No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Is it over?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Is it over?
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-05-20 13:14   
I have played this game a very long time. (Since Beta) I really loved the game throughout most of that time, even with whatever annoyances were attached to any given version. I have enjoyed bringing 4 different accounts to Fleet Admiral and one of those to Grand Admiral.

My only complaint aout this game, ever, was the lack of active players. I don't blame the devs or whatever, it is what it is, people just don't seem to play the game like they once did. There was a time when I could spend 3 straight days in my office battling against ICC and UGTO and just have a blast doing it.

I have been checking, and lately since my band has lightened up out schedule I have had a lot of free time, so over the last couple of months I have checked the servers every couple of days, some times 2 or 3 times a day at times rannging from 10am to 8pm to 3am and all the servers indicate "Low" population all the time.

Sadly, I must uninstall the game and just move on to another. I had a lot of fun while here. Met some really cool gamers, Darkspace was an all around great gaming experience and I will say worth the several hundred dollars and hours I invested in it.

I am playing Navy Field now. Just started the other day. Great game, fleet tactics and stuff. Not nearly as pretty as DS, and lacking a Metaverse type server (which is a real downer) but it is a great game and I am getting my tactical fix on in that game for now. I have mentioned DS over there and a couple of players have commented that "DS was a fun game".

Anyhow to those that stick around here have fun, and I am sure F will send out an email notification if there is ever a DS2. I will occasionally check back to see if there has been a sudden influx of players.

`spaivxx

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-20 13:33   
People play, check the timestamp for my post, right now the pop in Sag is medium and will be for the next 5-6 hours, it's only during the daytime(where I am) that the people come out but it is fun to play during these times reconsider leaving, forever at least, because people leaving will not help the population one bit.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-05-20 13:34   
on what server you play navy field, i'm on the new york server

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-05-20 16:28   
Quote:

On 2009-05-20 13:14, .spaivxx. wrote:
I am playing Navy Field now. Just started the other day. Great game, fleet tactics and stuff.

Once you hit level 50, you realize how stupid the game is.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-05-20 21:51   
Quote:

On 2009-05-20 16:28, Dr. Fattierob, M.D. PhD wrote:
Quote:

I am playing Navy Field now. Just started the other day. Great game, fleet tactics and stuff.

need to hit level 50 to understand if game is stupid?

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-05-20 22:03   
Quote:

On 2009-05-20 16:28, Dr. Fattierob, M.D. PhD wrote:
Quote:

Nah, 60.

Cause then you can't blitzkrieg in your sexy CAs and be cool.

Email Supertrooper
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-20 22:08   
Navyfield is fun but flawed. It gets a lot more boring once you can't Blitz and the community is terrible. Carriers are severely weakened compared to their real life counterparts too, due to the small size of maps which negate the range advantage they should have.

I can give you the name of the space game I'm currently playing if you want , while I lurk here and watch for signs of a turnaround. It's addictive and way deeper than it first looks.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-05-20 22:44   
MrSparkle, please do. I am still searching for the perfect "waste countless hours immersing myself in a game" online strategy game. I was hoping to maybe get back into SFC II, OP or SFC III but noone iplaying them anymore.

I would play a game with little black and white dots as the graphics if it had deep enough tactical or strategic gameplay. PVP is an absolute must, there is NO joy in outwitting AI. If there is an addictive, strategic, immersive mmog out there, that will run on my poor 1.7 ghz laptop, I need to know about it.

If it is in poor taste to post here, you can reply directly to my email. shawnabrams@hotmail.com

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-05-20 22:57   
Love how this turned into a Navy Field discussion...

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-05-20 23:01   
If you want to get into Eve, I can offer you a space in the GoonFleet corporation within the GoonSwarm alliance. Simply send me 300 million isk for application processing and I'll see to it that you're allowed in and your deposit refunded.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-05-21 00:29   
I owuld have gotten into EVE 2 years ago but for the past two years every computer in the house is under 2ghz processor and no real video cards. i am limited to games with old or simple graphics.

BTW I play NF on the Ney York server, took 2 days to get to lvl 40 with USA, now about there with RN, about to level another RN crew up and then progress to a BB.

I would love NF as much as I did this game if it had a persistent MV type thing. That's what I want, a game where there is an ongoing war, and I can log in for a half hour or several days and participate. I want a game that while I am doing other things stays in my mind. I have played shows with my band in the past and wondered if the push into Sol that had begun that day was successful or not while I was on stage. I want another game to grab me like this one did.

I really loved Mankind, but what a clunky, non intuitive interface it had. I actually tried recently to get back into it. I don't care if it building empires of castles and knights, soaceships, fleet tactics, RTS, Trun Based, Browser Based, Sci Fi, Fantasy, etc.... just looking for a good strategy/tactical mmog with some kind of persistent war server and PVP that I can play on my 1.7 ghz laptop.

Working on either getting more, or better paying gigs, or adding a day job to suppliment my income, when I do A) I won't have as much time to game so it won't matter as much and B)I will be able to afford a really nice PC so the processor and GFX card won't be an issue.

Honestly, if there were people playing DS when I logged in, we would not even be having this discussion. For a few years I was content to play just DS, Cossacks Risk (on the PS) and whatever Command and Conquer games were out at the time.
[ This Message was edited by: .spaivxx. on 2009-05-21 00:31 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-05-21 05:49   
Tried Navyfield and i must admit its cinda boring

Anywas what game u thinking of mrsparkle?

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-05-21 06:54   
well i'm at a point now in NF that is really getting boring to lvl up
my BO is at lvl 80 and i need 9 lvl to get an iowa but it takes so long
my avarage battle get me 5000 xp and i need like 2 million before i can get my iowa

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-21 13:07   
Only thing that turned me off to Navyfield was pretty much the lack of any kind of coherent community and after a while, repetitively boring leveling.

It would be really awesome if they had a persistent map.

-Ent

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-05-21 17:52   
I love how long this thread has lasted...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020339 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR