Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The problems with this build for the K'luth.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author The problems with this build for the K'luth.
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 11:26   
Now that time has past and I am mostly over my hissie fit. Still pissed about a few things regarding my loss of prez in such a short time.

1) I really think the dictor field is having an effect on the combination of the cloak and ecm, I do not think it is anything but a bug. I also think it is random. Some time when I have jumped in towards a planet with a dictor field, I find when I cloak that once the cloak is in full effect and running my ecm that the sig bounce back and forth from 0.0 to -0.0 four or five times a second. I believe this is like being ping four or five times a second. If you leave the dictor field it stops.

Question, would like to know if anyone else has experianced this, and by the way it has happend in my clavate, mandi, and siphon.

2) I can maybe understand coming out of a shipyard decloaked, but by disabling the cloak going through a transfer gate from one server to the next is nothing but a death sentance. Who thought that one up or is it a mistake. Or is it you can't have it shut off in the garage so when you spawn at a shipyard or transfer gate you spawn decloaked, and allow you to move through to another server. I am guessing it is the later, this really needs to be repair, changed back, or are we not allowed to go into other factions home servers?

3) I really believe that the planetary defences need to be tuned back. Or in the least drop the acuracy, they hit way, way to often, even when you are 500 plus gus from a planet fully cloaked and moving at a fast pace. May have something to do with my fist point, but I wish my gun and missle crews could hit 1/3rd as often as the planetary defences...

4) Have any other K'luth player noticed these few things, do you agree with what I have stated. Oh and before anyone from another faction jumps on the wah wagon, get in a K'luth ship and try it out.

One thing, problem number one happens at planets that do not have a sensor base, and I think one supply platform in orbit would have nothing to do with it unless they have sensor capablity. Also have notice that have been really close to supply plats and not running ecm and the plats do not register?
[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-07-01 12:06 ]
[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-07-01 13:46 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 12:33   
1)

That is your ECM, among other things, causing your signature to bounce between 0.0 and -0.0 it isn't any sort of pinging it's just fluxuations in your signature from changes all around you, could be anything but, you are not "pinged" unless your sig goes above 0.0.

3)

Planet defenses have been wayy too weak, even now they are still weak, I played back in 483 when planet defenses were strong as hell and that made bombing a challange, today, people can sit still and bomb a whole planet, it's rediculous, if anything planet defenses are still not strong enough...

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-07-01 12:33 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:35   
defenses were strong in .483 but bombs were better; you could clear any planet with one bomber dessie.

Email Sens [R33]
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:35   
Dear god man, give it up. This is what the 5th hissy fit this week? The kluth are dead get over it.

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:39   
Quote:

On 2009-07-01 13:35, Sensitivity wrote:
defenses were strong in .483 but bombs were better; you could clear any planet with one bomber dessie.

I did it in a bomber scout. It wasn't hard at all. : P

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:40   
Its Canada day, what you expect!

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:44   
Quote:

On 2009-07-01 12:33, JBud wrote:
1)

That is your ECM, among other things, causing your signature to bounce between 0.0 and -0.0 it isn't any sort of pinging it's just fluxuations in your signature from changes all around you, could be anything but, you are not "pinged" unless your sig goes above 0.0.

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-07-01 12:33 ]

Well if your sig is fluxuating, with your ecm off then the cloak is not working propery, it is the fluxuation in your sig that affects your cloak is it not?

If I remember correctly any change in your sig affects your cloak. When you run your ecm it fluxates at a faster rate. Now really is this a bug or a nerf, or does it, or does it not affect your cloak?

You also state that it is things around the ship causing this, so it in this case most likely the dictor doing something other than stoping enemy ships to jump.

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:48   
Quote:

And this has what to do with what I am trying to point out?

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:49   
your cloak is working properly, you are invisable as long as it is 0.0 or -0.0

and interdictors do nothing to your signature...
[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-07-01 13:50 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:49   
Quote:

On 2009-07-01 13:39, -RevenG- wrote:
Quote:

I did it in a bomber scout. It wasn't hard at all. : P

Ah, but hands up all those who could do it in one run, a single cloud and no supply against a death star planet?

<< Darksworde puts his hand up >>

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:51   
Quote:

On 2009-07-01 13:35, Daedalus wrote:
Dear god man, give it up. This is what the 5th hissy fit this week? The kluth are dead get over it.

Really now, do you really want me to rant. Thought someone wanted me to be constructive. I can just froth at the mouth and rant and rave... "Oh dear, look at the rabid lobster!"

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:53   
Quote:

On 2009-07-01 13:40, Pegasus™ wrote:
Its Canada day, what you expect!

Yes Happy Canada Day, Eh!

spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:58   
Quote:

On 2009-07-01 11:26, El Guapo wrote:

1) I really think the dictor field is having an effect on the combination of the cloak and ecm, I do not think it is anything but a bug.

Question, would like to know if anyone else has experianced this, and by the way it has happend in my clavate, mandi, and siphon.

i've seen this happen at least once in scenario, lark of serenity was in a siphon and while moving closer to a planet with a dictor, the ship suddenly uncloak (according to lark) multiple times in rapid succession. from my view on icc it looked like just a normal uncloak. I've also heard about this glitch before, sometimes not involving dictor fields, when I was in deep space in MV a mandy uncloaked about 1.2k away and said that the cloak was glitched, but once again, from the enemies perspective its a one time uncloak, no sign of any sort of pulsing.

Quote:

2) I can maybe understand coming out of a shipyard decloaked, but by disabling the cloak going through a transfer gate from one server to the next is nothing but a death sentance.

that is pretty bad, i would assume it has something to do with connecting to another server, but some simple code could rectify that.

Quote:

3) I really believe that the planetary defences need to be tuned back. Or in the least drop the acuracy, they hit way, way to often, even when you are 500 plus gus from a planet fully cloaked and moving at a fast pace. May have something to do with my fist point, but I wish my gun and missle crews could hit 1/3rd as often as the planetary defences...

planet defense is still rather weak, due to the arc bug missiles are effective against large ships, but anything smaller than a cruiser can easily dodge everything, cruisers can still dodge but its a bit harder. At 500 gu the def should be hitting hard, because thats incredibly close to a planet, kluth are just going to feel it a bit more than everybody else because as you gank planet campers your soft armor is gonna get hit. Also, the planet def can be bombed (at least with bomber dread) from outside of IT range, i would assume that def 2 with IT mk2 could hit, but def3 with normal IT doesnt shoot when bomber dread is at max range dropping bombs.

Quote:

4) Have any other K'luth player noticed these few things, do you agree with what I have stated. Oh and before anyone from another faction jumps on the wah wagon, get in a K'luth ship and try it out.

ive flown kluth and icc ships a lot in this patch, ugto a little (mainly in scenario) and the balance seems fine (if u ignore any/all bugs) atm. UGTO has a bit of an advantage with emp/armor but its not too bad at all. And after seeing kluth stations in combat in scenario, they are weak in comparison to other factions stations. But otherwise the rest of the ships are very balanced.

[ This Message was edited by: spatula_ninja on 2009-07-01 14:00 ]

Email spatula
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-01 13:59   
Quote:

On 2009-07-01 13:49, JBud wrote:
your cloak is working properly, you are invisable as long as it is 0.0 or -0.0

and interdictors do nothing to your signature...
[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-07-01 13:50 ]

Well it sure the hell looks like it and when the planets start shooting at you, and by this Jbud, I mean jump in but not into the dictor field, cloak and run your ecm, watch your sig, move into the dictor field, oh and a planet with out a sensor base, and by the time you hit 500 gus from the planet it opens up on you, yet your sig has never gone in to the positive, that is normal?

Nexus01
Cadet

Posted: 2009-07-01 14:22   
There are still quite a few points left out, El Guapo.

Were you near a nebula?
Did your ECM shut off due to low energy?
etc.

You need to go over EVERY DETAIL.

I personally have no problem playing as Kluth, and it has always been my preferred faction. I am able to get into combat, do some damge, gain pres, and NOT die. Perhaps your play style doesn't fit the faction you are trying to play. I shall quote one of my friends from the Scorched3D forums...

"The mark of a truly skilled player is the ability to adapt. If one cannot adapt, then the player was never that skilled to begin with."

I leave you with this thought, as I escape the insanity that the forums have become.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020899 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR