No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Rules clarifications
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Rules clarifications
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-08-16 18:38   
I was wondering if anyone could please point me to the post where transports and interdictors have been ruled an exploit. I did a search, and have failed to find it.

Also, after searching diligently through the RoC, I didn't find anything in there either. But it must be some kind of exploit because I keep getting told it is. So if somebody would point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-08-16 19:50   
Transports and interdictors? That's a very vague, potentially very broad, topic. What about them is exploitative? Who has been telling you this?

Email Shigernafy
Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2009-08-16 20:00   
i think its cuz of the constat complains of the tranny rusher nothing to worry about

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-08-16 20:14   
The use of interdictor PERIOD. I get yelled at and they say I'm exploiting by using it. I don't even get points for using it (seriously).

The transport issue is these two scenarios:

1. They are attacking my planet, I jump in and drop inf on the far side of the planet to reinforce the planet.

2. They have taken a planet or three, and moved on without letting the infantry build back up. Sometimes I see as few as 5 inf on the planet. I get in a tranny, jump in close, cloak, sneak in, and uncloak and drop troops. Sometimes they land. Sometimes I get killed. Takes 2 or more minutes to do. They say I am "tranny rushing". I'm not sure what they mean. Like I said, it takes a good 2 or 3 minutes to get in, position, and drop troops, only for a 50/50 chance they will land.

So are there some kind of limitations that have been listed out that I am unaware of? Nukey is perfect example of what I mean. I am getting called names because I use a particular ship or two.

Its nothing different than all the factions used to do last time I played, so I don't know if for some reason the rules have changed on it.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-08-16 20:24   
No, none of what you listed is an exploit. Kluth have it "easier" with transports in that they can position and then drop, whereas humans have to fly in and potentially be under fire while doing so, but that's just the nature of the beast. The "you can drop 50 troops on an enemy ship" issue is a problem, but that's our only concern with transports at the moment. And interdictors, besides the somewhat disorienting spinning circles, are fine and legitimate to fly.

Email Shigernafy
ken2228
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-08-16 20:35   
Unless a planet has like 20 sensor on it or plats around it and the average sig off any ship is thru the roof,
Any planet with 1 or 32 inf is defenceless for the tactics kluth use...
As off lately it has come to my attention that even pinging only works 1 out off 3 times...

if it is ment to work this way then Az is right i think, but i doubt that

I mean take a look at sag server... where is the balance? I log on and what do i find?
A full day off bombin to get a few planets and lose them over night.
IMHO Ds is no longer a PvP game, its a PvB game (planet V. bomb)
And to take it even further, not only ICC got killed by the ever increasing unbalancing off the factions, UGTO will too.....

I understand that the devs do their best at trying to get a playable game again, but maybe its turning the wrong way....
Updates take ages and if someone doesnt fix this game soon servers will be empty... except for some hardcore kluth maybe farming AI

Also i think a big issue that the whole wolf clan was yelling at nim for rushing... now they seem to do the same?

just my last 2 cents on Ds...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-08-16 21:18   
Quote:

On 2009-08-16 20:35, ken2228 wrote:

Also i think a big issue that the whole wolf clan was yelling at nim for rushing... now they seem to do the same?

Ah. That was when dictors did not work. I, for one, never yelled about it. But it was also different what he was doing.

In Nim's case, without dictors, he would point jump in to side of planet and drop inf. Big deal. It did tick one or two people off. The counter was to sit over to either side of the planet and melt him when he popped in. Rinse, repeat. Not the same thing. But whatever. It was never one of my complaints.

Chaos Theory
Cadet

Posted: 2009-08-16 21:48   
I might have had something to do with this topic being brought up. If what I said contributed to this, I apologize. I merely meant by what I said that interdictors are a pain

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-08-17 06:45   
Quote:

On 2009-08-16 20:35, ken2228 wrote:

I never yelled at him either - bit of an exagerated statement there. He was also destroying his own transports to come back faster (an exploit?) still never bothered yelling at him about that either. hmmm...

virtualsoldier
Cadet

Posted: 2009-08-17 08:15   
using transports to move troops isent an issue imho but no cooldown on kluth cloaks is . when you think about the amount of power it should take to cloak a ship the thought that there would be no recharge on such a device is odd to me . im comfortable with kluth being able to pick and choose there fights but i dont think its fair they can blink in and out its too uber

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-08-17 09:48   
Quote:

On 2009-08-17 08:15, virtualsoldier wrote:
using transports to move troops isent an issue imho but no cooldown on kluth cloaks is . when you think about the amount of power it should take to cloak a ship the thought that there would be no recharge on such a device is odd to me . im comfortable with kluth being able to pick and choose there fights but i dont think its fair they can blink in and out its too uber

You have obviously never played K'luth, or don't understand the mechanics.

From the moment a K'luth hits uncloak, he begins to uncloak. It could take up to 15 secs for a dread, at base signature levels. The moment he begins uncloaking, he can be targeted. He cann't fire back until he reaches full uncloak, however.
The reverse is true as well. From the moment a Kluth dread hits cloak, he begins to cloak. This automatically shuts down all weapons systems, leaving him unable to return fire. All he can do is dodge and cross his fingers.
As far as a cooldown, the idea was rejected for the system we have now.

2 things to keep in mind.

1. the higher the signature, the longer it can take to cloak. When the signature is near 50, it can take nearly 25 secs for a dread to fully cloak/uncloak. That means use more sensor bases, sensor platforms, ECCM, and beacons. Beacons will cause a K'luth to jump every single time. Well, smart 'luthies, anyways. Keep in mind any ecm they have can lessen the signature too, though.

2. With cloak enabled, it drains ALOT of energy. That means manuvering away at high speed after an engagement isn't too likely. That also means that we have to break off engagements much earlier than humans do.

All said, my issue has been answered, and ty Shig for doing so.

I do not, however, understand why people want to put limits on how they play the game. If I am facing a fleet of 4 or better alone, and they are capping, I will grab a tranny and counter. No point in jumping in and attacking, only to die and lose pres. This is an OLD tactic. Nothing new. ALL factions used to do it, for the record. Only reason it seems cheap now is because most of the players that play now are just a year or two old. Almost every K'luth player is from about 4 years ago or longer. Yes, I know there are exceptions. Thats why I said MOST and not ALL. Could you imagine anybody crying about trannies in the scenario days? lol

It seems to me, that people are more likely to cry now that anybody uses tactics, as opposed to developing counter tactics. The way K'luth bombs right now, for example, is directly related to the way that ya'll are building planets. Change that, we have to change as well. I know its not as easy as /y , but it is actually more fun.

I'm really trying to help. The game is dying, but it ain't because of K'luth. K'luth is dominating atm, but it's not because of my transport. I have given ya'll a few tips here. I want to see UGTO improve. ICC is dead. But I want a viable opponent. AI is only so fun. If ya'll don't start developing better tactics, tho, UGTO is just going to die off as well.

virtualsoldier
Cadet

Posted: 2009-08-17 12:55   
i didnt expect a kluth player to agree with me dude all i can do is report what i see and kluth blinking in and out of visibilitey is killing the game . i dont think kluth not having a cloaks would be good . but there is serious balance issues with frankly kluth being to good at hiding =p

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-08-18 13:51   
what you don't realise is that it takes 20 seconds for that kluth ship to "blink" into thin air

Email Sens [R33]
virtualsoldier
Cadet

Posted: 2009-08-18 15:25   
it dosent take that long and no need to take that tone of voice with me fact is kluth are overpowered atm , an idiot couldent argue with that look at the facts that are going on in the meta verse unless your calling me a liar and saying im giving false reports on what i see happening ,or maybe there a touch of exploiting going on that isent getting recognised by the developers whatver the reason im not talking nonsense and not giving false evidence
And you know what i find the most disapointing aspect about this the complete lack of maturity in accepting that there are issues that need fixed to encourage a fun balanced game for all kluth being in denial that they are holding all the aces and dominating the game will kill subscriptions fees and with what i see atm with game population it allready has , dark space had allways had a small but healthy fan base of about 120 players a night now your lucky if you can count them in two hands , and why because we all have or favorite faction and if one gets to powerfull the others feel agrieved and eventually get down right annoyed and dont resubcribe look around you. those that think everythings rosey in the dark space garden are fools . its not the games hurting because of imbalance and its not going to get any better if the dominant faction stays in denial and dosent welcome change to enhance the game for all .
[ This Message was edited by: virtualsoldier on 2009-08-18 15:46 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-08-18 15:48   
Play Kluth for a day then come back; I've used all three factions for many hours in this version, there is nothing op about any faction.

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026790 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR