Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » What gives?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author What gives?
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-26 00:41   
Well to be fair my answer worked for a lot of the questions:

Can any one provide an Intelligent answers?
Is anyone working on the bugs in this game atm?
Is anyone working on anything??
Eh...you know what?
did you just notice that?

- No.

It does not, however, work for these:

Ok, whats up with the scenario server?
What gives????
Je-fa-fa?

To those I say:

- I don't know. Its happened to me before, but I don't know what the cause is.
- I don't know. I can't speak for others, but I'm not capable of doing a whole lot (especially bug fixing; unless you want new names on Enhancements, I'm not much help) and have been told to do nothing. So I do nothing.
- I don't ever know what Coeus is talking about.

Email Shigernafy
Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-26 00:46   
well thank you for a legit answer....unlike half the others that post stupid comments

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-07-26 01:07   
Truth hurts , doesnt it?

Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-26 03:12   
Quote:

On 2009-07-26 01:07, Pakhos wrote:
Truth hurts , doesnt it?

what exactly do you mean ?

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-07-26 03:19   
Quote:

On 2009-07-26 03:12, Grim-Reaper wrote:
Quote:

Truth hurts , doesnt it?

Well i could explain it very good ,or my post would explain itself very good if it wasnt removed ... that truth...

Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-26 03:31   
Quote:

On 2009-07-26 03:19, Pakhos wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-07-26 03:12, Grim-Reaper wrote:
Quote:

Truth hurts , doesnt it?

Well i could explain it very good ,or my post would explain itself very good if it wasnt removed ... that truth...

ahh i now know what you mean. . .

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-26 09:14   
Not to be entirely depressing: the "No" answer changes. We'll get a few weeks of quite a lot of activity, involvement, engagement, etc. Sometimes months. But we also get periods of complete inactivity. We're in that now; the last time a change was saved to the code was four weeks ago... though a few have been made since then and just not saved.

I wouldn't say nobody cares. But right now, nobody is acting, so its easy to see it as the same thing.

Email Shigernafy
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-26 09:33   
Bito for president...

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-07-26 10:02   
...tnediserp rof otiB

Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-26 10:05   
Actually, I rejoined because I saw the recent amount of development the game had. Then after the initial few weeks of updates things stopped again - which was kind of depressing.

There are a lot of bugs in the game (there is no escaping that fact), each and every one of those make the game less playable. Some of those same bugs were here since 2005. Thats 4 years! 4 whole years to do something about it and what happens to them? Nothing. They are still here! You wonder why players don't have many high hopes anymore.

I mean, I've been here since 2002 (on my main account) and yes, DS looks empty right now, but with that said I do not see a lot of devs/admins wanting to do anything about it anyway.

Don't even get me started on 'balance'. Part of the fun was how fast paced DS was. For now, I cancelled my subscription until I see at least a bit more progress (you know... more than none?).

As for now, all that DS has turned into is a bunch of lobby sitters (unsubbed) who reminisce about ages ago and players who spam the forums with idiotic banter. If this keeps up all DS will be good for is a glorified forum. DS:A wont help save DS, and with the amount of effort and progress I have seen with DS lately, who knows what'll happen with DS:A anyway. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I mean, I havent even seen DS marketed properly at all. Basic things overlooked. No advertisements (Any game dev/owner knows that you need to advertise to keep momentum up. You cant rely on email-bombing players from years ago as they will just be dead weight without some serious updates visible to them).

Hell, it doesn't even COST much to advertise anymore. $20 can easily get you an extra 200 signups ( thats about $0.10 CPA - I get this on my browser game all the time ) with the proper banner/user-friendly splash page.

Darkspace, its admin, its devs, and its mods, really have to think about what they want to do as in the future it will have some major competition which may very well phase this game out. Its 2009 and I have not seen much of a graphical overhaul since the blue/green HUD's for crying out loud. Yes, ooo, graphical dictors. "Yay". They are Pixelated! I know that this game has a minimum req which it wants to hold, but guess what, get over it. Its 2009.
People who have those computers need to seriously upgrade anyway.

If you overhaul the graphics (and dont give me BS about not having a modeler, I learned 3d modeling on my own within a few months to the point where I can get $100 USD/model on Deviantart with only an hour or two of work), it'll bring people who spend money on computers anyway which will probably want to pay for a game thats actually visually appealing.

Ie) You try flying around with 2 dictor ships on your ass and tell me you dont feel nauseous. Oh wait... you cant now with the current player base anyway

The client system is laggy (crashes half of the time on multiple computers I tried it on) and to any dev who thinks that having Disconnect errors is user-friendly when switching servers is full of themselves. It'll drive players away. No other way to sugar-coat it.

[ This Message was edited by: Sir Kestal on 2009-07-26 10:25 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-07-26 11:03   
Yep. We're not totally naive, just constrained.

Email Shigernafy
Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-26 11:20   
lol, agreed. Its just what I have seen, regardless. I dont think many players here will say much against it. Some rant and rave in their own way but I am not mad about it, I am just saying how it is.

[ This Message was edited by: Sir Kestal on 2009-07-26 12:07 ]

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-07-26 12:57   
Quote:

:words:

As representative for the Darkspace community, I would like to thank you for not only rehashing what we have all said for years, but rehashing the same points raised in this very thread. You are truly an asset.

P.S. I was going to do your whole post backwords but I haven't got the time you apparently do.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-07-26 16:19   
Quote:

On 2009-07-26 10:02, Babyfark McGeezax wrote:
...tnediserp rof otiB

I love you.

And I, Crim, shall take the sole blame for Darkspace's emptyness. It isn't the unfixed bugs, or the not-so-fun gameplay now. It is my useless posts in the forums.

Email Supertrooper
Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-07-26 16:24   
As long as you admit your mistake, Crim.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020774 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR