting a flame war

1.darkspace as it is

we can not hold on to new User
well the team AI are cool but thay are a bit to dume.
it is to hard to make pres.
thar is not a good User bace
thar is not a nuff staff that no wut thay are doing.
the staff do not get on a lot
the game can get rilly borig wen thar is no 1 to kill but AI
and so on...and so on!

2.how we can save darkspace

we need to find a way to hold on to new User.
we need to fix ALL the bugs.
we need to have a ship that can kill a dread and no not a new dread!
we need to get new User and we all need to help!
we need to give input and the staff must give it a chans
well this can go on all night but i ant going to.

DS can be come the new eve if we help.

go out and find new User so we can pach awre self up.

her is some thots

a DS based FPS
all ships have a in side right
and planets have a srfes

make a FPS that fits right in to the game its self
you can figh in the ship to cap it or to save it
fight on planet to cap it or save it

new ship

landing craft
can cary User frum ship to ship or ship to planet

put money back in to the game
you can bye new guns for the FPS
and you have to bye your ship
if it get capt you have to bye it back!
if you get killd you have to bye it back
ships are not free!

well i can go on but i got to get to slepp

Email t500
codenemesis
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-29 21:18   
Okay, first off, I want to get this out of the way, throughout your entire I was having difficulty reading it, and for a good portion of the time I've been online I myself typed in such away, I ask that either you fix all the spelling/grammar mistakes yourself or have someone do it for you, PLEASE. I am not doing this to be harsh, but it is really difficult for me to read.

Now, onto my suggestion...

As I'm sure a few of you are aware I haven't been on much at all. I stick to playing EVE and a few other games. (as far as you know) In this time I have actually played a number of different games and visited many servers. There are a few I would like to point out for various reasons..

Sassilization (GMod server) / Space Station 13 (BYOND client)

These are two games that I believe have a very good staff base, which is absolutly crucial to the survival of the game, as the OP stated above.
They have successful staff in my opinion because:

1) They hold recruitment drives:

Yup, you heard me, recruitment drives. The owners and admins of the server post on the forums and allow people to talk in-game about becoming admins and mods in the game, they allow several people to apply, have the current admins and mods look over these applications, and narrow down the possibilities to normally around 10-15 people, which they make mods/admins/staff members/etc.

I think DS should do something similiar, I believe we do need more staff. I hardly ever see more then one staff member on at a time, and those that are always seem to be AFK. Now, of course, I've no clue what they are really doing, it is just as possible that they are helping devolop the game and fix bugs, but I believe there should be many more active staff members. I say hold a recruitment drive, have people with an account older than 6 months to a year apply in a thread posting about there previous experience at moderating/administrating and why they believe they would be an asset to the community.

TL;DR - Have a thread that allows people with an account that is at least 6 months old to apply, perhaps monthly or quarterly.

2) Hire people with some amount of training in programming / modeling.

Okay, I am getting a little tired and aggravated of 3rd parties in the background so I am going to make this part as short as possible.

Allow people with at least some amount of training in programming or modelling to help with the game, there will probably be few canidates but you are able to accomplish 2 goals with this.

1) Give other people experience in programming/design, a valuable tool for anyone. They learn through doing and have supervision from those with more experience.

2) After having supervised new devs, you can leave them to do more miniscule, but still slightly important things, while you can focus on major bug fixes and what not. Also, you could let these new devs devolop new material for the game (which perhaps not the most important, but still quite vital) helping to expand the playerbase with new content ararararara....

Yah, TL;DR...

*falls asleep with face in a bowl of ice-cream*

[ This Message was edited by: codenemisis on 2009-04-29 22:11 ]
00:44:23 Feralwulf: \"I am, therefore I ban\"

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-04-29 22:12   
As a member of the DarkSpace community, I'd like to welcome this thread to three years ago.

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-30 12:16   
Use. A. Spellchecker. NOW.

t500
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-30 13:00   
Quote:

On 2009-04-30 12:16, Deltaflyer [R33] wrote:
Use. A. Spellchecker. NOW.

mmm......

Email t500
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-04-30 13:55   
(t500, I fixed what I could I hope this helps readers.)

A call to save DS!!

If you agree/disagree post here, try not to make it too negative I don't wanna be starting any flame war...

1.DarkSpace as it is...

We can not hold on to new User.
Well the team AI are cool, they are a bit to dumb.
It is to hard to make pres.
There is not a good User base.
There is not enough staff that no what they are doing.
The staff don't get online a lot.
The game can get really boring when there is no one to kill but AI.
And so on...and so on!

2.How we can save Darkspace.

We need to find a way to hold on to new User.
We need to fix ALL the bugs.
We need to have a ship that can kill a dread and no not a new dread!
We need to get new user and we all need to help!
We need to give input and the developers must give it a chance.
Well this can go on all night but I'm not going to.

DarkSpace can be come the new eve if we help.

Go out and find new User so we can patch ourselves up.

Here are some thoughts:
A DarkSpace based FPS.
All ships have a inside (right)- do you mean (Sight).
And planets have a (surface).

Make a FPS that fits right in to the game itself.
You can fight in the ship to capture it or to defend it.
Fight on planet to cap it or save it.

New ship:
Landing craft
Can carry User from ship to ship, or ship to planet.

Put Credits back into the game.
You can buy new guns and armor for the FPS.
And you have to buy your ship.
If it get captured you have to buy it back!
If your ship gets Destroyed you have to buy it back.
Ships are not free!

Well I can go on but I haft to get to sleep.

t500
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-30 14:44   
ty

Email t500
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-30 17:44   
What are the staff doing? Dillgiently writting scripts for projects planned to be implemented in the future while somehow managing to moderate the lobby...

Email Sens [R33]
Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-05-01 10:05   
t500 you are right on the spot we keep losing players because there not enough players online and certaintly not enough admins/mods online to keep everybody happy.

you should also make it so that dread's are not the answer to everything. because now you don't need a balanced fleet because there is a thing called dreadnaught. huge amount of guns kills everything including joy. dont make em weaker just make it that they can hardly turn so that they need to rely on other ships to cover there rear side. my advice look back in history how fleets where made. because they alwasy have been the same way more or less. you always had one or two main ships in the center the big guns could barely turn and where slow but defastating (dreads) these where surounded by smaller ships to hold of attacks. because in real live and history one thing has been proven. big ships can be sunk easily by ships far smaller. try the following

ships now are made in such a way they will almost do reasonbly well in almost every situation. try to chance this a bit. give each faction a split in the ship types. make it 6 main types

command
this would only be of concern if they managet to get the fleets working. i have put it here hoping that they would. but these ships should be able to give orders to ships much like everybody was jused to give orders. maybe with a lilte fine tuning so that people can decide who gets the order.

bombing

wich i do not have to say anything about

support

a.k.a. agincourt MD and the luth ship of wich i forgot the name sorry luth. sensor ships dico's and suply's. here i have very litle to say aldo i think it might do good to make a dico dessy with a smaller dic range (500gu) and a sensor dessy or cruiser wich would last in batle and would make a great deal of difference because of its electronic warfare. electronic warfare isn't only for small scouts let them be scouts going ahead of the fleet. not ships you need to fly in mid batle to give your allies a overview. that is the role of a bigger ship. wich would not die instantly. also make a lookalike for the luth with staggering amounts of ecm because they do not need to c far they need to be able to cloack fast. also the idea of a batle suply a cruiser with limited weapons (weapon layout like a dico) but with 1 suply's wich would make sence in a fleet not to only have suply's who are fragile and cannot last in combat but also have 1 that could function in mid combat.

ausault

ships with a huge amount of frontal armor and a staggering amount of torps and engines (like the old ugto TC but that is mild compared whith what i mean) lasers mean nothing to these ships because it has no point def maybe HVCL or A-DISR it is designed to hit a ship from out of the blau and get out. with high speed and get out. it does not mean that it needs to jump out but ships in this class do need very high speed to make up with for there low armor/shield.

defence

ships with a big amount lasers and a reasonible amount guns. much a like the current pd class but with a bit less lasers and a bit more guns so they can also keep small ships at a distance. no missiles at all because these ships are not ment for long range warfare. these ships are ment to keep planets/stations/dreads save from small threahts such as destroyers frigates fighters and missiles.

all round

these ships are to fill up gapes in formation they carry a bit of everything like on ugto the batle class ships in icc the combat class ships aldo these ships are weaker than ausault class ships and have less defence than defence class ships they are needed to keep the fleet alive they make counter attaks but return to formation to defend if things go bad.

this post is probebly full of gramar mistakes i am very sorry for that. and it is a lot of work to implent stuff like this. but if admins ask me if i could help i would love 2. i like the game but as it is it is dying

The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2009-05-01 19:34   
Darkspace is dying. I know by not playing, I'm not helping it but it just seems so pointless to play anymore. It is a shame really because Darkspace could easily be such an awsome game. Many times have I thought about how much I would love the game if only it was playing as it should.

(1) We need people. We should have organized FLEETS fighting against each other, not these tiny skirmishes between a couple ships. We are lucky to get 5 people fighting at a time. Fleet combat is what I dream of. Its what I play for. However, there is none, never really has been actually for as long as I have played.
If it had this, Darkspace would be a truely awesome game. Other games won't work. Darkspace is like a RTS (real time strategy) game where all the units are controlled by humans. That reason is why it would work so well.

(2) We need something to fight for or over. The planets need to be valuable, not these useless chunks of rocks they are now. They need to be hard to capture and worth something when you do cap one. To capture a planet now is so pointless and easy it really takes a big part of the game away. Darkspace needs to be about combat and CONQUEST.

(3) The factions must be balanced. If you ask me though, I think they ARE balanced for the most part. One minor change I would make would be to the beacons. I think they should work like the old version beacons, where once you are beaconed cloak is useless. I would stick them on more ships also, though maybe make them slower or something. It shouldn't be TOO easy to beacon every ship that comes in range.
It also seems silly to me that cloak hides burning hulls. Yes, I am kluth and I know this would make the game harder for us but I also know we can take it ; )

(4) The ship classes must be balanced. Having said this, I am and always have been, even when lower ranked, a firm believer of bigger ships being better. A single ship should never, unless the larger ship is a complete idiot, be able to take on a larger ship by its self. A 2:1 ratio should be a close battle and a 3:1 ratio should always have the smaller ships winning. (changes for skill level do apply of course)

(5) Shipyards should be valuable. I would take away spawning at transfer gates, though maybe allow you to spawn from your own faction's gate if there are no shipyards available.

(6) Let the newbies use supply ships so they can actually do something.

(7) Faction hoping should be greatly discouraged somehow.

(8) As for bugs. I can tolerate alot if the game IS FUN. Of course some attempt to fix them would be helpful and will need to be done eventually to stop the game from collapsing. As for cheaters or game abusers, just having more people would help that.

Whoa! this turned out to be alot longer than I intended, but it basically sums up my thoughts about the game's state and how I wish the game was. I guess I can keep dreaming...

the Silent Threat...

Page created in 0.025904 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR