No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +14.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » suggest a scenario rotation
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author suggest a scenario rotation
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-07-01 15:39   

Note that K'Luth do not appear until Sirius.

I dunno how to post that little picture box thingy you have there...

Anyway, I hope its clear enough.

Alpha Centauri, Epsilon Caranie, Tau Ceti are all faction final battles. If the defending faction gets defeated in these missions, they are gone for good. I don't really expect much of this to be used, because there would be a lot of repatition if a faction managed to survive. But I'm hoping some of the ideas would be taken into account.

Now, for some special circumstances to some of the maps...

Map: Luyten - ICC/UGTO only, first battle.
This system has since fallen under control of Pirates (NPC faction). UGTO and ICC both wish to secure the system to forward their own personal agendas. Pirate faction has as many AI ships as largest player faction. Pirates do not build advanced, well defended planets. They control Zoca and Dawn, and they are lightly defended with troop production and 4 defence base 1, along with support buildings. Both UGTO and ICC have AI support for this battle (Two Cruisers). Flag Planets - Mycopia, Ihzack, Dawn, Zoca.

Faction Homesystem battles - If a faction fails to defend its home system, a second "Special" scenario is started. This lasts 15-30 mins. Defending faction starts with their homeworld, fully developed, and nearest moon/planet. Hostile faction starts with one fully developed planet, as is determined by which faction won the homesystem. For this special battle, the last objective is evacuation. I don't know if this is trackable by script, might be pretty complex. Basically AI ships are spawned and they must get to a certain point. Some of these vessels are not equiped with functioning jump drives, and must fly sublight. Escaping vessels consist of transports, scouts, frigates and destroyers.
Defender's objectives are simple. Hold the homeworld until the evacuation is complete.
Attacker's is less simple. Take the enemy homeworld before the defenders evacuate all their people and equipment. Additionally, destroy escaping ships.
The end result of this if successfully completed, the defending faction starts from a stronger position on their final battle.

Final Battle - This battle is the last before a faction is eliminated. If they succeeded in evacuating their homeworld, their planets have more inital resources, are slightly more developed, and they get a small "home defense fleet"
For the attackers - One moderately dveloped planet starting in a hostile enemy system. This world was secured by a large expeditionary fleet, some of which still survives. They aid the attackers in this final battle. (Its ment to be tilted a bit towards the defenders, but not so much so that this is impossible). The final battle is carried out ONLY between the defenders and the faction that succeeded in taking the defender's home system.

Example - Sol is attacked by K'Luth and ICC. ICC take the system. ICC must defeat the UGTO's homeworld, and their escaping fleet. Then they must successfully lay seige to the UGTO final system.

Finally, if the K'Luth defeat the UGTO, the UGTO allies ICC. If its possible to modify the balance script for this, that'd be excellent, in which case the shattered UGTO fleet ratio to the other factions would be 1:2

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-07-01 20:04   
Quote:

On 2009-07-01 15:39, Tellaris wrote:
I dunno how to post that little picture box thingy you have there...

OpenOffice.org Draw, flowcharting, organizaton chart type thingy

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-07-01 20:22   
There is a simple reason for the K'Luth not being in every scenario and why they are not in an equal number of them...

The games history explains it, the K'luth didn't come along until well into the war between the two human factions. Thus they are not included in every match.

Just as always, if you want to play in the scenario servers then you need to adjust your play style to encompass other factions. When we had server balancing on, which we should re-enable for scenario, you had not guarantee you'd be on ICC, UGTO, or K'luth. Often times you would find yourself fighting against your own fleet members.

If you want to be sure to always be able to play the faction you want with your fleet mates then you go play MV.

If you want to just play, then you go Scenario.

No, you will not see K'luth on every map in scenario, no you will not see the K'luth with equal scenario action maps. You may see a couple of ICC vs K'luth and UGTO vs K'luth only maps, but thats it.

Accept the fact you picked a faction that wasn't around for all the battles that scenario's recreate.

As for equalizing the teams in scenario, I will go back and check into making the scenario servers auto-balance again...

Email Tael
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 20:52   
Well as far as I can tell, it balances the teams via prestige amounts, which.. well, can make things really suck if you have a GA on ICC and 5 commanders on UGTO... perhaps making it number per faction would be better? 1-1, 2-2, etc..

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-07-02 14:23   
Perhaps a combination of that might be better. It tries to spread out the high ranks, while simulatniously avoiding massive differences in player numbers... A buffer for it to work with of +2 people might help. That way you don't get swarms of low rankers vs a few high ranked players.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-02 14:27   
Simple solution: Autobalance by numbers, and ignore everyone lower than Lt. Cmdr. (Just an example) in the count.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-02 16:59   
A smaller version of the larger one I had before with AI and MI later on

edit: fixed some mistakes.

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2009-08-02 21:33 ]

spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-02 19:06   
I think the main issue with having kluth is that they drain players, with 2 teams 3-4 people on each is fine (though pretty small), with 3, thats now 2-3, which is small compared to the usually vast systems in which there are 3 factions. Maybe a few kluth vs icc OR ugto would work, that way small groups of players would be able to still player with better battles (although 3 way ones are nice they usually dont happen unless 1 team is badly losing/dominating).

As for balance, i think counting either VA or Admiral on up as 2 people, and then using just numbers would be nice. Because it usually takes at least 2 ships to take down a dread (excluding tc/ac). So if SY were up ideally 2 dessies/cruisers on one team and 1 dread on the other, it would be balanced (so long as dessies remain distant from dread). Also, allowing for +/- 2 in team balance would help prevent small groups of high ranks "filling" the team.

Email spatula
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.014064 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR