No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Is it over?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Is it over?
Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2009-05-26 13:28   
It will never be over aslong as the players stick together

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-05-26 13:56   
Quote:
On 2009-05-26 13:28, Admiral Alucard wrote:

Have we even met ?

Stay healty .Spaivxx, and drop by from time to time.

and
p.s. DarkSpace will die one day, but it ain't 2187 yet. so lets party!

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-05-26 14:08   
Was spav the guy that got busted for selling drugs? I think it was him. That was an awesome story.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-05-27 23:08   
Quote:

On 2009-05-26 13:56, Eledore ICC Massis [R33] wrote:
Quote:

Have we even met ?

and

Yeah that was me, my whole world, nice 6 figure income, business I spent years building, nice home, happy life, all gone because I let my guard down and trusted the wrong person... Happens I guess. Though I am dirt poor now and live gig to gig playing guitar for a living, playing cover tunes and stuff, I guess I can honestly say I am much better off now. But i still miss the freedom, power and money of my old life.

Well as some of yall said it would, Navy Field is beginning to lose it's charm. For close to two weeks I played every chance I got, and I still like the game, but I can see where it won't hold my interest all that long. My laptop is too crappy for Eve or any other newer or graphically intense game, so... I am going to spend much of tonite hunting down a new game. I have a folder full of shortcuts to various mmog strategy games, time to begin the tedium of trying them out.

I may end up reinstalling this game and just farming AI, but that is it's own hell in a way. It is cool at first but then this overwhelming boredom sets in. I thought about just making my own game, either in C+ or Java, nothing very graphically intense (because I am not actually a programmer, just a guy who plays around with the stuff sometimes).

I found a site to play Star Fleet Battles online but it looks dead. You would figure with all the geeks in the world that there would be this awesome amount of online strategy gaming going on. I am not talking about C&C and stuff, but real armchair General/Admiral kind of stuff. I would play a game of little black and white picels in which all the action was done off screen and the results displayed in text if it offered a deep enough strategic gaming experience.

I just want to find a fun, engrossing mmog that will run on my crappy laptop and has enough of a player base that I can get my game on whenever my schedule allows, is this so much to ask?

Hell if DS had 20 people in the MV at any given time I would gladly pitch my 9.99 a month into the kitty. Sadly, for me, the best times to play are between 11pm and 5am EST, and apparently that is when there is the least amount of activity.

Oh well that is my rant.....

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-28 00:15   
You never checked out that other game I posted? There's always a lot of people playing at all times of day.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-05-28 01:10   
Just played SS for a bit. I donno, feels more like Asteroids han some fleet ops game. I will check it some more tomorrow, it does seem to have a variety of ships and items and such.

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2009-05-28 02:55   
Quote:

On 2009-05-27 23:08, .spaivxx. wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Have we even met ?

and

Yeah that was me, my whole world, nice 6 figure income, business I spent years building, nice home, happy life, all gone because I let my guard down and trusted the wrong person... Happens I guess. Though I am dirt poor now and live gig to gig playing guitar for a living, playing cover tunes and stuff, I guess I can honestly say I am much better off now. But i still miss the freedom, power and money of my old life.

Well as some of yall said it would, Navy Field is beginning to lose it's charm. For close to two weeks I played every chance I got, and I still like the game, but I can see where it won't hold my interest all that long. My laptop is too crappy for Eve or any other newer or graphically intense game, so... I am going to spend much of tonite hunting down a new game. I have a folder full of shortcuts to various mmog strategy games, time to begin the tedium of trying them out.

I may end up reinstalling this game and just farming AI, but that is it's own hell in a way. It is cool at first but then this overwhelming boredom sets in. I thought about just making my own game, either in C+ or Java, nothing very graphically intense (because I am not actually a programmer, just a guy who plays around with the stuff sometimes).

I found a site to play Star Fleet Battles online but it looks dead. You would figure with all the geeks in the world that there would be this awesome amount of online strategy gaming going on. I am not talking about C&C and stuff, but real armchair General/Admiral kind of stuff. I would play a game of little black and white picels in which all the action was done off screen and the results displayed in text if it offered a deep enough strategic gaming experience.

I just want to find a fun, engrossing mmog that will run on my crappy laptop and has enough of a player base that I can get my game on whenever my schedule allows, is this so much to ask?

Hell if DS had 20 people in the MV at any given time I would gladly pitch my 9.99 a month into the kitty. Sadly, for me, the best times to play are between 11pm and 5am EST, and apparently that is when there is the least amount of activity.

Oh well that is my rant.....

Did I post this drunk from an alt or is it someone else?

//I hear you spaivxx. I even started playing that cybernations.net stupid browser based game and some idiot declared war on me and wrecked my business while I didn't log in for a few days. I need my tactical/strategic MMORPG with reasonable graphics and complex gameplay with top-notch players. WHERE AM I TO GO? Where are the star trek dorks on creating a Star Trek: The Next Generation game or something. Like Darkspace, except with licensed ships AND THE FA SERVER. You mean I can get the Enterprise if I'm ranked high enough and we build up our resources? How fun does that sound, instead of everyone flying around in Warbirds, Enterprises, and Birds of Prey.
[ This Message was edited by: dj42 {C?} on 2009-05-28 03:03 ]
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-28 15:57   
im actually playing star sonata now, quite fun, very ev nova-y

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-28 15:57   
Quote:

On 2009-05-28 01:10, .spaivxx. wrote:
Just played SS for a bit. I donno, feels more like Asteroids han some fleet ops game. I will check it some more tomorrow, it does seem to have a variety of ships and items and such.

Yeah that's a pretty good analogy. If anyone knows Subspace or Cosmic Rift that's a better analogy, but still doesn't give any indication to it's depth. It gets a lot more complex as you get higher level, but there's always a very large focus on piloting skill. Piloting skill is the single most important part of the game.

Like I said, it's not like Darkspace. I've said that anyone can be a good pilot in this game, because there's not a whole lot you need to do when fighting. You turn, you adjust speed, you watch your target, you choose which weapons to fire to maintain energy, you make sure you don't crash. In SS it's all about how skilled you are at maneuvering, which weapons you use (there's a ton that all behave different), your engine type, your weight, your class skills, your augmenters etc.

I didn't give the game much thought when I first saw it. It looks so much different than other games. But good graphics do not make a good game, and I was pleasantly surprised. Just be thankful that SS now has a very detailed, very involved tutorial now instead of the quick space rat blasting tutorial I had. There are free players who do nothing but spend their time in the tutorial galaxies.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-30 10:52   
Nah, you'll see once Faustus makes the game free for Two Weeks again, everyone'll come back.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-05-30 17:32   
But won't stay. If they didn't make all those changes to this version after it's release people would have stayed.

I still say re-code the game to bring back the old pre-shipyard scenario servers THAT will bring back players.

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2009-05-31 03:04   
Quote:

Quote:

Have we even met ?

and

Yeh I was in your cupboard the other week when you was cleaning it out. Guess you didnt check the top shelf after all

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.012829 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR