No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +17.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sector Commanders
 Author Sector Commanders
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-25 21:52   
Sector Commanders for the Saggitarius region, and a small blurb on each of them:

UGTO
Tagatha Maljor:

Tagatha Maljor is the UGTO's eyes and ears in this region of space, controlling off all their military assets. She was born on the planet Ocotat in the Wolf 359 star system, and is 34 years old. She enlisted in military service as a fighter pilot and participated in the battle of Luyten, where the UGTO forces were decimated by the ICC fleet. She vowed to never let herself fall to the ungreatful rabble and quickly ascended in rank. A fierce opponent who rarely retreats, she is a formidable Admiral.

ICC
Lucious Calgarii

Lucious Calgarii is an ICC citizen with a knack for commerce and tactics. His father was a close friend of Mombola Frederickson, who was the second High Councilor of the ICC, following the legendary Admiral Sheng. Having experienced life admist such brilliant minds, Lucious has managed to become the Sector Commander for the ICC at the age of 26, an accomplishment to say the least. Lucious has studied all of Shi Jei Sheng's military feats, and combined with his knowledge on economics, has become a saviour of the bedraggled forces of the Confederation.

K'luth
Yid’kan Tal

An Artisen born on the frigid world of Oymvre in the Epsilon Eri system, Yid'kan Tal posses an intimidating arsenal of wits, tactics, and a treacherous mind. Utilizing all of the resources available to the K'luth, this artisen has managed to defeat far superior forces with far less firepower, showing the brilliant military mind possessed by Yid'kan Tal. As the newly annointed Sector Commander, he has access to even more military resources, which will surely lead to an escalation in the conflict in this concetrated region of space.
[ This Message was edited by: Veronw on 2009-06-25 21:54 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Veronw on 2009-06-25 22:07 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-06-25 22:54   
Wheres my bit? Ass.

Email Supertrooper
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-06-25 22:57   
Ok. This kind of triggered a idea. First off, nice foundation, Veron.

So, the idea. The current game AI fly around as loners, perhaps in pairs or so, but really not all that well together. By this, I mean they may occur in groups but don't really work together or stick together.

I suggest, in an effort to encourage large fleet teamwork/cooperation among the players, that a large AI fleet be made for each faction, with its flagship being piloted under the names listed by Veron above (as opposed to UGTO Dreadnaught XXMVII). There fleets would be slowly roaming their faction's general territory in the Sag server (no more than 1 system from their faction's server-hop jumpgate). WHen I say large, I mean something on the order of:

2-3 Dreadnaughts (with the named AI piloting an EAD, Siphon or Assualt Dread)

2-3 Supply ships.
2-3 cruisers. (Including 1 dictor, as this is supposed to difficult to defeat.)
2-3 dessies.
2-3 frigates.
2-3 scouts.

Specific ships: The name of the game is "variety". Not just the classic gunships we all use all the time, but many different vessels should make up the fleet.
Total fleet size: 12-18 ships.

Parameters of fleet behavior:
1) No ships ever jump away from combat.

2) These ships jump as a group on a slow, roaming path around their territory, rolling around at cruising speed at each jump destination for 5-10 minutes (random within that bracket) before jumping to the next waypoint.

3) Being engaged in combat should interrupt the roaming jump sequence.

4) They operate as a group in combat, fighting common targets. Perhaps have them pair up, where two AI ships always share a common target.

5) They stay close to each other, with a fleet-width radius never greater than.... 2000-3000 gu or so.

6) Jump to the hidden station (described below) if it comes under fire. After which it resumes its roaming.

Resupply/Regeneration operations:
1) They should orbit a friendly planet they arrive at occationally to ensure they remain supplied with ammo and fighters, as well as the supply ships remain loaded with reload drones.

2) Once or twice in the roaming loop, they should jump to an AI station hidden in deep space, like a sector command check-in of sorts.

3) Ships in this fleet which are killed should respawn from the faction server-hop jumpgate 60 minutes after their death and jump to rejoin the fleet appropriately. Just have a point in space the fleet 'should be' and have the fleet keep up with it when not in combat. This way you need not track the location of any given ship, thus permitting for this to work regardless of which ships in the fleet have been destroyed.

4) The hidden station, never moves. Never. No movement. However, if it is destroyed, it should respawn (60 minutes later) at one of perhaps 5 random locations in the void. The fleet should bypass this jump if the station is destroyed at the point in its roaming that is would normally jump to the station, and should automatically know which spot to jump to when the station respawns in one of its various locations.

I think that is most of the details. Any other kinks can be ironed out by the dev/admin that impliments this. The idea is to have something any loner player will fear when it shows up and players will group up to work together to defeat. Of course, I would assume some kind of nice enhancements would come from getting dread or cruiser kills from this fleet.

The hidden station adds a kind of stealthy adventure, as people will have to trail the dangerous fleet with ECM to discover the location of the station (short of faction hopping and just looking at it which ruins the fun anyway, thus why I do not suggest the hidden station drop any enhancements).

If this much AI and scripting proves too much trouble for a single server to handle, move all this to the first system on the other side of each faction's server-hop jumpgates and put them there.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-26 01:01   
Thats pretty much been my feeling on AI in general.

That, instead of a mishmash random sort of thing, AI would act in groups.

Therefore, you could have less AI, but overall more coherent and smarter AI.

That way they actually pose a challenge and a threat to individual ships, rather than a mild annoyance.

-Ent

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-26 09:37   
which would require a command hierarchy, priorities, and a bunch of other tedious coding; cant you guys just settle for mashing the distress buttons?

[ This Message was edited by: Sensitivity on 2009-06-26 09:47 ]

Email Sens [R33]
tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-05 08:28   
i want this this is awsome lol

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-05 08:38   
Quote:

On 2009-06-26 01:01, Enterprise wrote:
That way they actually pose a challenge and a threat to individual ships, rather than a mild annoyance.

What no i ned pve 2 b eazy so i can farm ehancements n00b.

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-05 13:41   
holy necro batman!

Hegemonia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-06 12:25   
this would be prety kool i'd like to see this happen

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-09 11:32   
thats why its only in our home system fattie didn't u read

Page created in 0.021898 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR