No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » suggest a scenario rotation
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author suggest a scenario rotation
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-27 13:22   
what it says on the box, looking for some suggestions for the map rotation. ie, if icc wins MAP A, go to MAP B, if ugto wins MAP A, go to MAP C, then MAP D, E, and then MAP F has kluth on it, and if they win go to map G, and then regardless of who wins MAP N, go to MAP O and there a big fight at the end of the rotation and its darkspace and someone might get eated by a Grufen

^^ thats not a template, be creative. most of the metaverse maps are valid to use (except for the really tiny ones). lets see what you guys come up with
[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2009-06-27 14:40 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-27 14:11   
There's an idea. Keep one of the factions out of the scenarios for 2/3 of the rotation. I like that idea. Seems like a real weiner.

Instead, how about start off with all three, and let one get beat out of the rotation, as opposed to not being in the rotation until some arbitrarily decided point in time when then all three are added.

And, why is it the Kluth are absent from 2/3 of the maps, and the human factions are in every one? seems a tad lopsided too me.

And personally, that is one of the two issues that I have ALWAYS had with the scenarios servers. The other is that its the same been - there - killed - that maps over and over and over and over..... Try creating entirely NEW maps, try them on the scenario, then maybe tweak them and make them part of the MV?

I understand the attempt at creating a miniflow to the server, but I don't call it successful if 1/3 of the factions are absent 2/3 of the time....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-27 14:19   
okay here is my submission.

http://jbudhost.co.cc/images/9/7/rotation.bmp
[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-06-27 14:22 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-27 14:22   
to be honest, K'luth are a bit overpowered for scenario servers; given that it takes much more manpower to delay or one kluth for the ICC or UGTO than it does for one K'luth to preoccupy an entire fleet due to cloack. That being said, scenarios can be made even more interesting with scripted events(i.e. hold the Lalande system until the 5th fleet arrives to reinforce your positions). I'll come up with a rotation later today.

Email Sens [R33]
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-27 14:38   
Quote:

On 2009-06-27 14:11, Azreal wrote:
Instead, how about start off with all three, and let one get beat out of the rotation, as opposed to not being in the rotation until some arbitrarily decided point in time when then all three are added.

draw it up that way

And, why is it the Kluth are absent from 2/3 of the maps, and the human factions are in every one? seems a tad lopsided too me.

not all the systems are big enough to support 3 factions, like alpha cent, cygnus, luyten for example. want a particuar faction in a particular map (within reason), suggest it.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-27 14:44   
As Doran said, if you have a problem, why not try suggesting a particular solution, or at least just pointing out that it might be better to do x instead of y.

No need to be a complete ass about it.

Email Shigernafy
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-27 14:45   
Quote:

On 2009-06-27 14:22, Sensitivity wrote:
to be honest, K'luth are a bit overpowered for scenario servers;

Funny, they weren't for several years before. But then again, the scenario servers are where everyone learned to fight with and against every other faction. That's why most of the "new vets" are not as good as the "oldschoolers". True, K'luth always did get the short end of the scenario stick, but then again, in those days, I also saw way more humans than aliens even in the MV.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-27 15:07   
Kluth tend to have stronger lower-level ships, so they can cause more trouble sooner in scenarios. That'd be the main concern.. but we can probably work around that if it becomes an issue.

Email Shigernafy
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-27 16:06   
I disagree. The K'luth's smaller ships were more deadly before than they are now. The Claw drains so much energy as to be useful for only 30 secs of combat. The rest of the dessies are just pieces of crap. The one good ship of them all is the Nymph, a frigate. The UGTO assault scout can brutalize a Nymph if flown by a competent pilot. As can an ICC Combat Destroyer.

Fact is, the smaller ships on Kluth are way less powerful than at any time I have played the game. That happened after the scenario servers were removed. How can they be more powerful now?

Keep in mind, that in .482 and .483 I flew Claw, Scarab and Scale almost exclusively, and won't touch them anymore because of their weaknesses.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-27 16:21   
you can't spawn dessies from a homegate, you can spawn beaks and nymphs which basically destroy the competition, and finally you can cloack with trannies

Email Sens [R33]
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-27 17:13   
always been the case. What's new about that?

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-27 17:24   
mind if we keep this on topic? id rather not have to wade through 5 pages of discussion to find a couple workable rotation suggestions.

feel free to start a thread about kluth's role in scenario servers though.

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-27 18:08   
Doran, does the mv have all of the systems joined together, or is it possible to add the invididual systems to the scenario rotation? If that is the case, you could start off with the battles between the UGTO and the ICC across the sectors of space, then move on towards the less known systems which feature the K'luth.

If the systems cannot be added, then not sure what to do...

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-27 20:41   
the mv is as you see it, scenarios are just 1 system per map at a time. nothing new there.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-28 01:10   
Scenarios I think, work best when they tell a story.

So why not have several different rotations. Such as, one set that features just a UGTO vs. ICC storyline focusing on one series of battles for dominion over a sector or some such.

Or one with just ICC and Kluth or UGTO and Kluth or all three. So that some anal retentive people who absolutely refuse to play anything but their one single faction wont have any room to gripe.

As for actual rotations, I'm going to start on a few based on the above suggestion.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020294 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR