Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Pulse Wave: Do you use it?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Pulse Wave: Do you use it?
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-30 20:54   
I'd just like to state that I now see the errors of my argument. Clearly using only Dreadnought and Station-class ships presents an askewed view of matters.

With planetary defenses hurting, I found I was spamming my waves today on my Combat Destroyer. And you know what? I never ran below 20 energy.

Seems fine to me. Useful on smaller ships.

Consider my appeal to have this device changed withdrawn.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-06-30 23:11   
It is useless as long as it has short range and only works again missiles/fighters.. It may need to be tweaked like earlier version.. Pulse everything but beams

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-06-30 23:58   
I really think it only isnt useful when used on a larger ship (dread/station). Because the radius is only 250 gu (right?) and those ships are bigger and slower to get out of the way from "splash damage," it makes the pulse a bit more difficult to A) time correctly and B) knock things out of the sky before they can hit you.

Small example: fighters. A wave of fighters coming in at a dreadnaught or station will be able to fire off at least one salvo before it gets pulsed, give those ships a minor chance to dodge. A smaller ship will have a greatly increased chance of dodging that salvo.

Why not scale it up with increases in hull size?

Puppies gotta die, too.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-07-01 00:07   
Quote:

On 2009-06-30 23:58, AdmBito wrote:
I really think it only isnt useful when used on a larger ship (dread/station). Because the radius is only 250 gu (right?) and those ships are bigger and slower to get out of the way from "splash damage," it makes the pulse a bit more difficult to A) time correctly and B) knock things out of the sky before they can hit you.

Small example: fighters. A wave of fighters coming in at a dreadnaught or station will be able to fire off at least one salvo before it gets pulsed, give those ships a minor chance to dodge. A smaller ship will have a greatly increased chance of dodging that salvo.

Why not scale it up with increases in hull size?

I liked that idea a lot. I know for a fact that if you are sitting in a station, And fighters are comming at you, They can fire off a good 4-5 directs strafes on you before you can even hope to catch them. If you increased the range on a dread to about 400 gu, and 550 for a station then that would make a lot more sense ^.^

spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-01 01:04   
increased range would be nice on larger ships, however, if your in a fleet vs. fleet battle, you are forced to spread out because that will hit your missiles for a good 2-4 seconds after you fire them, and it would also hit other ships missiles/fighters, since missile dread is very useful against larger ships, this would force it to be far away from stations, which also limits its close range defense. but then again that would make perfect sense for ICC as they are ment to be defensive, and using pulse in such a way would mostly limit it to defense.

Email spatula
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.012278 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR