Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » the so called "new fix"
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author the so called "new fix"
*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-07-09 19:36   
what ever you guys did with this new patch only seems to have messed up things majorly i love the idea that you guys have started updating the game instead of just saing 2weeks but some of the patches havent been working i log on n ow and i seems to be watching a slide show my fps went threw the ground pritty much even droping the grapix has had zero effect plz try and fix this and to end on a good note overall gj

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2009-07-09 22:13   
What kind of graphics card are you running?

Goto the website of Faustus
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-09 23:56   
The graphics are pretty heavy on older graphics cards I can barely run on low everything in darkspace setup

I haven't noticed any new changes though, the last version to not kill my framerate was 483 and that was forever ago

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-07-10 07:36   
Well atm we got a bug at the cincin gate that leads to luyten, at times the ships shows as cloaked when their not, and we cant see our weapons fire.

Next problem is that the core and missiles weapon dont work at times.

This all happen since the last patch.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-10 17:29   
the not seeing your weapons fire is not new. reangle your view and you will see them.
Same with the issue by that gate. The only thing new there seems to be that it happens fairly consistantly at that point in the server. probably a issue with the JG area. Same thing tho. Reangle/readjust your angle of view and you will see all as you should. I have had it happen before even in middle of nowhere, as in tracking down an ejumped ship. Not often, but I've seen it before.

Funny tho, I thought it was only me that was getting that at the Cinci-Luyten connection. I said something last night and nobady else said they had it, so i thought it was just me. lol

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-07-10 17:44   
Quote:

On 2009-07-10 17:29, Azreal wrote:
the not seeing your weapons fire is not new. reangle your view and you will see them.
Same with the issue by that gate. The only thing new there seems to be that it happens fairly consistantly at that point in the server. probably a issue with the JG area. Same thing tho. Reangle/readjust your angle of view and you will see all as you should. I have had it happen before even in middle of nowhere, as in tracking down an ejumped ship. Not often, but I've seen it before.

Funny tho, I thought it was only me that was getting that at the Cinci-Luyten connection. I said something last night and nobady else said they had it, so i thought it was just me. lol

Been happening since the very begining of v1.5, there are a very other areas in Sag too but that particular gate is the worse and very difficult to perform combat or even just navigation.

*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-07-10 17:58   
dont even rember . but i just got this comp in december so it cant be that old how do you check the hardware on your comp again ?

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2009-07-10 18:08   
I wonder if someone who was redoing the weapon effects, made it so low-detail systems see no projectile... can you give me a specific weapon in which you see no projectile?

Goto the website of Faustus
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-10 18:48   
actually what happens is (as Kluth) EVERYTHING disappears. Ship, armor ring, weapons...everything. Then you hold right mouse, spin the view a little, everything comes back no problem. I know it isn't anything to do with "low end comps". I don't have a superpower machine by any means, but I wouldn't consider it to be low end at all. Its like, when you fire weapons, everything disappears from YOUR view, but not other's view. I don't think its desynch either. There are no other issues, just that one (which could be a few issues I guess rolled in one, but its not like you aren't doing any damage or anything). The enemy can see you cause they fire at you. Its just that you can't see anything dealing with you until you spin your view a bit.

Help any?

***edit***
To be honest, because it is just a small glitch that can be fixxed by merely adjusting for view on the fly, it really doesn't seem to be a big issue to me. I mean, it would seem that it belongs way on the bottom of needed fixxes, in my opinion....
Maybe others have a worse time of it?
Have ya'll tried adjusting your view att all to get the grafix back? Does it only work for me?
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-07-10 18:51 ]

Nexus01
Cadet

Posted: 2009-07-10 19:30   
The "disappearing everything" has been around for a while.

For me, it happens in set locations and with a certain range of view angles - adjusting the camera angles beyond these causes everything to reappear. Other ships disappear too, not just my own. Targetting diamonds are still present, along with armor rings - only ship models and weapons fire disappear.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-07-12 00:40   
ive had a few funky graphics glitches where every object goes black, ie the skins just disappear from the objects, which can be interesting. however, it seems to be fixable by reangling.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-12 01:39   
Quote:

On 2009-07-10 17:58, COMMANDERHAWK wrote:
dont even rember . but i just got this comp in december so it cant be that old how do you check the hardware on your comp again ?

Start>Accessories>System Tools>System Information.
That what you want Hawk?

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-12 02:38   
Quote:

On 2009-07-10 18:08, Faustus wrote:
I wonder if someone who was redoing the weapon effects, made it so low-detail systems see no projectile... can you give me a specific weapon in which you see no projectile?

I have my settings all the way low, and I see projectiles, but only when im zoomed in, they disapear after zooming out a bit

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-07-12 08:13   
Quote:

On 2009-07-10 18:48, Azreal wrote:
Blah

This is an issue with the game engine that's been happening for quite some time. It's related to the issue wherein all models and effects disappear when you move the camera at a certain angle (usually a high angle).

It has nothing to do with low/high detail settings or a certain faction. I'd place my bets on it being a simple issue to do with something like particle counts.

*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-07-14 15:51   
ok where dose it say what videocard you have ?

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.048079 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR