Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Free Play
 Author Free Play
Jamesbond
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-30 08:29   
So I thought this up while I was playing other free (ish) mmo's such as NavyField and others.

What these games do is allow players the ability to play the game up to a certain rank and or ship. This keeps a steady flow of players into the game and many of these players do eventually buy subscriptions.

What may help Darkspace is that you allow players to play for free up to the rank where you can just get cruisers or even the low level dread. This would help to bolster the amount of players in the game as well as hopefully get some of us old school players back. What this game needs is its player base back and you obviously get that when there is a free trial. If you can keep the free trial going to the afore mentioned rank you technically shouldnt be loosing anything but in the long run hopefully since many people will see that players are actually playing the game instead of sitting in the lobby you will get players to resub to gain that advantage with cruisers/dreads/stations.

I dunno if this was already mentioned before but just thought I'd post what could help this game gain back what it used to be like back in 2003/2004 (wow im old).

-Jamesbond

Email Jamesbond
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-30 08:55   
Destroyers are actually viable ships now.

BadassMcGee
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-30 11:12   
i think that this is true. letting players lpay up untilo a certain rank would probely get more people playing and more subscriptions coming in.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-30 11:37   
you mean like up too Vice Admiral... cause even there you cant get low level kluth dreads, or ICC except the MD... UGTO is pretty cool at VA.

1RA dosent give you anydreads so.... you know.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-30 12:28   
The problem is that all ships are effective at all levels, unlike navyfield where only BB4/CV4/SS3 are used.

*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-06-30 17:41   
i think its fine just the way it is .on one hand you have the ability to gain what you earn and keep going untill the 2 weeks run out on the other you keep goping and hit a speed bump not gaining any pres no matter what you do so as soon as you get promoted you could rly gain athousand pres above your rank but sence you want to halt that the thousand pres is not saved they die once using any ship in cluding a scout and instantly demoted. i think the free play is perfect just the way it is

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-06-30 18:53   
Quote:

On 2009-06-30 12:28, Dr. Fattierob, M.D. PhD wrote:
The problem is that all ships are effective at all levels, unlike navyfield where only BB4/CV4/SS3 are used.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-06-30 20:37   
I acctually like the idea, it would keep the player base up but also stop the "Dreadspace" issue that people are complaining about. If the majority of users were in desies/cruisers then the battles would be more fun than a few seconds of dreads spacebaring eachother.

Jamesbond
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-06-30 21:39   
Quote:

On 2009-06-30 17:41, COMMANDERHAWK wrote:
i think its fine just the way it is .on one hand you have the ability to gain what you earn and keep going untill the 2 weeks run out on the other you keep goping and hit a speed bump not gaining any pres no matter what you do so as soon as you get promoted you could rly gain athousand pres above your rank but sence you want to halt that the thousand pres is not saved they die once using any ship in cluding a scout and instantly demoted. i think the free play is perfect just the way it is

I hate to be mean but did you read what i wrote? I was saying that there should be free play constantly cause after the 2 weeks runs out there is going to be barely any players on anymore. If you make the game free to play up to a certain rank than you would hopefully draw people to the game who will reach that rank cap and than subscribe so they are able to get dreads/stations.

Btw with the navyfield thing. You do see a decent amount of those BB4/CV4 type ships as well as hundreds of players. Here you see a dread or two and maybe 4-5 other players.

And NEVER EVER EVER get rid of scenarios!

Email Jamesbond
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-30 21:56   
Quote:

On 2009-06-30 08:55, Bardiche wrote:

Whose destroyers? You said viable. K'luth destroyers are not viable for MV, for sure. They work great vs human frigates, as you have just enough energy to get about 4-5 good alphas off. Just don't expect to be able to cloak afterwards, or be in combat for nearly 2 1/2 minutes while you sit still somewhere and recharge. The only issue I do have with K'luth destroyers is the energy level, really, but it is a huge issue. The leveled weapons seem a little too low leveled, but at least with more energy you can get a few more shots off and it would at least even out some....

and HI JAMES!!! Long time no see m8!

And Commander, it's called punctuation. Commas, periods, etc. do actually help to make endless lines of text readable. Maybe even use a capital letter or two...just a thought.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-06-30 21:59 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 08:21   
All Destroyers. K'Luth, UGTO and ICC. Heck, Frigates can beat Cruisers.

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-07-01 17:13   
Desies and frigs are almost OP if you wolf pack them. Which is technicly what your supposed to do.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-01 17:41   
Quote:

On 2009-06-30 21:56, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-06-30 08:55, Bardiche wrote:

Whose destroyers? You said viable. K'luth destroyers are not viable for MV, for sure. They work great vs human frigates, as you have just enough energy to get about 4-5 good alphas off. Just don't expect to be able to cloak afterwards, or be in combat for nearly 2 1/2 minutes while you sit still somewhere and recharge. The only issue I do have with K'luth destroyers is the energy level, really, but it is a huge issue. The leveled weapons seem a little too low leveled, but at least with more energy you can get a few more shots off and it would at least even out some....

and HI JAMES!!! Long time no see m8!

And Commander, it's called punctuation. Commas, periods, etc. do actually help to make endless lines of text readable. Maybe even use a capital letter or two...just a thought.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-06-30 21:59 ]

I got a MD to 50% hull solo in a claw destroyer with energy left over for more damage; only left because I was in the middle of the MD and AD by the time he figured he could stop. The drainer is one of the most powerful combat support ships to follow up an attack by a dread. The shell is incredibly good at cleaning up after battles and the stinger is damn fine fire support.

Email Sens [R33]
Page created in 0.019015 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR