Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The nerfing of the station
 Author The nerfing of the station
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-29 07:26   
Now that I am not in a fleet, I was able to look at the UGTO Support and the ICC Station,

Not sure what they had before, but the UGTO has 8 missle launchers the ICC has 10, the K'luth hive has 4. They all have the same number of heavy beam weapons. Core weapons UGTO and K'luth 4, ICC 2, and the UGTO has a flux.

So how much of a change was made to the ICC and UGTO Support Stations, I know the K'luth hive had about the same number of missle launchers as the UGTO station does now and it lost half, so what was taken off the other stations? How where they nerfed?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-29 07:32   
Defensive-wise, they were nerfed extremely hard.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-29 09:09   
Quote:

On 2009-06-29 07:26, El Guapo wrote:

Core weapons UGTO and K'luth 4, ICC 2, and the UGTO has a flux.

keep in mind that ion cannons fire two shots where qsts and SIs fire just 1, and that kluth stations can cloak, and icc stations have a pulse wave (even if its of dubious usefulness)..

also dont forget that the reload range was reduced quite a bit as well

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-06-29 10:22   
Im not gona start debating the "who got the biggest gun", but cloak on a station is pretty much useless! it takes about 30-60 secs for it to even cloak/uncloak, and then it the power speed of 5gu and the fact that its HUGE! So pretty much, cloak is useless on stations. Even a noob can search out an station clokaed and kill it.

So i realy hope u dont take that into the calculation on stations.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-29 11:20   
Each Station can brave a bunch of Cruisers on its own. I think they're still powerful.

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-06-29 11:49   
the question is valid and was not answered.
what was changed in the icc and ugto stations to balance the removal of half the kluth hive fighter bays for example
i think he wants details and i would lilke to know as well
how did you balance this?

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-29 12:59   
K'luth stations have long since seemed rather out of place in a faction designed to be hit and run.

Cloak also tends to be of dubious usefulness for their stations. Something that big can't really hide very well.

-Ent

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-29 13:00   
Quote:

On 2009-06-29 12:59, Enterprise wrote:
K'luth stations have long since seemed rather out of place in a faction designed to be hit and run.

Cloak also tends to be of dubious usefulness for their stations. Something that big can't really hide very well.

-Ent

AMBUSH!

Email Sens [R33]
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-06-29 13:23   
I personaly thing that ballancing stations isnt a easy thing to do when you have to take into account on how factions are ment to be but i dont see why the kluth fighter slots was reduced so much on the support class,but then again the missile slot prob lem if you reduce the types of missiles kluth and ugto can fit to short range missiles and leave icc with there it missiles due to them being a long range faction anyways.

If you realy must nerf support stations remove the fighter bomber option
this would help planets defences a bit more as you could put a one hit death ray on a planet but it will do no good if a support station can sit 4k away and reduce it to nothing make capture of planets a bombers job once more not look at me i got a support/hive/supply station say goodbye to your planet.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-29 15:09   
As I Recall the UGTO Support had 13 Missiles give or take and 6 fighter bays, a handful of useless Torps and P Cannons, and a buttload of Standard Beams.

Now? I dunno really, only fly em to do repairs, but I know that like all other stations, they have Less Firepower but more staying power(can take more beating).

and all three factions have a V Key... UGTO's V key is Flux.
[ This Message was edited by: Feralwulf on 2009-06-29 15:11 ]

spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-29 18:14   
for icc station, its got shields, which are a huge detractor for a pincushion, have a very slow recharge to begin with and that cant be increased by sups, and cloak on kluth station isnt too bad, its useful for WH because theres no way to know what ships uses a WH if its cloaked, great way to mask numbers before or after an assault.

Email spatula
*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-06-29 20:43   
Quote:

On 2009-06-29 13:23, DarkScorpion wrote:
I personaly thing that ballancing stations isnt a easy thing to do when you have to take into account on how factions are ment to be but i dont see why the kluth fighter slots was reduced so much on the support class,but then again the missile slot prob lem if you reduce the types of missiles kluth and ugto can fit to short range missiles and leave icc with there it missiles due to them being a long range faction anyways.

If you realy must nerf support stations remove the fighter bomber option
this would help planets defences a bit more as you could put a one hit death ray on a planet but it will do no good if a support station can sit 4k away and reduce it to nothing make capture of planets a bombers job once more not look at me i got a support/hive/supply station say goodbye to your planet.

either way even if you remove the bombers off stations ppl will just use agincorts/missle dreads ect to bomb a planet youl still have the same problem except youl have a more mobile platform , so it dosent rly solve anything and your back a squar 1 cause they will just be used in the same way except they can use ecm to hide

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-06-30 01:27   
I can't talk for UGTO or kluth station reduction, But I can accuratly say that exleast the ICC Supply Station has had two of its fighter slots removed, And a missle slot or two(never paid much attaention to them).

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 09:41   
So really, who ever it was that did the changes on the stations, please explain what was change on each, I know what exactly was changed out on the Hive, four missle slots. I can also tell you it was able with one support worker or depot hold it's own with a UGTO or ICC support station. Now it has a really hard time with two cruiser, and it does not have a hope in hell against it's counter parts, even if you have two support workers and your reloads on your self, so please explain... We would like to know, and explain how it is balanced?

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-07-01 20:15 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-07-01 15:19   
I figure this is as good a place as any to post these, mostly for Lark, and also to show that a lot of the damage to that station was delivered by a cruiser and a destroyer on one side, while Lark worked on the other armor facing.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/442632/Darkspace/00000023.png

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/442632/Darkspace/00000024.png

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/442632/Darkspace/00000025.png
[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2009-07-01 15:23 ]

Page created in 0.029174 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR