Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » o/ Hello all incoming newbie
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author o/ Hello all incoming newbie
Wildcarde
Cadet

Posted: 2009-06-30 19:32   
Hi-I'm downloading the game, trying out the demo, thought I';d say hello, and ask for any advice you all may have.. I literally just stumbled across this game, and it looks like what I want.. I'll get to reading the forums in the meantime..I love sci-fi ship to ship combat, love strategy games, etc..this might be the one for me, we'll see..

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-06-30 19:38   
Yes, I have some advice. Elipses are not sufficient sentence breaks. In fact, they do the opposite and give the impression that thought is not ending and is instead rambling on and on. Just one period, please.

Wildcarde
Cadet

Posted: 2009-06-30 19:49   
friendly community you have here..beat up a lot as a child perhaps?

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-30 20:06   
We disapprove of the mutiliation of the English language. Please use proper grammar and syntax.

Email Sens [R33]
FAdm. Tim Webbers *S1*
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-06-30 20:33   
Dear, dear.

Welcome; we're always glad to have new blood around here. Make yourself comfortable and stay away from the Gaifens.

Wildcarde
Cadet

Posted: 2009-06-30 20:37   
Quote:

On 2009-06-30 20:06, Sensitivity wrote:
We disapprove of the mutiliation of the English language. Please use proper grammar and syntax.

Ah, another beacon of light and warmth heard from. If you want to STOP new players from sticking around, you're doing an excellent job. keep it up.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-06-30 21:09   
Actually, you might want to ignore the douchebags. (don't be fooled by this, I am one of them myself)

DarkSpace community is a bit rough at the moment, but in-game, where the action is, you usually find some of the cooler guys. Like 'sa la', 'spatula_ninja', 'Stray', 'Lawman' and more of those cool dudes.

The forums are like the retirement home for old people, see. Most of the people are all grumpy old hasbeens who can't seem to consider being nice as being a viable way to go through forum life. :-)!

Welcome! Hope the douches haven't turned you away just yet. Come join us in the scenario server, ask a few people for some assistance and you should get the hang of the game fast enough. I suggest joining the UGTO as a first time player, as the faction is the easiest to play (you don't have to think of a lot of things), although in scenario you may be forced to give ICC a swing.

K'Luth are an entirely different faction who rely on stealth. Each faction has its own strengths and fortes, and contrary to what appears to be popular opinion the factions are pretty balanced in their combat abilities.

But hey, that's a matter to discover in-game. :-) Hope to see you there!

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-06-30 21:12   
We always welcome new players. Seriously, welcome. However, do not become offended or hostile towards constructive criticism. In a game where the primary means of communication is text, your grammar is all we have to judge your character. If you type like an idiot and english is not your second language, we will assume you are an idiot. We have nothing else to base our opinions on.

Seriously, though, welcome to DarkSpace. The community really is nice, although sometimes a bit heavy on the sarcasm and banter. Have fun, and I hope to see you around long-term.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman on 2009-06-30 21:13 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-06-30 22:05   
The simplest advice to give is if its Red its Dead... Don't ignore Yellows though, they wont ignore you...

Email Tael
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2009-06-30 22:11   
Quote:

On 2009-06-30 21:12, Kanman wrote:
... If you type like an idiot and english is not your second language, we will assume you are an idiot. We have nothing else to base our opinions on...

Oh crap! Why didn't somebody tell me this?

P.S. - Welcome Wildcarde

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2009-06-30 22:12 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-06-30 22:41   
Quote:

On 2009-06-30 22:11, Drafell wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-06-30 21:12, Kanman wrote:
... If you type like an idiot and english is not your second language, we will assume you are an idiot. We have nothing else to base our opinions on...

Oh crap! Why didn't somebody tell me this?

P.S. - Welcome Wildcarde

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2009-06-30 22:12 ]

Well, I believe every village needs an idiot Draf. ; )

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-07-01 00:08   
Draf, one of you is more than enough, don't need a buncha 4th grade flunkies.. got enough of them too =P

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-07-01 00:16   
Here, Lemme help you out newbie!
A lot of the players here are anti-social and really dislike any new people, like an over loyal dog defending it's master, They are defending their game. Just give them some time and they will be forced to allow you into their club and they wont flame your posts right off the bat.

Just trust me, Don't let them sour your taste of this game. Just because they can't enjoy the game dosen't mean you can't.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-07-01 02:25   
Most of us are good natured, we just snipe at each other a lot. After... cripes, seven year years for me, similar spans for others, we've known each other long enough for it to be second nature. Don't take much personally; Like the rest of the internet, thick skin will serve you well here. Not much left to say that's of use to a new player that hasn't been said, aside from never underestimating the value of smaller ships. Speed, ranged weaponry, and rate of fire can easily triumph over a slow bruiser like a dreadnaught.

Wildcarde
Cadet

Posted: 2009-07-01 10:10   
Thanks for the welcomes. No, I won't let the flamers turn me off the game, I'm enjoying myself so far in a talon..mostly in stealth while I read the manual and try not to jump into a planet like I did yesterday . See you in game.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024006 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR