No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Ship unable to spawn: Server: not enough cargo space
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Ship unable to spawn: Server: not enough cargo space
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-05-19 17:36   
I have tried to spawn with all "THOSE" unselected. It won't spawn.

I am not the only one with this issue!

WHAT CAN THE THE DS STAFF DO HELP WITH THIS?

HELP DS STAFF...

ASKING FOR HELP DS STAFF!!!!

DS STAFF... ...PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM????

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-19 17:51   
and all you hear is the rustling of the wind.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-05-19 19:57   
I might be mustaken, but wasent there a while back when they released a update that reduced the general cargo capacity of most of the dreads.

So, I am just thinking out loud, but maybe you had say 5 inf on that ship before the update, now that the update has happened and the cargo space on that ship is now 4. That might be the problem with it causing it to show up as -1 cargo space.

And I know you are looking for an admin to give a leanghty explanation of this matter, but I wouldent hold your breath.

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-05-19 20:44   
Quote:

On 2009-05-19 19:57, All Under Heaven wrote:
I might be mustaken, but wasent there a while back when they released a update that reduced the general cargo capacity of most of the dreads.

So, I am just thinking out loud, but maybe you had say 5 inf on that ship before the update, now that the update has happened and the cargo space on that ship is now 4. That might be the problem with it causing it to show up as -1 cargo space.

And I know you are looking for an admin to give a leanghty explanation of this matter, but I wouldent hold your breath.

interesting, but then wouldnt that effect everyone else? speically me, cause i always have max infs on my ships.

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-05-20 05:30   
Come on staff how long does it take to give some info back on this!

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-20 06:15   
Two Weeks.

Funny joke, ain't it?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-05-20 07:19   
Perhaps nobody knows? I personally haven't seen or run into this problem before, personally or via emailed/PMd/posted/whispered complaint. Since I can't just glance at code and go "oh, it thinks you're a badger, which aren't allowed to fly dreads", I can't offer an immediate solution. I expect nobody else knows either, and rather than have every single staff post and say "no idea, sorry".. its easier to just not post at all.

Not that this helps any. But I'm sure the lack of a response is more a reflection of our being just as puzzled as you, more than it is some sort of malicious attempt to keep the playerbase ignorant of developer conspiracies.

I assume you tried to remove one of the armors (or two) from storage and see if that helps? I know you can't do anything to the ship itself, but maybe the garage is confused?

I tried to get on last night to talk the issue over, since I saw LAG in the server.. but my connection was going haywire and would disconnect me about every thirty seconds, so I gave up after 10 minutes of not being able to do anything.

The easiest solution might just be to delete it. I can replace his enhancements.

Email Shigernafy
*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-05-20 07:39   
Thanks for responding, if you can replace our enhancements then thats good for me, ill be in work all night now so when i get home ill check on whats going on.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-20 11:30   
Quote:

On 2009-05-20 07:19, Shigernafy wrote:

The easiest solution might just be to delete it. I can replace his enhancements.

Easiest, and only.... The cargo is stuck in his ship, he wont be able to spawn it unless the shipyard code is changed to let a ship, with more cargo already in the ship than it's designed for, be spawned...

Deleting cargo from the shipyard wont change a thing, the cargo is only removed from the ship upon docking; not that it's a bad idea to always keep room in your shipyard storage though. It would certainly avoid this bug in reticular

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-05-22 02:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-05-22 02:04 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-05-21 22:09   
Hey, sorry I haven't managed to get online much... I was out of town recently and have since had problems with my computer and my connection. Hopefully I can get it sorted soon and get online over the weekend or something and help you all out with this.

I know we have a reputation for slowness, but I'm not trying to be slow or useless on this... just can't seem to stay in the server or indeed even online for very long. Whenever I do manage to stay online, though, I'll try to find you guys and sort this out. Your continued patience is appreciated.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017416 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR