No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Absurd Ship Catpure
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Absurd Ship Catpure
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-07 00:30   
/rant ( I try not to complain too much about game mechanics, we all know there are flaws to some degree, but the majority lay with poor playerbase statistics (I.E one group having far more players than the others, but I must complain about ship capture... it has me crawling the walls for a solution)

The way ships are currently being captured is absurd.

The enemy can drop as many troops as he wants aboard you.
Your inf will almost surly die every time. With the exception of elties, which are as rare as blue enhacements.

So if My Dread say has 6 vets aboard. They will be killed by the 10 troops dropped aboard by my enemy (Typically a kluth extractor or transport ship that decloaks 50gu away and bum rushes you at 20gu a sec) bam.... ship captured.

Currently, your only hope is to run to a shipyard. Which is also rare, because if you're near your planet, the SY will be blockaded... or you're in an enemy dictor field, by the time you get to the planet, your ship is captured.

I thought to myself.. well.. i'll try to load more inf from my friendly planet, to counterattack the enemy inf. Again. No luck, all my inf are dead.. but my cargo is full because I'm loaded with enemy inf.

All this is absurd. The only hope you have of surviving a cap is to self-destruct (and spend 20 minutes repairing your vessel) or hope to the DS gods you can make it to a shipyard.

I think that ship capture should be either disabled, or code needs to be put into place where you can:

1.) Load more friendly infantry from a planet, or another player on your team, to help fight off the enemy infantry.

2.) Max out the amount of enemy infantry allowed to be boarded to your ship to be equal to the maximum amount that you yourself can carry. (In the itnerests of fairness, at this this way your inf aren't overwhelmed instantly)

or 3.) A combination of some sensible actions. Allow for a special slot to include "shipboard defenses" or something. The enemy inf should a the very least take some damage. Forcefields... automated turrents. There should be SOME bonus aboard your own vessel for fighting off intruders. A single ship should not SINGLEHANDEDLY be able to capture a dreadnaught.. Just like everything else in this game, it should be a team effort to do something like that.

-Krim

/rant

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-09-07 05:44   
I dropped 6 inf on a Kluth Dessie, all made it.

I gets no capture and K'luthie just wonders of cloaked like my inf aren't even there...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-07 06:16   
1. Had a uggy drop inf on my Krill yesterday. They literally disappeared in 2 secs. Like they showed up, and then went *poof*. Was afraid that I would get capped by hidden inf for a while.

2. I do not like the tactic of capping enemy PLAYERS with a transport. I'll do it to a pirate station in a heartbeat, but I think it is cheap when mixxed in with the cloak.

Possible Solution to the cheap shot extractor cap: Make the Kluth trannies have the old ecm-style cloak. Make a Cloak 1 for them, make a Cloak2 for Dessie and up. Then the tranny is effected by eccm, and bumrushing a ship when it has eccm going is a much harder deal. This is unfortunately a dev team job, which means ya'll are screwed. I would suggest ejumping. I can only say I wont do it myself. I WILL drop troops while fighting in combat, using my regular combat ship. That will never change. Valid tactic. But I WON'T use a tranny for it.

Not to say I haven't. I have. 2 times. Was mostly outa boredom. Novelties over now, no more of that.

***edit***

another thing. You used to be able to cycle through components on an enemy ship, and you could target your own inf. Was a way to retrieve them if wanted, or to monitor them, see if they even landed. Also allowed the tactic of targeting specific components. All bad things to have removed from the game. All need to be returned.

Fridge, how do you KNOW your inf landed? I never KNOW now, best I can do is an educated guess.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-09-07 06:19 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-09-07 06:39   
Quote:
On 2009-09-07 00:30, Krim {C?} wrote:
2.) Max out the amount of enemy infantry allowed to be boarded to your ship to be equal to the maximum amount that you yourself can carry

Agreed.
At first you could only successfully unload ONE infantry onto a enemy vessel, this was (i hope) to reduce the chance to Mass Drop infantry onto a enemy vessel. I mean Plant tranny rush is good, but a ship isn't as big as a planet!!!

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-09-07 08:17   
Quote:

On 2009-09-07 06:16, Azreal wrote:

Fridge, how do you KNOW your inf landed? I never KNOW now, best I can do is an educated guess.

All Distrupers on me and he was sitting under me like 5gu away.

Hard to say that it didn't land imo.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-09-07 09:28   
Fire a torp or two as he unloads the inf at you (manually detonate them if you have to) that will kill the pods.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-07 10:11   
its been on the bug list for a while. it'll likely be on the bug list for a while longer

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-09-07 10:53   
its pathetic realy how most players pay for this yet nothing gets sorted.
is it any wonder why most icc have gone along with many utgo?
things like this need sorting right away otherwise players will/are leaving

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-07 11:04   
Quote:

On 2009-09-07 10:11, Mersenne Twister wrote:
its been on the bug list for a while. it'll likely be on the bug list for a while longer

The letter-for-letter reason I do not play anymore.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-08 17:37   
Quote:

On 2009-09-07 11:04, Kanman wrote:
Quote:

The letter-for-letter reason I do not play anymore.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Mr.Grim[Loyalist]
Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-08 18:00   
well ive noticed something weird i had 6 inf droped on my krill and i had all green hvy inf the enemy inf vanished and my inf all turned elite. .

kind of random but i thaught id bring it up

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-08 18:13   
if your ship is purring see a vet.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-08 20:59   
before capture find enemy get close to enemy hit the sd buttion sit back and wave goodbye to enemy
while smileing

Email deathblave
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-08 21:35   
Quote:

There are just so many ways to go off on a justifiable, melodramatic, peasants & pitchforks, Molitov cocktail-flammable hissyfit over that statement.

But I'll refrain from grabbing my soapbox, and refrain from using my XTX Wisdom™.

You may all relax now.

why doesn't the TM thingy show up until u edit? annoying!
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-09-08 21:36 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-09 22:08   
Quote:

On 2009-09-08 21:35, Azreal wrote:
why doesn't the TM thingy show up until u edit? annoying!

Now that is a bug worth expediting the fixing of! I'll get right on it!

(test: ™ ™ )

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034445 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR