Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Transport player capture
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Transport player capture
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-06-28 19:43   
Due to a mistake transports can drop all ten infantry into ships no mater how many infantry a ship can normaly hold or already has on there ships this will lead to unfair loss of ships,i would like to sugest that all three factions agree to refrain from doing this to other players untill the dev team can fix this issue.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-28 20:03   
it is intentional

- You can now unload unlimited numbers of infantry onto an enemy ship for capture.

[ This Message was edited by: Sensitivity on 2009-06-28 20:04 ]

Email Sens [R33]
G.Adm. Kirk
Grand Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-06-28 20:11   
Just because Tim capped you, Dark, doesn't make it wrong. Also, although the ship obviously capped, Tim was not credited with the capture, nor was the message displayed in the server chat. THAT is a bug.

spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-28 20:30   
Quote:

On 2009-06-28 19:43, DarkScorpion wrote:
Due to a mistake transports can drop all ten infantry into ships no mater how many infantry a ship can normaly hold or already has on there ships this will lead to unfair loss of ships,i would like to sugest that all three factions agree to refrain from doing this to other players untill the dev team can fix this issue.

http://darkspace.net/index.htm?module=log.php

Email spatula
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-29 02:04   
The question must be, as always:

Is there a way to defend against it?

It must be possible to load additional inf under these conditions. The ship under boarding attack must not complete capture before all friendlies are dead.

If these conditions are met, i dont see (yet) a problem.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-29 02:16   
hahaha u got capped

it was an intended feature for a while, but just recently got fixed with the latest update, it's in the dev log.
[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-06-29 02:17 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-06-29 02:29   
First of all it isnt intended to drop more infantry than you cargo can hold and i have spoken to staff and they are working on the problem please dont asume to know the answers when you dont.

and no sono only way is to kill tranny for example if your flying a cruiser you have 4 slots in your cargo say for example you have 3 infantry and a open slot for picking up goodies ,transport drops 10 infantry you wont be able to pick up infantry till you have less than 4 slots of infantry full and that is from just 1 transport you can even get another hostile transport droping more infantry into you.

Oh btw it hasnt anything to do with losing a ship in rogans and thats why you tim got nothing for it
if you would use your ffing brain its actualy a kluth advantage more than any other faction and jbud putting haha is silly as it wont be hahah if you find 30 inf on your ship
[ This Message was edited by: DarkScorpion on 2009-06-29 03:21 ]

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-29 05:20   
Quote:

and no sono only way is to kill tranny for example if your flying a cruiser you have 4 slots in your cargo say for example you have 3 infantry and a open slot for picking up goodies ,transport drops 10 infantry you wont be able to pick up infantry till you have less than 4 slots of infantry full and that is from just 1 transport you can even get another hostile transport droping more infantry into you.

That IS a problem. No attack should be impossible to defend against.
(Rule 1 in balancing bible)

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-29 05:51   
In my honest opinion, it should only allow the exact size of the cargo hold's worth of enemy infantry onto your ship. But it's not always my opinion that counts.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-29 06:05   
but then it would be impossible to board if someone just had a full load of infantry wouldn't it? If someone actually took the time to groom 10 elites, then he pretty much deserves a ship capture. Likewise, 4 to 5 elites will find off 10 green heavies any day. Realistically; there is enough room on any ship for marines to assault. So just kill those tranies before they reach you.

Email Sens [R33]
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-06-29 07:21   
Quote:

On 2009-06-29 06:05, Sensitivity wrote:
but then it would be impossible to board if someone just had a full load of infantry wouldn't it? If someone actually took the time to groom 10 elites, then he pretty much deserves a ship capture. Likewise, 4 to 5 elites will find off 10 green heavies any day. Realistically; there is enough room on any ship for marines to assault. So just kill those tranies before they reach you.

What Jack is saying that if, for example, you are flying a cruiser (4 cargo slots) a transport will drop 4 infantry onto the ship regardless of what the ship you are trying to capture is carrying.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-29 07:34   
Indeed, Sythe hit it on the head.

For example:
Cruiser has 4 cargo slots. Lets say you fill those with infantry, and someone unloads infantry onto you. The maximum number of enemy infantry allowed onto your ship at any time would be the same as your maximum cargo, in this case, 4. So, you'd end up with 8 infantry on your ship battling it to the death - 4 fighting for you, 4 fighting for the enemy.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-29 09:20   
Taking Backy's idea one step further, any enemy infantry that is "extra" (ie, if you drop 6 inf on the cruiser used in the example, 2 inf would be "extra") would loose HP at a steady rate, not just from combat damage - just from the "space" issue inside of a ship.

FAdm. Tim Webbers *S1*
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-06-29 13:15   
Quote:

On 2009-06-29 09:20, Fattierob wrote:
Taking Backy's idea one step further, any enemy infantry that is "extra" (ie, if you drop 6 inf on the cruiser used in the example, 2 inf would be "extra") would loose HP at a steady rate, not just from combat damage - just from the "space" issue inside of a ship.

I like this.

Personally, though, it seems to me like the infantry are not just going to stay in the cargo bay on the ship. They spread out and go elsewhere, right? I'd say the cargobay needs to be the limiting factor on how many you can drop at one time. They then cycle off after about 10 seconds or so, but they're still doing their thing, if you will.

That's probably not the easiest concept in the world to implement, but it just seems like a good idea.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-06-29 13:32   
Ok the way it is now must be changed thats for sure!

And i do agree with jack that you can put down 4 infs on a ship if thats the max cargo hold. BUT! if the target ship have 4 infs it MUST win evry time, We all know we wont sit there and take the risk that your infs will win or not. And the logical reason is that its YOUR ship, YOUR in control. In a rl situation youll have cameras, maybe heat signature and what not, and the fact that u know the ship very much! Only in the movies that one man can take out a whole factory

Nuff said.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025540 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR